Bills vs Eagles. Who is #1?

unbillievable

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills have beaten all 3 other division leaders in the AFC.  

Tennessee, Baltimore and KC all lead their divisions and all of them got L's against the Bills.

And she isn't even really hot to distract us from those terrible takes like some of the other hosts on shows are.

I find she looks like her brother so much. She reminds me of the South Park when Randy dresses up as Lorde. 

14 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Don’t flame me too bad but Phillys roster is just as talented if not more than buffalo. Their O line is amazing when Lane Johnson and Kelce are healthy. 3 shifty quick running backs. Solid duo of receivers and goeddert at tight end.  And they do have the best corner tandem in the league. Slay has to be cb1 in the league so far. 
They would be the one team I would not want to face right now. Allen and Buffalo can definitely beat them, hurts still has question marks and I’m not a fan of that coach or their playcalling. Reminds me of McDermott’s first couple years when he didn’t trust the offense to execute anything consistently and coached really conservative. 
I think Buffalo finishes better than them but I’m just basing that off health. I don’t see anyway Philly stays healthy enough to win 13+ games. If pieces start dropping hurts probably isn’t carrying them the way Allen can. 

My issue is if they have this amazing O-Line with these amazing receivers, why is he throwing 150 yards?  He has 1,514 yards passing and 293 rushing.  That combined isn't even where Josh is at in passing, AND Josh has sat out 3 full quarters so far this season.  Josh has thrown 1,980 passing and still has 257 rushing, playing nearly a full game less.  The Bills averages 440.8 yards of total offense a game despite sitting starters for 3 quarters so far this year.  Philly hasn't been able to do that yet, and they have 394.5.  

Now they want to talk about having the better running back.  Are we talking about yards?  Then sure.  I'm not even defending Singletary, but he has had slightly less than half the rushing attempts (57) than Sanders (105).  Sanders averages 4.6 on the ground to Singletary's 4.5.  The reason why people talk about the run game is because the pass game isn't there yet for Philly.  If Hurts was on Allen's level, they wouldn't be handing the ball off to Sanders a billion times a game trying to do ball control.  Eagles defense is elite, but their offense isn't there yet.  Cool, they beat Minnesota and Dallas.  Kudos to them.  But Detroit, Jax, Arizona, and Washington are not juggernauts.  Their toughest game for the rest of the year is probably Tennessee.  

Eagles are good.  They are the class of the NFC, but they're not on the level of Buffalo and KC.  Yes, they're undefeated, but this is the same talk we had during the BCS years when Alabama and Florida would have to play each other in the SEC Championship.  Someone has to lose.  Then here comes Notre Dame trotting in after beating powerhouses like BYU and expecting respect after a 12-0 season.  This is how I feel about Philly.  They're undefeated, but to put it into context, they haven't had a tough schedule so far, and they won't have one the rest of the year.

3 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Totally agree was checking their schedule today.  Now, we could both be wrong about the nfc east though....they keep winning we gotta admit Dal and NYG are pretty good.

I think the Giants will fade as the year goes on and I think Dallas is probably a 9-10 win team.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

My issue is if they have this amazing O-Line with these amazing receivers, why is he throwing 150 yards?  He has 1,514 yards passing and 293 rushing.  That combined isn't even where Josh is at in passing, AND Josh has sat out 3 full quarters so far this season.  Josh has thrown 1,980 passing and still has 257 rushing, playing nearly a full game less.  The Bills averages 440.8 yards of total offense a game despite sitting starters for 3 quarters so far this year.  Philly hasn't been able to do that yet, and they have 394.5.  

Now they want to talk about having the better running back.  Are we talking about yards?  Then sure.  I'm not even defending Singletary, but he has had slightly less than half the rushing attempts (57) than Sanders (105).  Sanders averages 4.6 on the ground to Singletary's 4.5.  The reason why people talk about the run game is because the pass game isn't there yet for Philly.  If Hurts was on Allen's level, they wouldn't be handing the ball off to Sanders a billion times a game trying to do ball control.  Eagles defense is elite, but their offense isn't there yet.  Cool, they beat Minnesota and Dallas.  Kudos to them.  But Detroit, Jax, Arizona, and Washington are not juggernauts.  Their toughest game for the rest of the year is probably Tennessee.  

Eagles are good.  They are the class of the NFC, but they're not on the level of Buffalo and KC.  Yes, they're undefeated, but this is the same talk we had during the BCS years when Alabama and Florida would have to play each other in the SEC Championship.  Someone has to lose.  Then here comes Notre Dame trotting in after beating powerhouses like BYU and expecting respect after a 12-0 season.  This is how I feel about Philly.  They're undefeated, but to put it into context, they haven't had a tough schedule so far, and they won't have one the rest of the year.

They run a different style offense and if you read my original comment Siriani coaches a lot like mcd did his first couple years here. Get a lead, sit on it and play conservative football. 
They have 3 solid backs who are mostly the same but they all contribute. 
As I’ve said a few times in this thread I never said Philly was a better team or playing better football than Buffalo. 
Simply they have as much if not more talent on their roster than Buffalo at the current moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Or he is just not an elite quarterback, which is what everyone here is saying.  "Sucks" appears to be your words. He is on a 3-3 team and has a 1-3 playoff record. The goal of the NFL is to win games and win championships. It isn't to have the best "analytics" or whatever garbage is being pushed as an indicator of how good a team is.  99% of people who watch football regularly know the Bills are the best team in the NFL and the Chiefs are the second best team in the NFL. They don't need some analytics to tell them.  Same goes for Lamar Jackson. 99% of people who watch football know he is a great athlete with limitations as a QB.  We don't need analytics to tell us that.

Define elite quarterback. Terms like 'elite' and 'GOAT' are being thrown around so much right now that they are losing any meaning. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are also 3-3. How do you rate them? Cooper Rush is 4-1 and Dan Jones is 5-1, are they elite now? Silly argument. Baltimore's offense is dragging their terrible defense to a 3-3 record. Guess who leads that offense?

There are 2 elite QBs in the league today. Allen and Mahomes. Jackson is tier 2 by any measure.

1-3 in the playoffs?

He lost to Buffalo who needed a Taron Johnson pick 6 to turn that game around. Thankfully Johnson has a knack for those types of plays. (See KC last week)

He lost to the Titans and Derek Henry who went off for 195 yards rushing. Was he playing defense?

He lost to a Chargers team where he out dueled Rivers. Rivers 0 TD - 0 INT, Jackson 2 TD - 1 INT

Clearly Jackson melted down versus the Giants last week. No argument there. Two turnovers in the last 5 minutes of the game stinks. But that was after the Baltimore defense melted down in the 4th quarter. His best WR, Bateman, has missed 3.5 games. That hurts any QB, ask Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. That was a team loss, not just a Jackson loss. It's also recency bias.

Any QB who gets my team a double digit second half lead in 5 of 6 games is doing something right. Baltimore is 3-3 because of terrible defense and bad decisions by Harbaugh. Letting Wink Martinale go was also a terrible decision. I put Lamar in the top 10 of QBs in the league right now, and may put him top 5. Jackson is 40-15 in his career with 97 passing TDs against 37 INTs and a 63-64% completion rate. Let's also discount everything he does with his legs. Pundits have been doing that to Allen for years.

QBs are playing and winning in different ways now. How do you rank Jalen Hurts? He is 6-0. By your logic even better than Allen and Mahomes.

I showed DVOA and SRS to show Buffalo is the clear #1 team in the league so far. Eagles are top 3, but by most measures so is Baltimore.  It adds credit to the Bills wins on the road vs Baltimore and KC. The KC defense is not good, neither is the Baltimore defense. The offense is dragging both teams into the top 10 in DVOA and SRS. The Bills offense struggled at times against both.

I agree with you that winning the Lombardy in this window is the only thing that matters. At one point in the first half the Bills had 3 possessions in the red zone and walked away with 3 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. Eagles/Dallas/49ers defenses are much better than Baltimore and KC. That has to improve to get a Lombardy in Buffalo.

38 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

Hurts' 1514 passing yards are 8th in the NFL. Top 10.

Allen has attempted 239 passes vs Hurts 184. Allen has 54 more passes than Hurts. Sanders has 57 more rushes than Singletary. There is your difference. The Eagles employ a more balanced attack. If my OL is elite, and the Eagles OL is (so is their DL), then I employ a balanced attack. Running the ball is an assertion of power and control in the NFL. It keeps a defense on their toes so to speak. Sanders is a good back, but not top tier. The Eagle OL is top 3. It improves Sanders and Hurts.

4 QBs have attempted more passes than Allen this year (Brady, Murray, Ryan, Herbert). The fact Allen is tops in yards passing and tied for tops in TD passes shows Buffalo's passing efficiency. Mahomes has even fewer passes attempted than Allen and has the same TDs. This is why Mahomes is a stud too.

But Red zone efficiency matters, in the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

The Eagles who employ a balanced attack score TDs 64% (7th) of the time in the red zone

The Bills who reply on Josh Allen alone score TDs 54.5% (18th) of the time in the red zone

Balanced attacks matter.

The Bills have scored 21 touchdowns. Only 1 of them has not been an Allen pass or run. (Cook 1)

The Eagles have scored 20 touchdowns. Hurts manufactured 13 of them. Other players have scored 7. (Sanders 4, Gainwell 2, Scott 1)

Neither Defense or ST have scored yet

This is an issue, and is the reason why people like me want CMC here as a rental.

Someone has to take the stress off of JA to score TDs, and help improve Red Zone efficiency. It's also why JA is the MVP. He scores 95% of the TDs on the NFL's 2nd highest scoring team. Only Mahomes is close to that number.

CMC literally would cost the Bills $61k a game this year and whatever draft pick they give up.

Buffalo would have to trade/ restructure or cut CMC next season (11.5 million base salary).

GO ALL IN NOW.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Okay Shady says it all in his response as "Shady" We - reference to the others or you guys meaning the Bills followers so alls i can say is i hope we meet & can make Shady eat his words & seeing as Tre is coming back i wish Hyde was there i think head to head the Bills are better & will despite Hyde not being there will beat them ...

GO BILLS !!!! 

The Bills, Chiefs and Eagles are all eligible to be considered the best in the league. The thing that sets the Chiefs and Bills apart is the QB position. We haven’t seen Hurts come back in a game, win a playoff game or beat the Bills, Chiefs or even the Cowboys away with their starting QB.There will be opportunities to do these things but right now, Josh and Mahomes have to be called leaders of the two best teams.

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Define elite quarterback. Terms like 'elite' and 'GOAT' are being thrown around so much right now that they are losing any meaning. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are also 3-3. How do you rate them? Cooper Rush is 4-1 and Dan Jones is 5-1, are they elite now? Silly argument. Baltimore's offense is dragging their terrible defense to a 3-3 record. Guess who leads that offense?

There are 2 elite QBs in the league today. Allen and Mahomes. Jackson is tier 2 by any measure.

1-3 in the playoffs?

He lost to Buffalo who needed a Taron Johnson pick 6 to turn that game around. Thankfully Johnson has a knack for those types of plays. (See KC last week)

He lost to the Titans and Derek Henry who went off for 195 yards rushing. Was he playing defense?

He lost to a Chargers team where he out dueled Rivers. Rivers 0 TD - 0 INT, Jackson 2 TD - 1 INT

Clearly Jackson melted down versus the Giants last week. No argument there. Two turnovers in the last 5 minutes of the game stinks. But that was after the Baltimore defense melted down in the 4th quarter. His best WR, Bateman, has missed 3.5 games. That hurts any QB, ask Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. That was a team loss, not just a Jackson loss. It's also recency bias.

Any QB who gets my team a double digit second half lead in 5 of 6 games is doing something right. Baltimore is 3-3 because of terrible defense and bad decisions by Harbaugh. Letting Wink Martinale go was also a terrible decision. I put Lamar in the top 10 of QBs in the league right now, and may put him top 5. Jackson is 40-15 in his career with 97 passing TDs against 37 INTs and a 63-64% completion rate. Let's also discount everything he does with his legs. Pundits have been doing that to Allen for years.

QBs are playing and winning in different ways now. How do you rank Jalen Hurts? He is 6-0. By your logic even better than Allen and Mahomes.

I showed DVOA and SRS to show Buffalo is the clear #1 team in the league so far. Eagles are top 3, but by most measures so is Baltimore.  It adds credit to the Bills wins on the road vs Baltimore and KC. The KC defense is not good, neither is the Baltimore defense. The offense is dragging both teams into the top 10 in DVOA and SRS. The Bills offense struggled at times against both.

I agree with you that winning the Lombardy in this window is the only thing that matters. At one point in the first half the Bills had 3 possessions in the red zone and walked away with 3 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. Eagles/Dallas/49ers defenses are much better than Baltimore and KC. That has to improve to get a Lombardy in Buffalo.

Needed a Taron Johnson pick 6 to turn the game around? The game was 10-3 Buffalo at that point.  At worst it’s tied if he doesn’t throw that pick 

I already have a bet with a friend who's an Eagles fan.  If they match up in the SB, I'm taking Buffalo at -14.  I don't believe the Eagles hype.  I think they are a real good team.  They are also a product of one of the softest schedules I've ever seen.  The Vikings and Cowboys are the only two winning record teams they've played.  Granted, they blew out the Vikes and beat up the Cowboys, so I'll give them that.  I just don't think pulling out a nailbiter vs the Lions and Cardinals, coupled with needing a double digit comeback vs the Jags is impressive.  I wish they would have a tough game coming up, but really, what game is that?  Rematch with Cowboys with Dak?  Giants?  Titans?  We might not find out until the Divisional Playoffs, which is kind of weird to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.