Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

35 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Lololol for a running back on an over-inflated contract. Okkkk

19 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It makes since, he’s a good RB who can still be elite, young, affordable contract. They won’t move him unless it largely benefits themselves.

They aren’t winning anything for at least a couple of years. Getting anything would benefit them. He will be on the decline by the time they are ready to compete. 

50 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Here's the actual video of Peter Schraeger:

He didn't say the Panthers are seeking multiple 1st round picks for McCaffrey. He said all of their players are available for trade for multiple picks or 1st round picks. They aren't putting the word out to every sports media outlet if they aren't serious about trading him. They're trying to create a bidding war. Ultimately they'll take the best offer whatever that is.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Lololol for a running back on an over-inflated contract. Okkkk

They aren’t winning anything for at least a couple of years. Getting anything would benefit them. He will be on the decline by the time they are ready to compete. 

He is worth a 1st round pick for an elite team.  That pick is somewhere in the 25-32 range.  I won't be shocked if the Rams land him.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

He is worth a 1st round pick for an elite team.  That pick is somewhere in the 25-32 range.  I won't be shocked if the Rams land him.  

I agree that he could be worth one first round pick. But if Carolina really wants two firsts, good luck. BTW, I don’t think the Rams have a first this year due to the Stafford trade. So they would have to trade their 2024 first. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The healthy and more durable Singletary has clearly improved in the passing game and is having a pretty good walk year.   He's catching the ball much better and has been more productive than McCaffrey this season in the passing game by almost a full yard per catch.   But that is still minutia in the big picture of the offense.    They are very similar yards per touch players in the last few seasons.

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The problem with your argument is that it presumes things that are not so.  McCaffrey is not at his peak.........that was 4 seasons ago.   Statistically, when healthy,  he's a modest upgrade from the more reliably available and motivated Singletary.

The problem with YOUR argument is that you're comparing two totally offenses. When teams face the Panthers they know if they stop McCaffrey they will have stopped the offense, so they key in on him. When teams face the Bills they are BEGGING us to throw the ball to Singletary. They don't care if he catches it and plows forward for maybe 5 yards. With the impossible prospect of stopping Allen and our weapons, defenses are looking for any blade of grass they don't have to cover, and right now the one occupied by the RBs is an easy area to concede. Add McCaffrey with his speed and elusiveness and route running ability and it becomes a whole different ball game. I don't care about out of context stats. Anyone watching the games knows that McCaffrey is a dynamic athlete with elite traits, and Singletary is just a guy.

And we don't need to revolve the offense around McCaffrey. Trading for him isn't about changing the offense to be run-first, it's about maximizing opportunities when they're there. Some of the holes that Singletary turns into 10-15 yard gains, McCaffrey could possibly turn into TDs. Some of the check downs where Singletary turns 1st and 10 into 2nd and 5, McCaffrey turns those into 10+ yard gains. I'll say it again - it's a no brainer to add a player of that caliber to this offense.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

Schrager definitely didn't say it had to be two firsts for McCaffrey.

He was clear that the Panthers aren't going to give up assets for less than premium picks.

I think because of the way the contract is, then the Panthers are probably justified, in wanting that sort of level of compensation.

I don't think they feel obliged to move anyone. They've actually got a decent roster, minus a QB and HC.

Get a good HC, and they could very easily become an awful lot better than they currently are, quickly.

They could also be in the running to get a highly rated QB in the next draft - even without acquiring additional picks.

I don't see their long term future, being dependent on grabbing medium picks for good players.

42 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You wouldn't know...........you aren't good enough at math to afford it. :lol:   

You said Devin Singletary is an upgrade over Christian McCaffrey. You have lost all credibility. Singletary clearly is not. Let's get McCaffrey in a Bills jersey and let him do his thing and then I'll come check on you while you're in a deep  depression about how wrong you are

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yeah he has looked good for almost 5 games - we will see if it lasts.  

Behind only Chubb in rushing who has one of the best offensive lines in the NFL

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

But Solly, that’s really the anomaly, not the norm.  I’m so happy for Barkley and he is thriving in the Daboll/Schoen led Giants.

I’m quietly rooting for the Giants in the East as how can you not root for Schoen to be a winner.

Don't forget Dabs!! He's home grown too

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the actual video of Peter Schraeger:

He didn't say the Panthers are seeking multiple 1st round picks for McCaffrey. He said all of their players are available for trade for multiple picks or 1st round picks. They aren't putting the word out to every sports media outlet if they aren't serious about trading him. They're trying to create a bidding war. Ultimately they'll take the best offer whatever that is.

Is DJ Moore included?

So Carolina knows it's just the Bills and Chiefs interested - so picks 29-31.  They want a higher pick or more of them.

Probably want our 1st, and a 1st in 2024.

They would have to give us their 2024 2nd RD for me to even consider that.   

To Carolina:

2023 and 2024 1st RD picks

To Bills: 

CMC

2024 2nd RD pick (pick 33-38?)

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.