It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

15 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Saw a lot of Dolphins fan (went to their board) thinking this is the game they finally beat the Bills.... and quickly changed their minds after the Bills dominated the Titans. Hopefully the injuries aren't too serious; if the Bills can stop the run with only the front 4 they'll be able to stay in the 2 high safety look and neutralize Hill's and Waddle's deep threat. I still don't think Tua has the arm to beat Poyer/Hyde over the top.

I really think this is the key to this game.  Can Bills rush four and flood the secondary with 7.  This is a 2-high safety look for 100% of the snaps that Hill is on the field.  I think one thing Hill has proven is he makes QBs better.  He can take a slant to the house (as we have seen in AFCCG.  So can the Bills get home with 4?  Elam and Benford and Lewis and Johnson and Poyer and Hyde and Milano are going to have their hands full.  Should be a good test for both teams.

1 minute ago, wjag said:

I really think this is the key to this game.  Can Bills rush four and flood the secondary with 7.  This is a 2-high safety look for 100% of the snaps that Hill is on the field.  I think one thing Hill has proven is he makes QBs better.  He can take a slant to the house (as we have seen in AFCCG.  So can the Bills get home with 4?  Elam and Benford and Lewis and Johnson and Poyer and Hyde and Milano are going to have their hands full.  Should be a good test for both teams.

100%. The Fins invested a lot in speed and are trying to copy the KC method of play with tyreek in the slot, hitting Gesicki and hitting a lot of mid-range stuff.  Tua doesn’t really have the chops for threatening the long passes on every down though like a guy like Mahomes does.  It will be a challenge but I think we will defend against them with Tua’s limitations in mind.  

38 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Tuna better be wary of Dr. Jordan and Mr. Hyde. It’s DUCK SEASON 

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Nick (never) Wright Just called Tua the dark horse MVP candidate

He and Kevin Wildes are just trying to be relevant. They truly don’t believe the crap they’re spewing 

• Like (+1) 2

I gotta think the Ravens game was an anomaly from Miami. I would hope any team would be able to take advantage of how wide friggin' open Baltimore was leaving everyone. They went up a few scores and thought they could go in cruise control and ride it out. Phins were obviously desperate and pushing for points and big plays and it was like the Ravens said, "Oh, don't mind us, you go right on ahead!" Yeah, it was a good day for the Phins O but I definitely see that game being a result of Baltimore's craptastic defense rather than Tua suddenly morphing into a world beater.

All that to say... I don't think he's gonna have as good of a day against the Bills. For once, I liked what the talking heads were saying during the game last night, about how Frasier and the defensive staff understand their flaws and liabilities and focus on those things because they know that's what they opponent will focus on. I feel like they'll probably disguise a lot of coverages to get Tua confused and holding onto the ball a tick longer with the front four creating constant pressure. Throw in some unique blitzes too, just keep them guessing.

Sometimes I feel like, "uh oh, this opponent is playing really good... I hope the defense can stop them" and then I remember, "Well, even if they struggle, there's this dude named Josh Allen that Miami will have to try and stop..." and then I feel all warm and fuzzy in mah tum tums.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

I gotta think the Ravens game was an anomaly from Miami. I would hope any team would be able to take advantage of how wide friggin' open Baltimore was leaving everyone. They went up a few scores and thought they could go in cruise control and ride it out. Phins were obviously desperate and pushing for points and big plays and it was like the Ravens said, "Oh, don't mind us, you go right on ahead!" Yeah, it was a good day for the Phins O but I definitely see that game being a result of Baltimore's craptastic defense rather than Tua suddenly morphing into a world beater.

I've been thinking a lot about the Ravens collapse, part with glee, part with amusement, and part with astonishment.  Harbaugh coached teams don't do this or at least they didn't.  A thought.  Last year their entire secondary was on IR.  They had replacement players all over the field.  Cincy smoked them twice, but the remainder of the games they played competitively, just significantly undermanned.  What happens?  John Harbaugh needs a scalp so he goes after DC Wink Martindale.  Wink ends up in Buffalo East.  All of a sudden Buffalo East is playing defense again and Baltimore gets smoked on defense.  Coincidence?

• Agree 1

I keep thinking of the game there last year we went after Tua and almost killed him before he got mercifully hurt and removed from the game.  To me sustained constant pressure from all angles is going to be the key - he won't be able to hit Tyreek deep with defenders invading his personal space with extreme malice, or from the ground.  Won't matter who the CBs are

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2

We really evened out the schedule disparity against us and Miami early on.  We’ve only got one non afc north/nfc north game to go and we’ve got a decent chance to go 3-0 in those games.  I think Miami has got the harder schedule going forward 

19 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I keep thinking of the game there last year we went after Tua and almost killed him before he got mercifully hurt and removed from the game.  To me sustained constant pressure from all angles is going to be the key - he won't be able to hit Tyreek deep with defenders invading his personal space with extreme malice, or from the ground.  Won't matter who the CBs are

Their offensive line doesn’t seem any better this year…they have some big time weak links there especially now with Austin Jackson on IR.  Unfortunately Kyle Hamilton kept rushing the passer when he was only supposed to simulate pressure and drop out so tyreek hill was wide open pretty much instantly on a lot of plays last week.  The corner kept thinking he had safety help and handing him off to a safety that just wasn’t there.

Tua made some great plays that were well covered in that game but a big chunk of his stats were peewee football level communication mistakes by the ravens secondary 

that’s pretty much the exact game you’d want tua to have the week before playing us…he’s gonna consistently look to tyreek to bail him out when the pocket is collapsing next week because it worked for him this week and he will be consistently double covered 

the ravens actually did a good job shutting down the screens and quick passes to the outside which was putting the dolphins in a lot of third and long situations the whole first half and tua looked like the tua we always see.  They fell apart when Humphrey went down in the second half though.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Mentioned some of this in a different thread.  I watched most of Miami's first two games.

The Dolphins offense only scored 13 points in Week 1, against a less than impressive Patriot defense.  They had only 7 points at halftime on Sunday, and only 14 points after 3 quarters.  If you watch the Mike Gesicki touchdown, there were three Ravens around the ball that didn't even bother to put their hands up or jump to stop the pass.  The deep Tyreek Hill touchdown was one of the worst miscommunication/blown coverages I have ever seen, where nobody was within 30 yards of him.  Don't get me wrong.  It was an awesome comeback, and Tua had the game of his life.  But let's not pretend the Dolphins are suddenly some offensive juggernaut, after literally ONE quarter of great play, against a defense that had clearly packed it in. 

They have some really dangerous weapons on the outside.  But it's not like they are the first team in NFL history to field two fast receivers at the same time.  There is a strategy to stop that kind of attack, and we just happen to be VERY good at running it.  The Bills defense specializes in stopping the big pass play, and forcing offenses to gradually work down the field with runs and underneath throws.  After watching film from the Ravens game, this will be an even bigger focus than normal for Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier.  Maybe our injuries play a factor, but I just don't see us allowing the same deep passes that killed the Ravens.  

Based on our recent play and the last several times playing the Dolphins, I would be surprised if our offense scores less than 30-35 points.  Can the Dolphins operate efficiently enough to move the ball methodically, converting third downs, keep our offense off the field, and stay pace with us on the scoreboard?  From what I've seen in 2022 so far, I don't think so.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.