Tom Brady Roughed Up Says Jerome Bogar

JESSEFEFFER

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Boger is horrible.  I cringe any time I see him on the field.  You just know he's going to make some awful calls.

Booger and Hussey are awful head refs and their crews reflect that. The NFL has quietly instructed their refs to protect high profile qbs for years. There's no advertising revenue if Brady or Rodgers are out of the game. This has been going on for years and will continue long after we're all dead.  Josh gets some calls (like the late one in the Ravens game), but because of his size and strength other calls like kicks to the head are ignored. Hopefully some day JA gets the flag love that Brady has bathed in his whole career.

• Like (+1) 1

Brady is great, but to beat him you have to beat him twice.

That's why I can't stand him.

Making a big 3rd down stop against an all time great in crunch time is hard enough. Then you get hit with DPI, defensive holding, or roughing the passer, assuming you can get away from his OL who are blatantly holding.

Now you have to stop him all over again.

That's Brady's entire career. Even Brady can't defend this one, saying he doesn't throw the flags 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

I miss the days when I didn't know the names of any of the NFL officials. 

Now you get a John Hussey or a Jerome Boger crew for the game and it's an immediate eye roll cuz you just know they're gonna mess something up big time. 

totally agree.  Refs should not be part of a game.  A good ref should be basically invisible.  Making calls, and while some will be bad from time to time, overall hitting on the clearly obvious ones like this one.  

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady is great, but to beat him you have to beat him twice.

That's why I can't stand him.

Making a big 3rd down stop against an all time great in crunch time is hard enough. Then you get hit with DPI, defensive holding, or roughing the passer, assuming you can get away from his OL who are blatantly holding.

Now you have to stop him all over again.

That's Brady's entire career. Even Brady can't defend this one, saying he doesn't throw the flags 

That's why he will never be the GOAT.  He career has been aided numerous times by officials.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Tom Brady Gets Call--Say It Isn't So

Noteworthy to me is how important it was in the outcome, Jerome Bogar made the call and the technique used is perfect.  In order to avoid the landing on the QB with full body weight, defenders are taught to "gator roll."  Wrap the QB and roll so as to land to the side of the QB and not on top of him.  This rolling maneuver does result in a spiraling to the ground effect as a natural result of the rotation.  I guess Bogar wants the defender to rotate just enough so that the QB, or maybe just Brady, will land on top of the defender and thereby have a softer landing.

image.thumb.png.15feb5b2fc71b52149422f37f22881b2.png

At least he “wasn’t giving him the business”😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

There’s protecting the QB’s and then there’s not allowing them to be tackled. The latter is what happened yesterday and it was disgusting. 

Truth, but now that Allen is turning into the darling of the NFL it is going to be interesting being on the other side of that equation as the NFL seeks to protect its new star QBs.

Of course a defiant Allen will run headlong into a phalanx of linebackers and safeties careless of the Brady bubble being applied to him.

7 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Boger is horrible.  I cringe any time I see him on the field.  You just know he's going to make some awful calls.

Bogar reminds me of the little old lady on the stand in My Cousin Vinnie that couldn't see

It was a terrible call at a terrible time. Don't blame the referee though, blame the NY office for not stepping in during the Bills game and keeping Tua off the field. You get another major head injury, especially to a guy like a Brady, Mahomes, or Allen, and the NFL quarterbacks are going to be wearing guarding caps next year.  The NFL is in a really difficult spot right now.  They created this mess. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

totally agree.  Refs should not be part of a game.  A good ref should be basically invisible.  Making calls, and while some will be bad from time to time, overall hitting on the clearly obvious ones like this one.  

That's why he will never be the GOAT.  He career has been aided numerous times by officials.  

You don't get things do you. Brady is without question the greatest QB of all time.  No one is a close second. 

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm glad his wife is divorcing him, hope he cries.

This post would indicate you are not good at being a human. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.