It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Some people are freaked out by the ketchup and mustard, this is one tailgate tradition that I hope never gets started...

Imagine how Marcus Spears and Mina would react

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

He doesn't sound like every other coach in the NFL, I'll give you that...but "really genuine"?  He can't possibly believe the crap he spews about Tua, can he?

I don’t think he’s the kind of person that says things just to say them.

He isn’t afraid to give his opinion and that’s what I appreciate. He could’ve easily given a generic coach response but instead he wasn’t afraid to put himself out there. 

It’s early but so far he has Tua looking like a competent QB. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Oh he's "different" all right.  I agree he's genuine because his social skills don't appear to be developed enough that he could figure out how to be disingenuous.

McDaniel admitted in the one press conference that he can't get away with "Not showering til Wednesday after a Sunday game anymore because I'd be so busy" due to having to face the media so much"...I bet the team likes that quirkiness about him tho...probably is kinda refreshing to see someone like that.

Wonder if he blasts this in the locker room after every win?

I hate to say this(being a software engineer myself - fullstack tho!), but he reminds me of a lot of backend software engineers I used to work with in terms of social abilities.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, mjpbills said:

Is there any injury updates out there?

Just the one from bangedupbills speculating his best guesses and breakdowns in the injury thread.

Short is he expects Jackson, Phillips and possible Settle are the only ones that are likely to be out, thinks the rest have a good chance of playing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Just the one from bangedupbills speculating his best guesses and breakdowns in the injury thread.

Short is he expects Jackson, Phillips and possible Settle are the only ones that are likely to be out, thinks the rest have a good chance of playing.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

McDaniel admitted in the one press conference that he can't get away with "Not showering til Wednesday after a Sunday game anymore due to having to face the media so much"...I bet the team likes that quirkiness about him tho...probably is kinda refreshing to see someone like that.

Not sure I'd put "not showering til Wednesday" and "refreshing" in the same sentence 😛

Have to admit at first I was a little put off by his "quirkiness" and the media adoration of him - but I've also found it hard to hate the guy.  I do think the real test is going to be when they start losing - we'll see how the nerd act goes over both with fans/media and more importantly in the locker room then

52 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

But give the guy some credit.  He's not  completing 71% of his passes because he's inaccurate, holding onto the ball, and making bad decisions, either.

Giving the guy credit is an anathema to many on this board and theirs apparently.  I went and compared the passing charts of Josh and Tua in weeks 1 and 2.  They look pretty darn similar.  Josh was completing the bulk of his passes in the 5-15 yards range.  Tua as well. And then I looked at Mahomes.  Same thing.   If Tua wasn't being discussed it would be said that Josh is playing with patience and taking what the defense is giving him, ala Brady.  But somehow on this board Tua playing very much the same type of game is mocked for throwing under the coverage.   Looking at the passes Tua threw in the 4th Qtr against Baltimore showed he can throw downfield with touch and distance.  The one TD was a 50+ air yard bomb on target.  It matters not that there were blown coverages in Baltimore.  Tua saw it, his receivers made it so and he put the ball on target 4 times.  If Josh did that we would be celebrating.  Tua clearly has the arm strength to throw it 50 yards.  In this NFL, that's all you need.  Is his arm as strong as others? Probably not.  It's arm and decision making and location that matter.  No one judges how pretty a TD pass is.  It's a TD pass.  Overthrown, underthrown, tipped, great one-handed catch, miraculous toe tap.  Matters not.  A TD is a TD.

The great thing about this week is with all the huffing and puffing from both fan bases aside, they get to play H2H.  We will know if the passing stats below will hold up.

Interesting Passing Stats:  Pretty darn even

TDs: Josh-7, Tua-7

Ints: Josh-2, Tua-2

Yards: Josh-614, Tua-739

Rating: Josh-123.7, Tua-116.5 

Comp%: Josh-75.4%, Tua-71.1%

Edited by wjag

14 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Some people are freaked out by the ketchup and mustard, this is one tailgate tradition that I hope never gets started...

Lol, it's a chance it already has bro...You know how rowdy it gets, don't take much celebrating a win feeling high/drinky etc and out the blue someone yells out.."who wants to piss in my face"!!

Then another person feeling same kinda good responds, " oh hell yeah!!, I'll piss in your face bro"

Lol, probably has been worse things than that

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

Giving the guy credit is an anathema to many on this board and theirs apparently.  I went and compared the passing charts of Josh and Tua in weeks 1 and 2.  They look pretty darn similar.  Josh was completing the bulk of his passes in the 5-15 yards range.  Tua as well. And then I looked at Mahomes.  Same thing.   If Tua wasn't being discussed it would be said that Josh is playing with patience and taking what the defense is giving him, ala Brady.  But somehow on this board Tua playing very much the same type of game is mocked for throwing under the coverage.   Looking at the passes Tua threw in the 4th Qtr against Baltimore showed he can throw downfield with touch and distance.  The one TD was a 50+ air yard bomb on target.  It matters not that there were blown coverages in Baltimore.  Tua saw it, his receivers made it so and he put the ball on target 4 times.  If Josh did that we would be celebrating.  Tua clearly has the arm strength to throw it 50 yards.  In this NFL, that's all you need.  Is his arm as strong as others? Probably not.  It's arm and decision making and location that matter.  No one judges how pretty a TD pass is.  It's a TD pass.  Overthrown, underthrown, tipped, great one-handed catch, miraculous toe tap.  Matters not.  A TD is a TD.

The great thing about this week is with all the huffing and puffing from both fan bases aside, they get to play H2H.  We will know if the passing stats below will hold up.

If you polled all 32 GM's in the NFL how many of them are taking Tua over Allen?

The answer without even having to do it is 0, and that includes his own GM.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

Giving the guy credit is an anathema to many on this board and theirs apparently.  I went and compared the passing charts of Josh and Tua in weeks 1 and 2.  They look pretty darn similar.  Josh was completing the bulk of his passes in the 5-15 yards range.  Tua as well. And then I looked at Mahomes.  Same thing.   If Tua wasn't being discussed it would be said that Josh is playing patient and taking what the defense is giving him, ala Brady.  But somehow on this board Tua playing very much the same type of game is mocked for throwing under the coverage.   Looking at the passes Tua threw in the 4th Qtr against Baltimore showed he can throw downfield with touch and distance.  The one TD was a 50+ air yard bomb on target.  It matters not that there were blown coverages in Baltimore.  Tua saw it, his receivers made it so and he put the ball on target 4 times.  If Josh did that we would be celebrating.  Tua clearly has the arm strength to throw it 50 yards.  In this NFL, that's all you need.  Is his arm as strong as others? Probably not.  It's arm and decision making and location that matter.  No one judges how pretty a TD pass is.  It's a TD pass.  Overthrown, underthrown, tipped, great one-handed catch, miraculous toe tap.  Matters not.  A TD is a TD.

That's not really accurate though if you are trying to try and predict a future performance.  the process is what matters in predicting the future not the result.  Go back and watch the 2 long hill TDs.  Hill runs in a straight line at the snap, Tua basically stares him down then heaves it as far as he can and Hill slows up, catches and runs into the endzone.  He was so open both times it was stupid.  Hill hasn't been able to go over the top against the Bills with Mahomes so avoid that and we'll see. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If you polled all 32 GM's in the NFL how many of them are taking Tua over Allen?

The answer without even having to do it is 0, and that includes his own GM.

I get that.  But that doesn't mean he can't grow into the job.  Take that same poll of Josh Allen on draft night.  Not sure what the tally would be, but he clearly was not viewed in the same light as others.

I admit I have been guilty of Alabama QB bias.  I have stated on this board that they aren't as strong as other programs because they get to play with the cream of the crop.  A stat I heard today was Alabama QBs starting in the NFL are 5-1 this year.  And the one loss was because Mac played Tua.   

Josh got in to the right system and had a team built around him.  I don't know if Tua will or will not flourish.  But it seems to me Miami is following the Beane blueprint and building around the guy.  The coach is early in his career, but it does seem like Miami and Tua are pointing up.

Having said all of this, I sincerely hope the Bills curb stomp them on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

That's not really accurate though if you are trying to try and predict a future performance.  the process is what matters in predicting the future not the result.  Go back and watch the 2 long hill TDs.  Hill runs in a straight line at the snap, Tua basically stares him down then heaves it as far as he can and Hill slows up, catches and runs into the endzone.  He was so open both times it was stupid.  Hill hasn't been able to go over the top against the Bills with Mahomes so avoid that and we'll see. 

We totally schemed out Hill beating us deep the last two years by allowing him to burn us for TDs short.

Just now, wjag said:

I get that.  But that doesn't mean he can't grow into the job.  Take that same poll of Josh Allen on draft night.  Not sure what the tally would be, but he clearly was not viewed in the same light as others.

I admit I have been guilty of Alabama QB bias.  I have stated on this board that they aren't as strong as other programs because they get to play with the cream of the crop.  A stat I heard today was Alabama QBs starting in the NFL are 5-1 this year.  And the one loss was because Mac played Tua.   

Josh got in to the right system and had a team built around him.  I don't know if Tua will or will not flourish.  But it seems to me Miami is following the Beane blueprint and building around the guy.  The coach is early in his career, but it does seem like Miami and Tua are pointing up.

Having said all of this, I sincerely hope the Bills curb stomp them on Sunday.

I view him as potentially Alex Smith.  He can win you a lot of regular season games, but when the other team has a very good defense and he has to beat you himself, he can't do it and gets exposed in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

We totally schemed out Hill beating us deep the last two years by allowing him to burn us for TDs short.

Fun Fact: Hill has 1 TD against the Bills in 4 games (including playoffs).  Also in the regular season he was hasn't done much against the Bills.  He's racked up yards in the two playoff games but he scored 2 TDs in 5 minutes against the Ravens.  I just don't think that will happen Sunday.

36 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I thought he made some good anticipatory short throws to guys who were NFL covered.

Oh, for sure.  I would like to see time to release stats, but yes the Dolphins were playing the "get the ball out fast" game.

I dont know for just that game but for the season he is 2.73 avg which is 15th in the nfl.

I assume Miami will be wearing their all-white uniforms.  You all know, it keeps teams cooler in the heat.

If the Bills are wearing the blue jerseys, i hope they wear the white pants.  I'm not a big fan of the blue/blue look.  I get that they are 2-0 in them but don't overuse that combo.  

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

@Nate Hackett 

Hackett just wanted to "do his part" by getting the crowd involved in counting the play clock down for them and cheering when they got the play off on time...he thought it would bring some "extra entertainment value" to games.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I assume Miami will be wearing their all-white uniforms.  You all know, it keeps teams cooler in the heat.

If the Bills are wearing the blue jerseys, i hope they wear the white pants.  I'm not a big fan of the blue/blue look.  I get that they are 2-0 in them but don't overuse that combo.  

The question is will they have washed them?

• Vomit 1

HA Squish the Fish thread SIGN ME UP!!

I taught my 2 kids from a very early age  to "squish the fish" by taking their beloved goldfish crackers...with clenched fist into the table squish those fishes up  yo

S Q U I S H the F I S H  !!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I thought he made some good anticipatory short throws to guys who were NFL covered.

Oh, for sure.  I would like to see time to release stats, but yes the Dolphins were playing the "get the ball out fast" game.

Joe Marino read out his split stats when he releases in 2.5 seconds or less vs. over 2.5 seconds and the splits were very sharp. The numbers are sparkling when it's under 2.5 and I believe it was worst in the NFL when over 2.5 seconds. 

So, my 19yo son just dredged out a 12 year old Facebook post where I promised to rock Bills Zubaz in public if the BIlls ever had a winning season again. Since that was the 7-9 Dick Jauron era, it seemed like a safe bet. Well, since he brought it to my attention I feel obligated to live up to my word. I just ordered us both pairs of the 'boz and an Allen jersey for myself. This is the first football jersey that I have ever bought. So, I need the that foolproof TBD advice; should I rock that new gear on Sunday or wait for a loss?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

So, my 19yo son just dredged out a 12 year old Facebook post where I promised to rock Bills Zubaz in public if the BIlls ever had a winning season again. Since that was the 7-9 Dick Jauron era, it seemed like a safe bet. Well, since he brought it to my attention I feel obligated to live up to my word. I just ordered us both pairs of the 'boz and an Allen jersey for myself. This is the first football jersey that I have ever bought. So, I need the that foolproof TBD advice; should I rock that new gear on Sunday or wait for a loss?

Hmm...that is a tough call...this year you could be waiting a very long time haha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.