Kelce restructures contract

Dablitzkrieg

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Amari Copper has been a disappointment in Cleveland and the wheels are about to fall off the franchise in Cleveland again. They have been calling for HC to be fired for three weeks now.  Teller hurt calf last week.  Their season was lost when Watson was suspended.  I could see Cleveland letting Cooper go for a 2nd and 4th to try and add draft picks for 2023.  

Hes top 10th in targest, 21st in receptions, 28th in yards this year. All with a backup QB. Cleveland would be dumber than I thought to let him go

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Just not worth a late 1st Rd pick!! Are you saying I was wrong about JT28? 

I’m saying that JT28 has been trash this year because his offensive line hasn’t been playing well.  No matter how good he is- he’s trash if the line doesn’t block well.  Just like Breece. Just like Singletary.  

Just now, NewEra said:

I’m saying that JT28 has been trash this year because his offensive line hasn’t been playing well.  No matter how good he is- he’s trash if the line doesn’t block well.  Just like Breece. Just like Singletary.  

Isn't it the same offensive line he ran behind last season? Also, JT28 is injured

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Isn't it the same offensive line he ran behind last season? Also, JT28 is injured

Who? The colts line?  Idk, I know some guys have been injured but haven’t paid too much attention.

Taylors injury has very little to do with the elite super star rb averaging 4.0 ypc.  He got hurt, he sat out.  He hasn’t had the blocking.  Meanwhile, motor has never been under 4.5 in his career.  

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If the Chiefs are willing to give up first round picks for CMC, good, let them.  It will only hurt them in the long run.

Yes….but if they are trading multiple first for Burns….  That will definitely hurt us

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes….but if they are trading multiple first for Burns….  That will definitely hurt us

Oh, well. Nothing we can do to stop it if that's the case except play football better than they do.

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Think it’s Christian an all purpose back like him with Mahomes is like stealing points and they have the draft picks after the Hill trade 

The Chiefs lack a receiver that can stretch the field.  CMC doesn't fix that for them.

They're Brandon Staley and a Tom Brady divorce leak away from being 3-3 or 2-4. 

They traded Tyreek Hill during peak Mahomes and are going to trade for DJ Moore or sign OBJ?  LOL

Chargers are winning that division 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Who? The colts line?  Idk, I know some guys have been injured but haven’t paid too much attention.

Taylors injury has very little to do with the elite super star rb averaging 4.0 ypc.  He got hurt, he sat out.  He hasn’t had the blocking.  Meanwhile, motor has never been under 4.5 in his career.  

Yet, the Bills keep looking to upgrade!! Moss, Cook, signed Duke Johnson. Motor is decent, but not game changing. Motor puts ZERO fear in opposing defenses. 

Just now, Big Blitz said:

They're Brandon Staley and a Tom Brady divorce leak away from being 3-3 or 2-4. 

They traded Tyreek Hill during peak Mahomes and are going to trade for DJ Moore or sign OBJ?  LOL

Chargers are winning that divi 

Have you watched the Chargers this year? Did you see them last night? They have really been underwhelming in comparison to expectations thus far. They have lucked up into a 4-2 record while being outscored overall as a team by 11 points. Their victories have come against the Raiders (1-4), the Browns (2-4), the Texans (1-3-1), and the Broncos (2-4). Their good fortune will not continue. I don't think KC has anything to fear from the Chargers just yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Have you watched the Chargers this year? Did you see them last night? They have really been underwhelming in comparison to expectations thus far. They have lucked up into a 4-2 record while being outscored overall as a team by 11 points. Their victories have come against the Raiders (1-4), the Browns (2-4), the Texans (1-3-1), and the Broncos (2-4). Their good fortune will not continue. I don't think KC has anything to fear from the Chargers just yet. 

They're missing key guys

Bosa

Lindsley 

Keenan

58 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

You guys are way too dramatic about this. Most likely this was a must for them to just survive the season cap wise.

Sportrac has them 300k over the cap. Official NFLPA source has them only 450k under the cap. 

They just have a very tight cap situation. Every elevation for game day costs cap space. Every player signed instead of injured player costs caps space. So most likely they just needed to convert something just to be able to fit under cap this season.

Thank you - the voice of reason chimes in.  THANK you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Hes top 10th in targest, 21st in receptions, 28th in yards this year. All with a backup QB. Cleveland would be dumber than I thought to let him go

He's 69th in YPC.  Hardly the return on investment they were looking for.  Agree it is with a back-up QB but I'm guessing Browns will be in full rebuild mode by end of year. 

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They're missing key guys

Bosa

Lindsley 

Keenan

And......... We have as well and we're still rolling. We barely got past the Chiefs with JA17 putting on his Superman cape again. Herbert doesn't look like there has been any improvement from last year to this one tbh. They're not ready. 

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

You guys are way too dramatic about this. Most likely this was a must for them to just survive the season cap wise.

Sportrac has them 300k over the cap. Official NFLPA source has them only 450k under the cap. 

They just have a very tight cap situation. Every elevation for game day costs cap space. Every player signed instead of injured player costs caps space. So most likely they just needed to convert something just to be able to fit under cap this season.

This is serious stuff mister 

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

QB, WR, LT, and DE all injured.  If/when they get healthy they will be a force

39 minutes ago, H2o said:

And......... We have as well and we're still rolling. We barely got past the Chiefs with JA17 putting on his Superman cape again. Herbert doesn't look like there has been any improvement from last year to this one tbh. They're not ready. 

I'm not worried about Herbert.  

I think their defense - if they get Bosa back, is going to be a massive problem..

I know it hasn't been that yet.  

Lots of new pieces playing together.   

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, phypon said:

OBJ? CMC?  *cringe*

CMC doesn’t make sense.  They didn’t need to restructure Kelce to fit CMC contract in this year and they definitely can’t afford CMC next few seasons.  And they love the rookie they have in Pacheco who they are very high on.  

And I doubt it’s OBJ, especially after OBJ made it about the money.  He said he wants to go to Rams but they didn’t offer what he is worth.  So if his heart is in LA but is prioritizing money over his preference, then I doubt KC is gonna pay him what he wants.  

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Will they tho? The chargers have been the team that’s about to breakout for about 20

years. I’m skeptical 

Every right to be skeptical.  That said the last 20 years has no bearing on this year.  I have doubts about their HC but their QB is elite.  I'm sticking with my pre-season prediction of Bills-Chargers in AFC Championship game in Buffalo. 

57 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Oh, well. Nothing we can do to stop it if that's the case except play football better than they do.

The Chiefs lack a receiver that can stretch the field.  CMC doesn't fix that for them.

Scantling can stretch the field.  Luckily for us he sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

QB, WR, LT, and DE all injured.  If/when they get healthy they will be a force

Herbert is going to have to manage that pretty much all year. That was said when the injury took place. Their LT is gone for the season. The guy who stepped in, by the reports I have seen, hasn't been bad at all. Bosa is down, yes, but his groin injury is going to take some time. He had surgery and will be out 8-10 weeks. He might not even be back at 100% this year. Keenan Allen is down with his hamstring injury, sure, but that too could linger throughout the season. They are not ready. 

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Agree.   They had to do a move to stay under the cap, so they did enough to get through the year.

I would think a DB move could happen with some of the cap they now have. 

I don't believe it was done with their sights on some "game changer".

Beane was close to having to do this a week or so ago.  Letting Smith go has him back up to $1.7M.  He's doing a good job with the money. 

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yet, the Bills keep looking to upgrade!! Moss, Cook, signed Duke Johnson. Motor is decent, but not game changing. Motor puts ZERO fear in opposing defenses. 

That wasn’t what they’re doing with moss, cook and Duke.  They were looking for compliments.  Moss, the short yardage guy and pass pro beast-  Duke and cook receiving backs.  

Here’s what you’re failing to accept and it’s sad-  we don’t need a game changing back.    You know who made a game changing play on Sunday? 1st rd pick, Kaiir Elam.  

you’re a running back ***** and overestimate their value.  I get it.  I used to be too.  they’re exciting and my favorite position to watch.  I remember arguing with my father that Thurman was more important to Jim Kelly.  Boy was I wrong. 

we have the best team in the league-  we don’t need a game changing back.  Just the rams didn’t needs a game changing back when they won the SB last year.  

Or the Bucs didn’t need a game changing back when they won the previous year.  

Or the chiefs didn’t need a game changing back when they won the year before.  

Or the pats didn’t need a game changing back when they won the year before.  

Or the eagles didn’t need a game changing back when they won the year before.  

Or the patriots didn’t need a game changing back when they won the year before.  

Or the broncos didn’t need a game changing back when they won the year before.  

It’s been 10 years since a game changing back won the SB-   And Mckinnon had more burst than that game changing rb

Edited by NewEra

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That wasn’t what they’re doing with moss, cook and Duke.  They were looking for components.  Moss, the short yardage guy and pass pro beast-  Duke and cook receiving backs.  

Here’s what you’re failing to accept and it’s sad-  we don’t need a game changing back.    You know who made a game changing play on Sunday? 1st rd pick, Kaiir Elam.  

you’re a running back ***** and overestimate their value.  I get it.  I used to be too.  they’re exciting and my favorite position to watch.  I remember arguing with my father that Thurman was more important to Jim Kelly.  Boy was I wrong. 

we have the best team in the league-  we don’t need a game changing back.  Just the rams didn’t needs a game changing back when they won the SB last year.  

Or the Bucs didn’t need a game changing back when they won the previous year.  

Or the chiefs didn’t need a game changing back when they won the year before.  

Or the eagles didn’t need a game changing back when they won the year before.  

Or the broncos didn’t need a game changing back when they won the year before.  

It’s been 10 years since a game changing back won the SB-   And Mckinnon had more burst than that game changing rb

Yeah, had the Bills used Thurman Thomas more in XXV, we'd have a title. IJS. You do need  "complimentary" football and a good defense to win the chip, hence your examples

Won't be surprised if the Chiefs make a big time move, their current window is only going to be open for so long especially with Kelce given his age.

Veach is similar to Beane though and values draft picks so don't think they'll go completely crazy like the Rams did last year, but if they can add one big time player they'll likely do it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I agree——- but I also think his injury is taking a toll on him.  He couldn’t even reach the end zone on the Hail Mary.  I’ve seen him make that throw several times.  He’s nowhere near full strength imo.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.