Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

24 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I’d rather not give up the first obviously but that’s what I think it would take. 

I can’t believe bills fans still don’t want to add depth everywhere after all these injuries and the dolphins game. People really love future draft picks around here. 

That's because if you consistently hit on those draft picks, you continue to be a contender for years. That's why.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, njbuff said:

That's because if you consistently hit on those draft picks, you continue to be a contender for years. That's why.

Great, then flip them for draft picks after the season. Sure it won’t be a late first, but those players will have a lower cap hit. Think of it like trading down and getting help this year. 

Maybe you can get it done for much less compensation, I’m just saying I would be willing to part with the first since there is no future guaranteed money and they can be flipped to recover draft capital. 

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Great, then flip them for draft picks after the season. Sure it won’t be a late first, but those players will have a lower cap hit. Think of it like trading down and getting help this year. 

Maybe you can get it done for much less compensation, I’m just saying I would be willing to part with the first since there is no future guaranteed money and they can be flipped to recover draft capital. 

Beane isn't trading a high draft choice for CMC (1st, 2nd or 3rd).

I am willing to bet that if this trade ever went (which I would be shocked if it did)........

it will be Singletary and a 4th or 5th for CMC.

Carolina won't go for it, which means this trade will never happen.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I am willing to bet that if this trade ever went (which I would be shocked if it did)........

You’re probably right. I just think it’s worth it for a 2nd. We just drafted a guy we hope can be some form of CMC for us in the late 2nd so the real thing for at least one SB run is worth that to me. Then you add in the ability to trade him again in the offseason. 

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

You’re probably right. I just think it’s worth it for a 2nd. We just drafted a guy we hope can be some form of CMC for us in the late 2nd so the real thing for at least one SB run is worth that to me. Then you add in the ability to trade him again in the offseason. 

The Bills already have way more than enough to plow their way to a ring this year, but hey, they may make a deal.

What do I know? I am just trying to tell everyone the truth here. 😁

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

If you believe you can win the SB and elite additions help you do it....you part with the picks.  No one will care about them in April if you have a ring 

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree. The reality is this cannot be ignored 

it also highlights how much Josh Allen covers for Bad OL play. 

9800E156-3F43-403A-9414-2C247DAFFE0F.jpeg

Lol wow!!!  That’s disturbing.  I was hoping the addition of Kromer would make up the the difference in the run game, rather than adding talent.  I was wrong. Pathetic

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

yikes, kc at first.  

First of all, the pass block win rate is the same. And I would argue that both of those numbers are skewed lower because both Mahones and Allen tend to run around behind the line of scrimmage giving their linemen time to “lose.” 

That is also a bad data viz, because the pass block scale runs from 40% to 80% but the run block scale only runs from 66% to 76%. If you had a similar scale for the run blocking, you’d have a whole bunch of teams bunched up to the right.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol wow!!!  That’s disturbing.  I was hoping the addition of Kromer would make up the the difference in the run game, rather than adding talent.  I was wrong. Pathetic

It is a small sample size but I would say that the teams we’ve played all have strong d lines and play tough defense. Rams, titans, Miami was the heat and Steelers. Our backs do have nice ypc 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

it also highlights how much Josh Allen covers for Bad OL play. 

That chart shows that our pass blocking is slightly better than KC's, but their run blocking is substantially better. I wouldn't say that shows Allen has to cover for bad OL play more than Mahomes, it shows that he can't lean on the run game as much. Although I watched the Chiefs run game against the Raiders and it looked just as pointless as ours does most of the time.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That chart shows that our pass blocking is slightly better than KC's, but their run blocking is substantially better. I wouldn't say that shows Allen has to cover for bad OL play more than Mahomes, it shows that he can't lean on the run game as much. Although I watched the Chiefs run game against the Raiders and it looked just as pointless as ours does most of the time.

Look at the scales. All that chart shows is that the variation between the best and worst run blocking lines is much narrower than that between the best and worst pass blocking lines. The Chiefs have a 11% higher win rate in run blocking than the Bills, while the Browns have a 36% higher win rate than the Cowboys in pass blocking.  

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

IMO the Bills OL talent is much more suited for running the ball than pass blocking.    The data really causes confusion.   The problem with the run game is the scheme.  From running out of shotgun to once again trying to be a zone blocking team and now more RPO's........none of these things gets the OL downhill and in position to be their best at blocking for success in the run game.   But that's what suits Allen best right now.   He wants to be in shotgun with lots of time to look at the defense.   The zone blocking makes for quick and easy line calls.  This is the nature of the Bills offense right now.   Maybe later in the season they make changes........as they did last season.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We don't have singleterry locked up after this year - but there is no way i am trading him and a 2nd.

i'd consider mcaffery for a 6th w/singleterry.

singleterry is the process. cmc is glass.

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This guy is a Panthers podcaster that apparently reported early in the season that there was tension between Panthers players and their DC Phil Snow, and that report turned out to be correct. Take it with a grain of salt.

robbie anderson is a solid player but i like DJ moore more.

also like that tackle down here who's name escapes me.

• Like (+1) 2

CMC is a 5th Round for me...nothing else. If it's Moore and CMC then Moss and a 4th is fine...but, we have WRs for the long-term. We need a rental WR for depth, a rental Safety for depth due to Hyde, and then an upgrade at RB - not a long term solution at RB because I think Cook is the man for the future. IMHO, we don't spend capital on a RB who is on the down slope of his career at a position that is quite replaceable and shouldn't require significant cost. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

We don't have singleterry locked up after this year - but there is no way i am trading him and a 2nd.

i'd consider mcaffery for a 6th w/singleterry.

singleterry is the process. cmc is glass.

robbie anderson is a solid player but i like DJ moore more.

also like that tackle down here who's name escapes me.

Singletary and a 6th for CMC? Do you have any idea how entirely unrealistic and insane this is?

Maybe the Panthers will offer us Baker Mayield and a 3rd rounder for Josh Allen 🤣

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Singletary and a 6th for CMC? Do you have any idea how entirely unrealistic and insane this is?

Maybe the Panthers will offer us Baker Mayield and a 3rd rounder for Josh Allen 🤣

i know it's unrealistic. but that is the value i place on our need for cmc. not the value of cmc but our need of.

we do not need him. and he would be lucky to get to buffalo.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.