Cole Beasley retiring

YoloinOhio

Beasley retired two weeks after joining Tom Brady

“He is ready to be with his family after playing in 11 seasons and it’s time to be a full-time dad and husband,” Turner said. (It’s hard not to wonder whether that message will register with the team’s starting quarterback.)”

A832288E-C003-4077-9B5B-07B1039AE6BB.jpeg

Edited by Since1981

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He alluded to a few things but I wouldnt classify it as a bunch of crap.  It was mostly around the COVID Protocols and the front office not having his back more.

Good player for us, and will never forget the guy playing on a broken leg.  Despite the COVID stuff, it was obvious his skills were starting to diminish.   Glad he gets to spend time with his wife and kids.  Never a bad thing to be a 33 year old retired multimillionaire.

Beas will always be beloved in Buffalo.  What he meant to the team and helping Josh turn into the cyborg superstar he is today.  That doesn't happen without veterans like Smoke, Manny & Rock a Bye Beasley.  I know the whole covid situation got a little salty, but as a vaccinated person, he had every right to his own decision. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, todd said:

Good for him. I couldn’t disagree more with him regarding his COVID stuff and his distractions around that, but he was a great Buffalo Bill and was instrumental in the turnaround. He played injured and was clutch in so many moments when it was needed. Well deserved retirement.

Exactly... On all fronts.

That’s a shame, 

GO BILLS!!!

I disagreed with his stance on getting vaccinated, but that aside, he was a terrific Bill.  I was stunned when he first signed as a free agent, not believing he'd chose the Bills over Dallas, but he was a great contributor all the while he was in Buffalo.  At the end of 2020, he was playing with a cracked bone in his leg and gutted it out.  

Enjoy retirement.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

I wonder if the Bucs were going to release him and gave him the option of retirement to save face.

Have a feeling that's exactly what happened. Watching him play for the Bucs confirmed to me what I already suspected watching him last season and seeing no one want to give him a spot on their 53 this offseason - he was done.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cole had a chance to play with New England and Mr Brady and turned them down to play with Josh Allen. He’s always part of the Bills and I’ll tell you I have yet to see a receiver step forward to replace him. Over 80 catches and basically Josh’s safety valve haven’t been so easy to replace. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2