The QBS after the Packers come to town aren’t good

78thealltimegreat

With Tua likely week to week and literally no one knowing his medical condition. 
The Bills only play one QB ranked in the top 15 in quarterback ratings and that’s Jared Goff on Thanksgiving for the rest of the season and they just lost to Bailey Zappe 29-0. 
You never want to look to far ahead but man this defense is going to pile up some numbers. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

AFTER the Packers?  

In all seriousness....

Cousins Cook and Jefferson 

Wilson - let's ride

Chubb 

Tua maybe probably and Hill/Waddle 

Wilson and future Hall of Famer Breece Hall

Zappeeeee and BB

All unique challenges 

The LAST QB on that list that worries me is Zac "boy band" Wilson. Despite their win, he's still gonna get smacked by good defensive teams

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

AFTER the Packers?  

In all seriousness....

Wilson - let's ride

Chubb 

Zappeeeee and BB

All unique challenges 

you had me until you threw Zappe in there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Let’s not forget we are 4-1 ( should be 5-0, thanks NFL screwjob) while going through a serious slew of injuries while playing the toughest part of our schedule.

If karma/kismet/ the football gods deign to let us get healthy going into the playoffs this will be remembered as the most magical of seasons.

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

AFTER the Packers?  

In all seriousness....

Wilson - let's ride

Chubb 

Zappeeeee and BB

All unique challenges 

Nick Chubb? We don’t play Denver and he isn’t a QB 

42 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Let’s not forget we are 4-1 ( should be 5-0, thanks NFL screwjob) while going through a serious slew of injuries while playing the toughest part of our schedule.

If karma/kismet/ the football gods deign to let us get healthy going into the playoffs this will be remembered as the most magical of seasons.

4-1 seems right.  We could go back n forth on the Ravens game with plays that worked in our favor.  Looking at the schedule, I'll take 4-1 all day long.

That said, as the roster overall health continues to get better and we don't suffer any major / significant go forward injury, frankly this roster has a chance to be one of the best ever.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Nick Chubb? We don’t play Denver and he isn’t a QB 

I was replying to the comment about the teams we play not as much just the QB

And yea my bad not sure why I thought we played Denver

Edited by Big Blitz

I was at the Jets - Dolphins game yesterday and the Jets won't be an easy win. They are getting better. To be fair Bridgewater got hurt so the fish were playing with their the #3 QB. The Bills should win both but they will have hands full in getting the win.

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

With Tua likely week to week and literally no one knowing his medical condition. 
The Bills only play one QB ranked in the top 15 in quarterback ratings and that’s Jared Goff on Thanksgiving for the rest of the season and they just lost to Bailey Zappe 29-0. 
You never want to look to far ahead but man this defense is going to pile up some numbers. 

What about Joe Burrow? 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What about Joe Burrow? 

I’m more worried about the Bengal’s defense than their offense tbh. Burrow’s still looking for Chase too much and what I’ve seen from the Bengals offense, play calls etc is pretty pedestrian.

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

AFTER the Packers?  

In all seriousness....

Wilson - let's ride

Chubb 

Zappeeeee and BB

All unique challenges 

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I was at the Jets - Dolphins game yesterday and the Jets won't be an easy win. They are getting better. To be fair Bridgewater got hurt so the fish were playing with their the #3 QB. The Bills should win both but they will have hands full in getting the win.

Yeah. We said that about the Rams, Titans, and Steelers too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, uninja said:

I’m more worried about the Bengal’s defense than their offense tbh. Burrow’s still looking for Chase too much and what I’ve seen from the Bengals offense, play calls etc is pretty pedestrian.

I looks like Taylor didn’t change up the offense enough in the off season so it’s become predictable. 

Worst case scenario is that we're 4-3 after the Green Bay game.  That would be very disappointing because the Chiefs game is about 50-50 and we're considerably better than the Packers, but still lets say we drop both those games.  The rest of our schedule has a very 12-4 look to it.  

As soon as I saw the schedule, my feeling was that the opening 7 game stretch was the toughest, followed by what -- for this roster -- should be a very winnable 10 game stretch.

I figured if they could come out of the first seven games 4-3 or better, and be relatively healthy after the bye, they'd be right on schedule to go 13-4 or so and compete for the one seed.

They seem to be right on schedule. Even IF they lose the next two games, which I don't expect (I think we'll beat either the Chiefs or the Packers or both), they'd be 4-3, which would be almost a miracle considering the insane amount of injuries they've endured.

Don't be surprised if the Bills go on an 8 or 9 game winning streak. After the Chiefs game, the hard part of the schedule is over. Regarding the rest of the schedule? As a wise sage once said: "Cake walk, *****".

8 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I know it was last year but Bills lost to some poor QBs.  Big Ben, Lawrence, Jones, and Wentz.   Nothing is for sure. 

Not an invalid point, but last year the Bills seemed to have a problem with playing down to bad teams and/or stopping the strong rushing attacks.

• The Bills lose to Roethlisberger, The Bills lost to TJ Watt and a blocked punt.
  • The Bills lose to Lawrence, The Bills beast themselves in that game
  • The Bills lose to Mac Jones (2/3 for 19), The Bills lost to the wind. And the Pats has 222 yards rushing.
  • The Bills lose to Wentz (11/20 for 106), The Bills lost to Taylor (32 carries for 185 and 4 TDs)

The seemed to have solved those issues with a combination of improvements along the DL and a renewed focus week in and week out. I don't want to predict a final record because it feels like a jinx, but I see a lot of wins in the next 4 months.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.