Sammy Watkins....is he a TE now?

Hebert19

2 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

This could be said for half of the league.  So, given my deep disdain for Watkins (lack of self awareness, lack of motivating his team to win, injured a lot later on), I don't really care how he got out of college.  He did.  My only surprise is that he's still doing it.

Unrelated, but I was in General Ed classes with a few UB football players over the years, and we're talking early 1990s here.  The sports cars, the jewelry, I mean... that's the blueprint.

Recall when Patrick Ewing was drafted to the Knicks, could hardy speak a full sentence.  By the time he retired wouldn't know it was the same person. Huge difference!

• Like (+1) 1

I read an interview with him a year or two with him and he is a nutty conspiracy theorist who has learned everything from YouTube videos. 

He also spent his first couple or years in buffalo depressed and smoking weed in his basement. 

When the bills drafted him I had such Great hopes him. I remember watching him not stay with blocks and not do basic effort plays.

I also remember tyrod throwing td pass after td pass to Sammy in a rain storm in KC

8 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

Watkins retired shortly after he was drafted.  I can't say what year that he unofficially retired, as I don't recall, but the fact that he's still getting on rosters is confounding.  Not that I care, but, for example, Blaine Gabbert is still in the league.  So, one wonders at times...

Eh, he was kinda good for the Bills one year but yea, my memories of him are not fond ones.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Two words: Cheese Curds.      😋

If Rodgers wasn’t making $50 Mil/year, or whatever it is, they could afford more help around him. But he is, and they can’t. 

Exactly, Rodgers made his bed because he’s a greedy *****. Can’t have your cake and eat it to. He’s the reason the packers are being held back. I don’t blame LaFleur much as some do. At some point people have to realize they can’t do anything trade/signing wise because their QB is taking up their whole salary cap. They lost Adams because Rodgers wanted more money. I think LaFleur and company is probably regretting not trading him off to Hackett in Denver.

I admittedly fell for it this year and thought he could do something. I was so wrong. I did however say that the Packers would be awful and miss the playoffs, so 50/50 not too shabby. God there were so many offseason GB defenders. That team is in shambles. Hard to win when you legitimately don't have wide receivers, not to even mention Rodgers problems.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.