Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

9 hours ago, Dopey said:

Your second paragraph is very telling. It’s hard being a mlb when we only play 2 lbs most of the time. Aside from that, you should really watch how he’s used. It’s definitely not the same as anywhere else. Not even close. If memory serves me right, I believe the bears just switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense this year. HTH can you even compare what they do on the field when they ran totally different schemes? We can run our 4-2-5 because of Edmunds. Try that with  smith and you’ll see right away he can’t do what Edmunds does. Not even close. He might be able to do what Milano does here, but Edmunds? Nah. 

While teams do run different schemes, Nickel is the base for every team in the league now and has been for awhile. The Bills are a bit unusual in that they play Nickel (4-2-5) almost exclusively. But that’s because of Tauron Johnson and his ability to play the run so well, not because of Edmunds. 

24 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yeah he has looked good for almost 5 games - we will see if it lasts.  

And even the McCaffrey has been hurt the last 2 years, in the small amount of games he played in. He still looked like 2019 McCaffrey. He is still that same player now and having that same type of impact in that offense. People just want so hard for a McCaffrey trade to not happen for some reason

1 minute ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Is CMC that much better than Devin Singletary? I don't believe so, the gap in talent is so negligible that the draft capital and future salary is not worth the risk. I just don't see the upgrade without even considering CMC's constant injury issues. 

You have to be kidding me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane could always trade for him and then trade him away in the off season. Not interested in that cap hit going forward. 

curious to see what the giants do with saquon.  Jones isn’t the guy and they need picks to get up to the top along with losing some games. Problem is they’re in the playoff hunt and look like they can stay in it with that schedule. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Beane could always trade for him and then trade him away in the off season. Not interested in that cap hit going forward. 

curious to see what the giants do with saquon.  Jones isn’t the guy and they need picks to get up to the top along with losing some games. Problem is they’re in the playoff hunt and look like they can stay in it with that schedule. 

The quickest way to lose your job is to trade away your star running back then start losing games. The giants fans truly believe this is a playoff team

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The quickest way to lose your job is to trade away your star running back then start losing games. The giants fans truly believe this is a playoff team

Oh they’re in the hunt but it’s like our run where it’s in and lose first game. Maybe they could trade the rights to saquon though. 

16 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Is CMC that much better than Devin Singletary? I don't believe so, the gap in talent is so negligible that the draft capital and future salary is not worth the risk. I just don't see the upgrade without even considering CMC's constant injury issues. 

CMC has more potential.  His injury history negates that.

I think if given the ball consistently, DS could be a very good back.  Showed flashes last weekend and then was pulled for Moss and then Cook.  If DS had the hole Cook did on his TD, he’d have scored also.  When given the ball again, he made a nice couple of runs.

I didn’t see any obviously mistakes for him being pulled, but it seems apparent this coaching staff is no settled on DS being RB1.

That being said, I have no interest in CMC because of his injury history and the disruption on the team.  No way we keep him past this year anyway with a cap hit like he has.  I’m sure he’d restructure, just don’t see him ever being cap friendly.

Edited by davefan66
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

That being said, I have no interest in CMC because of his injury history and the disruption on the team.

What disruption?

He is a quiet guy who leads by example. A quintessential “ Process “ guy.

Those who haven’t watched the Panthers for the last five years see the injury history and think he’s made of glass.

His overuse was a symptom of having no other playmakers. If you remember he made Kyle Allen look like a starting QB 😂

For a half year on the ( ridiculously) cheap this is a no brainer for the Bills. 
   For a rebuilding team they need to cut ties with him while eating the dead cap and acquiring draft capital which they desperately need.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think we take the deal based on the following scenarios:

1. CMC passes a physical. 

2. If he has a big drop in performance or injury he's cut after this year. 

3. For a 3rd rounder which escalates to a 2nd rounder based on performance conditions. 

CMC is a big time player folks. This is a Moss going to the Pats type addition if it pans out. 

As long as we have an out of he doesn't. Singletary isn't a sacred player, nor are draft picks when players is this good. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.