I'm not cryin', YOU'RE cryin'

Beck Water

37 minutes ago, Maynard said:

First and foremost, what a brave young girl to save her brother!! 

Yeah, you can tell by the photos that she paid the price.  I hope she can get the best medical care and therapy available, and her brother as well.

37 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Secondly, if you haven’t figured it out yet, not only is Josh an amazing QB for the Buffalo Bills, but is also an amazing human being. 

He goes that extra mile for the fans.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, you can tell by the photos that she paid the price.  I hope she can get the best medical care and therapy available, and her brother as well.

He goes that extra mile for the fans.

I was wondering if they are from the Buffalo area.  I was thinking if so, they could have been in Oschie Children's Hospital.

If anyone has details, I would appreciate posting them.

Being in the spot light has to be hard. I would not wish for that attention myself.

There will come a time when the media will just be salivating for Allen to take a misstep.

If that time comes, my hope is that the Bills Mafia will remember he is only human, and in the grand scale of being a member of our fallible ranks.... one of the better ones.

Edited by WideNine
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was wondering if they are from the Buffalo area.  I was thinking if so, they could have been in Oschie Children's Hospital.

If anyone has details, I would appreciate posting them.

Here's a story:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bills-mafia-rallies-around-bills-fan-following-a-family-tragedy

The family is from Sherman, NY which is near Chautauqua.  Girl spent 100 days in hospital in Pittsburgh, her brother 155.  And she likely has a long road ahead of her as does he.

I had the chance to attend a talk by a gentleman named John O'Leary, who was severely burned in an accident involving a gasoline can.  He managed to survive being burnt on almost 100% of his body and then thrive - graduate from a good university, marry, raise kids, earn a living, and now follow his dream as an author and motivational speaker

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Choices-Ignite-Radically-Inspired/dp/1501117726

Obviously a person with guts and persistence, but one of the take-homes I got from his talk, was how much it had truly meant to him when he was in hospital recovering, to have various sports personalities from his area visit him and talk to him and give him mementos and tell him stuff like "you're going to be my guest at the stadium and we'll do this that and the other".

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 10/22/2022 at 12:35 PM, RocCityRoller said:

Wow Elliye is a real hero

supergirl GIF

Her brother too. They were both trying to save their one-year-old brother who sadly did not make it, or at least that's what the article said that was posted above.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Her brother too. They were both trying to save their one-year-old brother who sadly did not make it, or at least that's at the article said thay was posted above.

This is when you need a tears response emoji. What a remarkable family.

This story is so touching, heartbreaking, and uplifting all at the same time.  Just good vibes all around.  Best wishes to that family, and (once again) kudos to Brandon Beane, his scouting staff, and the Pegulas for finding this farm boy from Firebaugh and bringing him home.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.