Tre'Davious Practicing Today

BLeonard

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

i just don’t understand the logic here. The goal of this team is to win a super bowl THIS year, not to get more picks next year or create cap space. Tre makes us better this year. Thats all that matters. 

if you want to trade him next year so be it, but why are you feeling “bad”. You should be ecstatic. Come on man!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

i just don’t understand the logic here. The goal of this team is to win a super bowl THIS year, not to get more picks next year or create cap space. Tre makes us better this year. Thats all that matters. 

if you want to trade him next year so be it, but why are you feeling “bad”. You should be ecstatic. Come on man!

I agree this year should be all in. Hell last year they should have been all in too. And if Hyde had not gotten hurt there would be no discussion.  But with Hyde out it is a legitimate discussion to consider what is the best combination of 5 players for the secondary. It could be as simple as Tre at CB and Hamlin at FS end of story. But no one knows how Tre will play coming off the knee injury. No one expected a 6th round pick to beat out Elam. So yes, trading anyone makes no sense. Where you choose to line guys up on Sunday is reasonable to discus especially as we see how White performs in the coming weeks.

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

Tre is here to stay

Far too good to trade away

Not listening come what may

That's all I came to say.

PS - flame's away

Edited by HunTim
musings
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Think Rhodes gets cut?

But how often does McD ever want to run man?  It's not really who we are.

I don't see Rhodes either on the 53 man roster or the practice squad on the official web site.  Something's going on that we don't know about.

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills pass D actually has given up fewer yards without him than they were with him which is astounding.

The Bills D has given up fewer yards than with Tre last year because the D-line is substantially better. Add Tre to a defense with Von Miller, an improved Greg Rousseau and Daquan Jones there's no telling what heights they'll reach.

9 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

My bold and totally unsubstantiated prediction is that Taron Johnson will be a safety next season and White, Elam, and Benford will be the corners and slot corner, respectively. The starting safeties will be Hyde, if he recovers, and either Johnson or Hamlin.

I was surprised to see you write this Shaw. They won't take one of the best and most highly-paid nickel corners in the league and make him a backup safety.

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

But how often does McD ever want to run man?  It's not really who we are.

Last year before White was injured in week 12 the Bills were playing man coverage around 38% of the time which is the highest figure in the McDermott era. White was also used in man-zone combo more than ever last year... which allowed him to "travel" with opposing WRs.

9 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Benford is a very likely candidate to transition to safety during the later stages of this season (for practice) and this offseason as a potential Micah replacement after his contract is up after next season. 

I disagree with those who say Benford will transition to safety soon. While he's a good fit for safety, corners who can play corner rarely transition to safety until late in their careers after they've lost a step.

I view Benford as that unicorn large CB like Richard Sherman who can matchup against players like Mike Evans, Courtland Sutton, and Michael Thomas.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I agree this year should be all in. Hell last year they should have been all in too. And if Hyde had not gotten hurt there would be no discussion.  But with Hyde out it is a legitimate discussion to consider what is the best combination of 5 players for the secondary. It could be as simple as Tre at CB and Hamlin at FS end of story. But no one knows how Tre will play coming off the knee injury. No one expected a 6th round pick to beat out Elam. So yes, trading anyone makes no sense. Where you choose to line guys up on Sunday is reasonable to discus especially as we see how White performs in the coming weeks.

bending over backwards to defend a s*****y take. Virgil got you on the payroll or something? Good lord. I know we’re here for all sorts of ideas and speculation, but call a spade a spade jesus christ. He has bad takes ALL THE TIME.

Edited by JoPoy88

Tre White has been one of the smartest DBs in the league and I'm sure this time off only reinforced that. LOL at trading him, cmon man. This is the heart and soul right now with Hyde off the field. Very exciting news, let's get it right and get him back when he's ready.

7 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't see Rhodes either on the 53 man roster or the practice squad on the official web site.  Something's going on that we don't know about.

Go to Ourlads and depth chart - he is listed on the injury section because he is on PS-IR and is out.

The Bills should not waste an IR return on him - so my guess is when healthy - he gets cut rather than activated and he will not rejoin this team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.