Tre'Davious Practicing Today

BLeonard

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Tre White will return the week after the Bye, on a snap count I would imagine, against the Packers. If Tre comes back fully healthy, as All Pro Tre, then this defense goes from Top 5 in the NFL to one of the best we have ever seen. 

Yes.  And that would be without our best safety!

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know who’s better between Poyer and Hyde. 

Im anxious to see more of Poyer and Hamlin together. Hamlin brings a physical side. Much more physical than Poyer and Hyde. Poyer and Hyde both ballhawks.

That’s true imo. They’ve both gotten run over at times. This not shade toward them, they are elite at everything else. 

Seventeen years ago, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan traded running back Clinton Portis to Washington in exchange for cornerback Champ Bailey and a second-round draft pick. Portis for Bailey by itself would have been a win for Denver, but the extra draft pick makes it clear that Shanahan easily won the trade.  Washington needed a RB but geez louise that was a bad trade. 

Even more now than 17 years ago, RBs are less important than top CBs.  Bailey was one of the best CBs in the league, and he became a mainstay on an excellent Broncos defense.  Portis did OK for the Skins but his legs gave out like happens with most RBs.  That trade was a loser for the Skins to begin with, and the impact only got worse with time.

So the point is, why trade Tre White to some other lucky team for a short-term patch somewhere.  And where would that patch player play?  Would you really trade a locker room leader and All-Pro player for a guard?

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

you may feel differently about this come January when some CB I dinged up and we are playing elite offenses in huge games instead of September when we are playing inconsistent ones still trying to figure themselves out 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

you may feel differently about this come January when some CB I dinged up and we are playing elite offenses in huge games instead of September when we are playing inconsistent ones still trying to figure themselves out 

Again, in the off-season 

sad it won't be for this game, but by the playoffs having elam and tre ready to go means we can basically go press man, zone, or any kind of mix/disguise we want.  that's something we really haven't been able to do before.

the old nfl/rex ryan ideal would be to blitz underneath that, now it's to get pressure w 4, SOMETIMES 5, and to spread out and take stuff underneath away as well.

i always criticized our D for having some schematic issues (namely asking the LBs to do an impossible task too often), but it really is a futuristic D, but massively reliant on a fresh and game DL and pass rush.  now that we have it i think we can be special.

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

I’m not gonna flame you I am going to say you can never have too many corners and your secondary is only as good as your worst corner

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If Tre returns and doesn't move as well as he did in the past, I still think long term he can replace Hyde.

Tre is not a good tackler. He'd have to show an increased ability to tackle if he could ever transition to safety.

I just honestly think the coaches are looking at this as position flexibility - all the way around.

Benford has strong projections as a future safety with nice zone coverage skills, Elam is filling in nicely, White had great man and zone coverage ability, Dane has proven himself as an outside zone guy, Taron is a beast.  

All of them would give some different ability to mix and match or switch up with White and Elam on the outside in Man with Taron and Benford playing slot/Safety coverage on a guy like Kelce.  You suddenly have the ability to put out 5 coverage guys that can all tackle and cover and take away entire parts of the field and then bring Hamlin and Poyer in for some changed up looks.

I want the Bills playing with people’s minds with coverages.  Who is covering who and how are we going to disguise the coverage to get some easy plays - just like we do on offense.  

I want to see all of these guys working together and forming a unit that can shut down teams passing and the DL stopping the run game.

Tre White is literally where this whole thing started.  Yes you could argue that the Poyer/Hyde signings preceded 27 but he was the first pick with McDermott here and THE example of what McD and Beane want from a player.  Obviously Allen is the most important player but Tre is the cornerstone both from his play and from his culture building positivity.  Without him, a lot of what has happened after 2017 never would have happened.  Other than Allen he is the last player I would trade.

I would not be shocked to hear that he personally eschewed being voted captain for the last few years because EVERYTHING about the guy screams unique and leader.  You don’t part with that.  Ever.  In any business.  Ever.  Not for Davis.  Not for Oliver.  Not for anyone.  And I love Davis and Oliver.

Never.

Just in case I was equivocating a bit. N E V E R.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/12/buffalo-bills-micah-hyde-surgery-neck-injury/

Season ending IR. Had neck surgery, 6-9 months per above report

Fairly certain it’s NOT season ending IR. After Week 1, players go on IR all the time then return. Ref: Tre White.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.