Tre'Davious Practicing Today

BLeonard

57 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Think Rhodes gets cut?

But how often does McD ever want to run man?  It's not really who we are.

According to PFF, and we need to take everything they report with a mountain of salt, thru the first four weeks of the season, we only played man an average of 8% of the time, with a low of 6% vs the Rams and a high of 30% against the Ravens. 

https://www.pff.com/news/week-4-man-and-zone-rates-week-5-coverage-predictions

• Eyeroll 1

59 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's not White.  It seems obvious to me that this Poyer's last season in Buffalo.  My bold and totally unsubstantiated prediction is that Taron Johnson will be a safety next season and White, Elam, and Benford will be the corners and slot corner, respectively.  The starting safeties will be Hyde, if he recovers, and either Johnson or Hamlin.   Ultimate flexibility - start five guys with cover skills and can tackle.  

Benford’s more likely to be converted to S than Taron. Like way more. 

• Agree 7

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

Do I get credit for last week predicting that we'd have a trade Tre White thread this week?   

And that nobody would do the obvious and immediately mention that $20M+ dead cap hit if they did it this offseason?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do I get credit for last week predicting that we'd have a trade Tre White thread this week?   

And that nobody would do the obvious and immediately mention that $20M+ dead cap hit if they did it this offseason?

I said depending on the cap hit! 😋

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Let's keep the proven all-pro CB. Benford and Elam have been good, but we need guys with proven experience, especially experience in the playoffs and in big games.

The best players need to play. We aren't in "Let's develop our young guys" mode, we are in "Let's win the superbowl" mode.

Also, the young guys need as much time with Tre White as possible, because just them watching him, spending time in meetings with him, or receiving instruction from him will help their development.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Stop smoking crazy stuff you do not trade a top 3 corner! Next you will say if we go for mccaffery that he won't help. Now I understand how the rooks are playing good but trade Tre just stop

I wouldn't trade him but he is not a top 3 corner either.

19 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Benford’s more likely to be converted to S than Taron. Like way more. 

I agree. Benford is probably the most likely to move to safety given his size. 

If Tre returns and doesn't move as well as he did in the past, I still think long term he can replace Hyde.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

facepalm-gif-8.gif

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Like 3 games ago we were pretty close to picking the most athletic Bills fan to play corner in the 4th quarter and you want to trade away one of the best CBs in the league?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Like 3 games ago we were pretty close to picking the most athletic Bills fan to play corner in the 4th quarter and you want to trade away one of the best CBs in the league?

What some don’t realize is that Tre on the field allows the Bills to play defense differently than when he’s not out there. It’s bigger than “hey this rookie has looked pretty good in the scheme they had to create to get him to look pretty good” I’m not saying Benford and Elam haven’t  held their own but it’s a whole different ball game with Tre

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.