Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

So Carolina knows it's just the Bills and Chiefs interested - so picks 29-31.  They want a higher pick or more of them.

Probably want our 1st, and a 1st in 2024.

They would have to give us their 2024 2nd RD for me to even consider that.   

To Carolina:

2023 and 2024 1st RD picks

To Bills: 

CMC

2024 2nd RD pick (pick 33-38?)

Absolutely no way.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Isn’t the Rams next first rounder in 2073?

Rams have their first rounders in 2024 and 2025.  They don't like making first round selections. They have traded away their last 7 first round picks.  It is very smart if you think you will be drafting late.  The formula obviously has worked for them.   Rams could easily get McCaffrey for their 2023 2nd and their 2024 first.   They might even get him for just their 2024 1st rounder.  

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

In 4 out of 5 games he had over 100 all purpose yards. In fact he's averaging 102.4 all purpose yards per game this year. That's despite playing for possibly the worst offense in football.

Did you know Singletary is close to that in 2 out of 5 games despite being not utilized as a premeir back and having weapons all over the field that Josh can hit?  McCaffrey is averaging 4.5 per run and 7.2 per catch.  Singletary is averaging 4.3 per run and 8.1 per catch.

Give it up.  Panthers want multiple firsts for an expensive oft injured RB.  Its not going to happen nor should it.  A RB is not what gets this team over the top.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Did you know Singletary is close to that in 2 out of 5 games despite being not utilized as a premeir back and having weapons all over the field that Josh can hit?

That's the impressive part of what McCaffrey is doing. He IS the premier back and he's the only weapon defenses really have to worry about (DJ Moore is handicapped by awful QB play). Singletary is ignored by defenses. If the same opportunities were given to McCaffrey obviously he would produce a lot more than Singletary has. If you disagree with that last statement I don't know what else to say.

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Panthers want multiple firsts for an expensive oft injured RB.

They don't. That tweet is based on a misquote. Watch the video:

One of the insiders I posted earlier in the thread said that the Panthers were asking for a 2nd plus Singletary. That is a more realistic expectation.

• Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's the impressive part of what McCaffrey is doing. He IS the premier back and he's the only weapon defenses really have to worry about (DJ Moore is handicapped by awful QB play). Singletary is ignored by defenses. If the same opportunities were given to McCaffrey obviously he would produce a lot more than Singletary has. If you disagree with that last statement I don't know what else to say.

One of the insiders I posted earlier in the thread said that the Panthers were asking for a 2nd plus Singletary. That is a more realistic expectation.

Why would a rebuilding team have any interest in an average at best RB who is in a contract year? Would think they would much rather get an additional draft pick, even a 5th rd pick or something. 

Edited by Process
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Behind only Chubb in rushing who has one of the best offensive lines in the NFL

Don't forget Dabs!! He's home grown too

Dude, he went to my alma mater.  I’m a Frannies boy.  A couple of years older than him, but had one cousin as all my male cousins went to St. Francis, in his homeroom, and another with Chris Polian.  Al Bemiller, the 60’s Center for the Bills was my wrestling Coach for two years until we switched to Smith who was better.  He was a sadist, but a great coach.  Dabs will always have a sift place in my heart, so yeah, I want them to destroy their opponents every week, and turn that franchise around.

Thats a testament to McBeane cultivating those two.  We should all consider having a soft space for them unless we play them next year, then it’s game on.  It’s the same as I root for the Bucs, unless they play us.  Then it’s rape and pillage all in our way.  Figuratively of course.

58 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So Carolina knows it's just the Bills and Chiefs interested - so picks 29-31.  They want a higher pick or more of them.

Probably want our 1st, and a 1st in 2024.

They would have to give us their 2024 2nd RD for me to even consider that.   

To Carolina:

2023 and 2024 1st RD picks

To Bills: 

CMC

2024 2nd RD pick (pick 33-38?)

you must be drunk already… you aren’t going to make kick off…

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We have the worst run blocking o line in the league.  He isnt going to get any more rushing than Singletary is already getting.  As far as passing, he would still be used as the outlet dump down receiver. For anything else, we already have good receivers that would do better.

You think he is going to do much better than Singletary already is?  With what evidence?  Thats what happens with dump off recievers... they are ignored and then the defense swarms to the ball once caught.  As for things like screens, that is much more reliant on the oline than it is the rb.  Our oline is bad at that too.  You think McCaffery is just going to break all kinds of tackles that our RB isnt?  He wont.  Im not saying McCaffrey isnt a better back than Singletary because obviously he is.  Im saying he isnt soooo much better that he would make a huge difference.

You want a huge difference?  Get a couple guards that can run block.  Get some guys that can get a push on 3rd and 1.  This is where the problem lies.  Even Moss gets yards when there is a hole.  High dollar backs are a waste of money when you have an Elite QB.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He isnt going to get any more rushing than Singletary is already getting.

This is where you lose me. I think this is honestly an insane thing to say. You're basically saying McCaffrey isn't a better RB than Singletary.

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd consider:

1st round + Zach Moss

FOR

CMC + Carolina 2nd round + 2024 Carolina 4th round 

The swap of pick 31 for pick 33 is more than cancelled out by Carolina's 4th rounder. So this trade is badically Moss for McCaffrey. I would support that! Not sure Carolina would.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is where you lose me. I think this is honestly an insane thing to say. You're basically saying McCaffrey isn't a better RB than Singletary.

The swap of pick 31 for pick 33 is more than cancelled out by Carolina's 4th rounder. So this trade is badically Moss for McCaffrey. I would support that! Not sure Carolina would.

Exactly and that's why it looks good for PR, it can be rewarding if both teams bet on themselves. But two first round picks for Carolina is one hell of a package opportunity. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.