Tre'Davious Practicing Today

BLeonard

21 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's not White.  It seems obvious to me that this Poyer's last season in Buffalo.  My bold and totally unsubstantiated prediction is that Taron Johnson will be a safety next season and White, Elam, and Benford will be the corners and slot corner, respectively.  The starting safeties will be Hyde, if he recovers, and either Johnson or Hamlin.   Ultimate flexibility - start five guys with cover skills and can tackle.  

Are you suggesting there is a possibility Taron is moved from starting slot corner to reserve safety? That isn’t going to happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

Tre is too much a part of the identity of the Bills to be traded. On a strict production vs value I might agree.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think Poyer gets extended.  

Comes down to what the final cap number is and what discount if any he is willing to accept, I do not see a market value contract for him. Milano could have made more and chose to stay, poyer will be in the same boat.

I'm not giving up Oliver for him and I'm not sure I would give up on Edmunds for him either, his position is much easier to replace in our scheme 

Fwiw, I am more apt to pay an "aging" player at safety than at cb, wr, rb, etc. 

It seems crazy to me that White has been rehabbing for almost a year and hasn’t practiced at all, and we’re talking about getting him into a game the week after next. Seems like he’d need more ramp up time than that. These guys are amazing. 

Our defensive backs have played well, but there have been games in the past where White was a game changer. There is a good chance had he been on the field against KC in that playoff game he may have made a difference. He also is a team leader. As long as he comes back to his old self I am keeping him for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

I don't see it Virgil. I understand the thinking, but you don't trade away a S playing at an All-Pro level during a Super Bowl run.

We know Hyde is out for the season, but I haven't seen much news on the extent of the injury. For a guy like Hyde to go on season ending IR during a run it makes me worried we are looking at another Aaron Williams situation.

THat would leave Hamlin and Johnson at best in a playoff/ Super Bowl run. Hamlin is a good player. I have seen some all 22 and he is all over the field. It is impressive. Johnson, not so much.

White/Jackson/Johnson/Poyer/Hamin is a fine secondary

White/Jackson/Johnson/Johnson/Hamlin is solid, but I'd rather have the above.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

I don't see it Virgil. I understand the thinking, but you don't trade away a S playing at an All-Pro level during a Super Bowl run.

We know Hyde is out for the season, but I haven't seen much news on the extent of the injury. For a guy like Hyde to go on season ending IR during a run it makes me worried we are looking at another Aaron Williams situation.

THat would leave Hamlin and Johnson at best in a playoff/ Super Bowl run. Hamlin is a good player. I have seen some all 22 and he is all over the field. It is impressive. Johnson, not so much.

White/Jackson/Johnson/Poyer/Hamin is a fine secondary

White/Jackson/Johnson/Johnson/Hamlin is solid, but I'd rather have the above.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Hyde makes it back by the playoffs. juss sayin’..🤷‍♂️

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Hyde makes it back by the playoffs. juss sayin’..🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Correct.  I think they just announced he’d out 6-9 months. 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/12/buffalo-bills-micah-hyde-surgery-neck-injury/

Season ending IR. Had neck surgery, 6-9 months per above report

• Disagree 1

Great news.  White coming back in a week or 2 will be a big bump.  Last year db was a weakness besides White.   With Jackson Elam and Bendord developing added to a heathy White they will be a problem.  

They can play any coverage or style.  I expect they will play Elam, Benford or Jackson based on game plan.  Elam and Benford press.  Jackson Benford off coverage. Obviously, they mix it up to keep the offense honest.  Playing different coverages week to week will foil they not elite qbs or offense.  

I have Elam as the best press man db on the roster, Benford better at press zone.  Jackson is better off the either.  Utilizing each guys strengths is way to keep them engaged and benefit the defense overall. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.