Josh Allen is the best quarterback, no... player in the NFL

Scott7975

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Who was better Dan Marino or Joe Flacco ?

There's no comparison between those two QBs. If I'm reading this thread correctly, there's a rather intensive and poignant comparison between Allen and Mahomes requiring much context unlike your lazy example.

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Who was better Dan Marino or Joe Flacco ?

Agree that’s a team stat

also agree with thoughts upthread that there are some things each does a little better than the other. One that’s not mentioned for Josh is that he’s a better deep ball thrower. The improvement in that part of his game has been so important. Mahomes missed throws yesterday going over the defenses head. Hard to picture josh doing that this year. 

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

There's no comparison between those two QBs. If I'm reading this thread correctly, there's a rather intensive and poignant comparison between Allen and Mahomes requiring much context unlike your lazy example.

Actually your inane assertion was the lazy observation.  Mahomes had the benefit of a hall of fame offensive head coach. Josh Allen did not. Allen is better than Mahomes. 

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Every year is a new year.  Allen and the Bills are the only team to beat Mahomes in Arrowhead twice.  These type of stats doesnt really mean much.  This is why they still play the games.  Anything can happen.

Done.  Sort of.  Couldnt figure out how to do strikethrough in the title.

LOL, good enough!

Mohomes is a waterbug out there running around.  Josh is evasive, but not in that league.  On the other hand, Josh is stronger and perhaps faster in a straight line, and is more of a problem for the db's to bring down when he gets in the open.  (Josh a little like a tight end in comparison)

3 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I think Allen has been better since 2020 and Mahomes (while still obviously a top 3 QB) lives off the rep of the 50 TD season

The thing about that season is that Mahomes and the Chiefs offense were doing things that had NEVER been seen in the history of the NFL. The league wasn't ready for it yet. Slowly but surely defenses have figured out how to slow them down, and now every coach not named Kliff Kingsbury is following the same formula.

These “this guy played in a Super Bowl so he’s better” arguments vex me.   OJ Simpson was better than Jim Kiick.

I prefer “who would you rather have, for one game”’ and that relies on a body of work.   Allen and Mahomes  are a wash.  Mahomes arrived at a better place as a rookie.  He certainly made the most of it.   He made the place better.   I see Allen and Mahomes as a toss up.   Completely different players and human beings.  Mahomes arrived developmentally ahead of Allen, too.  Allen’s developmental arc is second to none as a QB.  At least “second to anyone I can think of.”. 

One game, tonight?   I take Allen.   Two pick ‘em studs.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

One of these days you guys will come around to facing the reality.  The reality that …..

This is where I’m at. Been saying this since 2020. He will statistically be considered the best player in nfl history when he is done. I don’t think it’s gonna be possible for someone to amass the amount of jewelry that Tawmy has. But overall Josh will be the considered the best to ever play the game. Assuming health and he doesn’t pull a Calvin Johnson or Patrick Willis and retire in his prime. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

This is where I’m at. Been saying this since 2020. He will statistically be considered the best player in nfl history when he is done. I don’t think it’s gonna be possible for someone to amass the amount of jewelry that Tawmy has. But overall Josh will be the considered the best to ever play the game. Assuming health and he doesn’t pull a Calvin Johnson or Patrick Willis and retire in his prime. 

Amen brother!  Eye test goat + does things that make you go hmmmmmm 

I'm not a big fan of Johnny come lately takes.  Josh has been better this year, but I still view these guys as about even.  But more than anything, it was nice to see Mahomes fail in the clutch for once against us.  Gives me confidence that we can actually beat him if/when he rolls into town during the playoffs.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.