How good is the AFCE?

GreggTX

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

I guess we are all Broncos fans next Sunday when they play the Jets. If the Jets beat Denver and NE and the Bills beat GB at home in two weeks then you will have 6-1 Buffalo vs 6-2 Jets at MetLife. Any Bills fans planning on going to that game get your tickets now. Prices have been going up for that game and will continue to do so.

I got my ticket & a bus trip from Albany for $139, including $10 trip insurance.  You can't even get a ticket for that price & that's before parking which is close to $80.  From Albany it also costs another $40-50 in gas.  Bargain of the year!  

• Like (+1) 1

The Jets and Dolphins both have great rosters, but not great QB's. I don't think Wilson or Tua will ever be elite, but Wilson has a higher chance of making it happen. Pretty easy to see either of those teams winning ~10 games.  

The Patriots are bad on offense, but have a great coach, and pretty good DEF. They feel more like an ~8 win team. Mac Jones has the lowest ceiling of any of the AFCE QBs. 

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

The Jets and Dolphins both have great rosters, but not great QB's. I don't think Wilson or Tua will ever be elite, but Wilson has a higher chance of making it happen. Pretty easy to see either of those teams winning ~10 games.  

The Patriots are bad on offense, but have a great coach, and pretty good DEF. They feel more like an ~8 win team. Mac Jones has the lowest ceiling of any of the AFCE QBs. 

From what I saw yesterday I wouldn't be so quick to go back to Jones.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

(13) New York Post on Twitter: "Mac Jones' relationship with Patriots goes 'sideways' as rookie Bailey Zappe thrives https://t.co/vUsvmsXtTR https://t.co/aXtz1pBR0U" / Twitter

If Belichick can get a 1st rounder for Jones before the trade deadline he should go for it.  Been there done that with Bledsoe.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

with the Jets if you can shut down their running game I don’t think they have the line or the QB to win you the game. Their defense could keep things close but you don’t stop the Bills offense, you merely hope to contain it. 

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Jets are a joke

Jimmy Spagnola will be here soon

I for one am excited at the return of the legend. His fresh takes of saying the Bills are bad and the Jets are good is what I live for. Even when the Bills win it's because the Jets let them off. Such blind admiration for a crappy team

You can argue that the AFCE is everything the AFCW was supposed to be. And between the AFCE and NFCE, one of them is going to be the best overall division this year when the dust settles.

I think at this point it's the Bills are probably locked in for the division but they are going to be challenged in their remaining games against all 3 teams.

Still think if Tua is healthy Miami is a WC team at worse. Jets looking much better than expected especially on defense. But it's our old friends in New England that we very well need to watch out for and they are about to go on a run similar to last year the way they are playing on both sides of the ball right now. This Zappe kid may not lose the starting job either for showing Bradyesque poise thus far.

All I know is a few of the drought teams went 5-0, 4-1 to start the season.... just to crush our spirits later in the season.  The fish win was more if a Bills loss than a fins win.  They all are improved, and records rarely matter in divisional games. This team is special and baring injuries, should run the East.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The drought teams had little to no talent whatsoever. They were pathetic.

The Jets and Dolphins have A LOT more talent than any of those drought teams had. 

The Jets and the Dolphins are relatively stacked with highly drafted/acquired players throughout their rosters. The main difference is the Dolphins feature some more established, well-paid players who have dramatically outplayed their respective draft positions. Either way, both teams are capable of making life difficult for any opponent. 

The drought-era Bills, on the other hand, perpetually fielded a lineup of PUZZLINGLY OVER-DRAFTED Day One players who underperformed or outright busted, one or two high profile, overpaid assets, and a motley depth chart of plucky but outclassed (often undersized) JAGs. They were mostly mediocre, and almost never dangerous.

• Agree 1

The AFC East is definitely worrisome, if not this year then then in the years to come.  I'm hoping Zappe is a flash in the pan and comes down to earth because he actually looks competent and good.  Maybe he supplants Mac Jones.  The Jets are building a nasty defense along with some talented offensive pieces...and starting to believe they can actually win.  Not sure if Zach Wilson will make it to the next tier or not?  If he does, they will be trouble.  Miami may have the best roster of the three teams... but maybe they already hit their ceiling early in the year? Can they get back to it?

In any event, the Bills are in the same in-division scenario that the Patriots were in for all those years with Brady.   Buffalo will be the Jets/Fins/Pats Super Bowl whenever we play them.  It's going to be a grind.  And I don't know if there is a "draught era" Bills-like team in that mix, like Brady used to whoop up on.   

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The AFC East is definitely worrisome, if not this year then then in the years to come.  I'm hoping Zappe is a flash in the pan and comes down to earth because he actually looks competent and good.  Maybe he supplants Mac Jones.  The Jets are building a nasty defense along with some talented offensive pieces...and starting to believe they can actually win.  Not sure if Zach Wilson will make it to the next tier or not?  If he does, they will be trouble.  Miami may have the best roster of the three teams... but maybe they already hit their ceiling early in the year? Can they get back to it?

In any event, the Bills are in the same in-division scenario that the Patriots were in for all those years with Brady.   Buffalo will be the Jets/Fins/Pats Super Bowl whenever we play them.  It's going to be a grind.  And I don't know if there is a "draught era" Bills-like team in that mix, like Brady used to whoop up on.   

NE had it much easier during their dynasty run. The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins all sucked. NE looked at the division as six little speed bumps they would drive over every year. The division now looks like we will have 4 good teams going forward. The rivalries between all 4 teams will be fun to watch. Thankfully we have #17 and that gives the Bills a big advantage.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.