The Jets Are Going to Copy the Packers' Game Plan, Right?

st pete gogolak

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I wonder if we see the Bills come out of Nickel if the Jets try to copy the Packers game plan. 

No need.

They can just walk down Poyer or Hamlin on early downs and dare Wilson to hold the ball against that D front.

Have fun with that, kid.

If the Bills kick the field goal instead of Allen throwing the puck to Jaire and we win 30-17 does anyone really care?  

the bills only allowed 17 points… they haven’t allowed more than 21 all year.  This defense has played against Rodgers Mahomes Lamar Henry Kupp Hill Waddle…. 

This Jets team doesn’t have a single weapon close to those guys.  Do they put up some points?  Sure.  But I’m projecting 40-17 type of game

• Like (+1) 1

The Packers gameplan had them down 24-7 at halftime.

With the Bills offense playing their sloppiest and ugliest half of the entire season, the Packers then wasted almost an entire quarter of play to get themselves a whopping THREE POINTS.  The opportunity was there for them to get back into the game, and they completely squandered it.  Meanwhile, we just sat back in nickel defense and laughed as they drained the clock away.

The Jets can run the ball all they want.  They might even have some good rushing stats at the end of the day.

And then they can proudly look at the 35-13 scoreboard, and be happy we didn't put 50 on them.

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Figured this would happen as Pack had some running success. 

In the end the Pack scored a grand total of 17 pts. Buffalo essentially said fine run on us but your not passing. I don't disagree there is some tightening up needed which is probably the result of a bye week as Buffalo has been pretty good this year against the run. But when the other team is stuck to 17 pts and generally can't do a ton I could really care less about how effective their run is.

As for the Jets Buffalo is going to load the box all day, Wilson is a mess right now and his offense knows it. Hall is out and their best offensive lineman is out so they are going to have issues. Honestly I would expect a few turnovers and a lot of sacks.

14 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Not worried about the Jets copying it, but am worried about the Vikings, Ravens, and even the Chiefs running the ball down our throats.  It makes sense. You wear down our defense and you keep our offense off the field.  That is how you beat a team like the Bills. 

Why is everyone assuming that running the ball down our throats is the formula to beat the Bills ? Did it worked for the packers ? The formula to beat the Bills is to stop Josh Allen and our offense, if you can’t do that and we take a two or three score lead  then please by all means keep running the ball down our throats !! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I haven't watched the Jets much this year but I did watch yesterday's game against the Pats.  No way do they put the game in Wilson's hands.  I think he will be on a very tight leash.  I know that Hall and their best O Lineman are out but I can certainly see them running all sorts of heavy, two tight end sets, try to grind the clock, rely on their defense to keep it close, etc.  My question is whether we stay 4-2-5 if they go heavy.  After our game yesterday, I assume the answer is yes.  Not sure it's a great answer.  

Are the Jets taking Rodgers, Jones, etc or are they going to try to copy with their less than adequate offense?

18 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Except no way Wilson makes the two throws throws that Aaron Rodgers made to score their only TD's. 

So maybe they score 6-9 points playing like GB did? 

If they hold the Bills to 3 points total I think they have a great shot of winning. 

Oh why does that remind me of something…

23 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Not worried about the Jets copying it, but am worried about the Vikings, Ravens, and even the Chiefs running the ball down our throats.  It makes sense. You wear down our defense and you keep our offense off the field.  That is how you beat a team like the Bills. 

Just like how the Chiefs beat us a couple weeks ago at arrowhead. Wait whaaaaaat?

Edited by JDubya76

The packers plan failed. If Allen hadn't thrown two ints.. they would have scored over 35+... is anyone looking at a 35-17 game and going.. wow, what did the losing team do in that game?!

If anything, I'd look more at what they did the offense so I'd guess they should have sauce start talking crap at the WRs to throw them off their game again..

Preventing the big play and controlling the clock is going to be the game plan vs the Bills forever now.

The Jets do have some decent personnel to execute that game plan. James Robinson now at RB is good. They have a talented defense.

But they don't have a QB.

The Bills will feel better going adding in the third LB or big nickel vs Wilson than they did vs Rodgers.

45 minutes ago, wjag said:

The Jets key to beating the Bills rests soley with their DLINE.

And a RB that is now out for the season, unless the football gods are feeling vindictive, the jets have no chance, jmo.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Preventing the big play and controlling the clock is going to be the game plan vs the Bills forever now.

The Jets do have some decent personnel to execute that game plan. James Robinson now at RB is good. They have a talented defense.

But they don't have a QB.

The Bills will feel better going adding in the third LB or big nickel vs Wilson than they did vs Rodgers.

I agree this is what teams will attempt going forward. The bigger problem for our opponents, however, will be stopping our offense. Once you’re down two or more scores running the ball will not get you back in the game. As long as our offense cleans up a few miscues and turnovers, we will continue to roll.

1 minute ago, Sestak4ever said:

I agree this is what teams will attempt going forward. The bigger problem for our opponents, however, will be stopping our offense. Once you’re down two or more scores running the ball will not get you back in the game. As long as our offense cleans up a few miscues and turnovers, we will continue to roll.

Yeah, you have to execute the plan and hope the Bills offense has an off-day. The Packers stayed in the game for that reason in the 2nd half.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.