Sammy Watkins....is he a TE now?

Hebert19

Watkins retired shortly after he was drafted.  I can't say what year that he unofficially retired, as I don't recall, but the fact that he's still getting on rosters is confounding.  Not that I care, but, for example, Blaine Gabbert is still in the league.  So, one wonders at times...

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

He looks like Benjamin out there.   Slow.  Overweight.  Awful.  Now may be hurt again.  

Packers will be making some calls this week for receivers. 

Two words: Cheese Curds.      😋

If Rodgers wasn’t making $50 Mil/year, or whatever it is, they could afford more help around him. But he is, and they can’t. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

sammy who?

“To all the people that have a problem with me being injured you guys go out there and play this sport it’s a 100% injury rate,” Watkins wrote. “I’m not first or last person that’s gone be injured difference from me and you guys y’all mad and I’m not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because I’m good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working y’all little jobs for the rest of y’all lives since everyone once a response here go one have a blessed day.”

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

sammy who?

“To all the people that have a problem with me being injured you guys go out there and play this sport it’s a 100% injury rate,” Watkins wrote. “I’m not first or last person that’s gone be injured difference from me and you guys y’all mad and I’m not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because I’m good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working y’all little jobs for the rest of y’all lives since everyone once a response here go one have a blessed day.”

It’s a tragedy that “All y’all little jobs” overshadowed using “once” instead of “wants” and I’m tired of pretending of it’s not.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s a tragedy that “All y’all little jobs” overshadowed using “once” instead of “wants” and I’m tired of pretending of it’s not.

Just shows Sammy is very limited in his mental abilities.  He got away with it in the college game because of his speed.  In the pros lot of athletic talent can be shut down with proper counter techniques by smarter players.  He doesn't push himself to be better because he doesn't really care about the game.  For him he's only cashing a paycheck and he's going to do as little as he possibly can and still cash the checks.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

His grammar is awfully bad. How did he pass school? 

This could be said for half of the league.  So, given my deep disdain for Watkins (lack of self awareness, lack of motivating his team to win, injured a lot later on), I don't really care how he got out of college.  He did.  My only surprise is that he's still doing it.

Unrelated, but I was in General Ed classes with a few UB football players over the years, and we're talking early 1990s here.  The sports cars, the jewelry, I mean... that's the blueprint.

4 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

I'd be surprised if he even got his free college degree.  I'm gonna guess he didn't bother graduating once he signed his rookie contract.  And I'm sure Clemson has plenty of the Jock classes to help their athletes maintain academic standing.  

He has to be up there as one of the all time waste of talents.  He had it all talent wise, but he didn’t have the heart, commitment, or mental strength.  

Worst thing for him was he got paid big money before he earned it based on potential and then just coasted from there even more.  He cashed in on his “potential” in KC and never looked back. Took that money and was content just being a role player, could care less about living up to his potential or contract.  

56 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

sammy who?

We can see school worked out really well for him too. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

This could be said for half of the league.  So, given my deep disdain for Watkins (lack of self awareness, lack of motivating his team to win, injured a lot later on), I don't really care how he got out of college.  He did.  My only surprise is that he's still doing it.

Unrelated, but I was in General Ed classes with a few UB football players over the years, and we're talking early 1990s here.  The sports cars, the jewelry, I mean... that's the blueprint.

Yea I knew some of them from throwing them out of Wilkeson Pub.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

He didn’t,  he was in a different place, called flat earth…,

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.