Jets DE talking trash about Josh Allen

smuvtalker

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

I did a search prior to posting this, my apologies if it's already being discussed.

I just finished watching a clip from The Carton Show on a preview of the Bills Jets game, and Jets DE John Franklin-Myers was quoted as saying that Josh Allen pleads with the refs for penalty calls....and all I could say was....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  

First off, this is the DE who singlehandedly cost the Jets the game last week with his boneheaded roughing the passer penalty.   His stupid penalty wiped away an 85 yard pick six that would've essentially put the game away.  So what does he do for an encore?  Brings up a player completely unrelated, and tries to say Allen is a flopper, and pleads with the refs for calls. Let me say this.  I'm as big a Bills fan as anyone, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion of having a biased opinion when it comes to our Bills, but this comment is pure absurdity at it's most impressive.  Josh Allen in my opinion has NEVER flopped OR pleaded with the refs for a call he didnt deserve.  If anything, Allen takes way more hits with no flags called than pretty much any quarterback I've seen with the exception of Cam Newton, MAYBE.  I believe that a big reason for that is his aggressive running style, and also that he's probably better at dishing punishment out than any other QB to play the game. 

Jets players and coaches alike have got to be wanting to shove this guy in a closet for making comments like this prior to the game.  As if Allen and company needed any additional motivation, I'm sure this raised some eyebrows in the Bills locker room.  Sometimes I really wonder what is going through a players mind when they make these type of idiotic statements.  

Thoughts?

If I was Josh, I'd be complaining for calls too considering he got sexually assaulted in Miami and then blatantly tripped right in front of the ref with no call against KC.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh, he for sure embellishes hits. And he certainly complains to refs for calls. He is an NFL quarterback. They all do it, or at least the good ones do.

Allen has admitted to holding onto the ball a little longer to try to get a hit and draw a roughing penalty. We've seen him embellish hits on the sideline, or go down after a small hit after a throw. He for sure does it.

BUT I agree that it is nothing different about him. Allen doesn't do it more than other QB's.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Josh does have a reputation outside buffalo fans as throwing “temper tantrums” 

between tossing the ball in that chiefs players face a couple years ago and reacting to non calls on occasion it’s warranted. 
As others have said most quarterbacks do it. People wouldn’t care if the player isn’t so great. If that’s the best thing people can come up with to hate on him more power to em. 

I still get a giggle every time I think about him tossing the ball at that guys head. 😂 

I did a search prior to posting this, my apologies if it's already being discussed.

I just finished watching a clip from The Carton Show on a preview of the Bills Jets game, and Jets DE John Franklin-Myers was quoted as saying that Josh Allen pleads with the refs for penalty calls....and all I could say was....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  

First off, this is the DE who singlehandedly cost the Jets the game last week with his boneheaded roughing the passer penalty.   His stupid penalty wiped away an 85 yard pick six that would've essentially put the game away.  So what does he do for an encore?  Brings up a player completely unrelated, and tries to say Allen is a flopper, and pleads with the refs for calls. Let me say this.  I'm as big a Bills fan as anyone, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion of having a biased opinion when it comes to our Bills, but this comment is pure absurdity at it's most impressive.  Josh Allen in my opinion has NEVER flopped OR pleaded with the refs for a call he didnt deserve.  If anything, Allen takes way more hits with no flags called than pretty much any quarterback I've seen with the exception of Cam Newton, MAYBE.  I believe that a big reason for that is his aggressive running style, and also that he's probably better at dishing punishment out than any other QB to play the game. 

Jets players and coaches alike have got to be wanting to shove this guy in a closet for making comments like this prior to the game.  As if Allen and company needed any additional motivation, I'm sure this raised some eyebrows in the Bills locker room.  Sometimes I really wonder what is going through a players mind when they make these type of idiotic statements.  

Thoughts?

Yep, it was a boneheaded play.  56 seconds in for a good view:

It's a tough life being a DLman or blitzer these days, but you can't just be locked and loaded and proceed to hit the QB regardless.

Salah was doing "gamesmanship" saying to reporters that the refs explained "he hit him too hard".  The ball was gone, Franklin took two steps and gave a little jump and chest slam to knock Jones down.  Was Jones doing some gamesmanship to fall over when he might have been able to stay on his feet?  Likely, but the ball is gone, Franklin has full view of Jones right arm and can see the passing motion take place, he needs to keep his feet on the ground and try to divert, not launch.

Of course Allen would flop in those circumstance and hope that if he didn't get the completion he would get the first down by penalty.  Allen has said when he has to throw the ball away, he waits until the last moment to try for a roughing call, and sure thing, he'll do the soccer flop.  He "deserves" the penalty because it is roughing by rule.

I'm sure the Jets coaches have a cut-up of late hits after Allen throws and penalties he's drawn.

And let's get it straight, there's gamesmanship on the defensive player's side too.  It's a form of intimidation - "I'm right on your ass, Mac Jones"  "I got a bead on you".  They know they aren't supposed to hit the QB late, they do it just like OLmen and DB hold: because most of the time the refs let it pass.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  

Thoughts?

Nothing like sealing your fate before the coinflip. Allen is going to go buckwild.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t know what the problem is here. 

We see Josh pleading with the refs all the time. He’s really physically animated about it too. Brady yells a lot, but Allen gets a whole lot of arm waiving involved. 

As far as flopping, Allen did an interview with Simms talking about how he’ll hold the ball longer just to draw a roughing the passer call. 

It is what it is. I wouldn’t get upset over it. 

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Seems like they think jaire Alexander got into our head and that’s the reason the second half of the gb game didn’t go well.

Thinking the Jets feel they can get in our players heads and that will make it easier for them to defend when Josh and the offense isn't focused.  

I like to think our guys used the GB game to appear to be playing badly due to having been rattled and they will demoralize the Jets defenders into easy submission to their fate of being a stepping stone to this seasons eventual SB champs.

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Every QB in the NFL pleads for PI, late hits, etc.  Its literally part of their job to do that.  Show me a QB who doesn't and I will show you a bad QB.  

I mean the defender literally shoved him late, so any good player is going to sell the contact.  The contact was absolutely illegal though in the first place.  

Yep, totally legit penalty, no sympathy for Madubuike there.  That was one of those "I know the ball is gone and I could avoid you but I'm gonna put my hands on you and shove just to make the point I was close".

But Josh Allen absolutely flopped and sold it.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.