It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm impressed by your fortitude.  I couldn't get past the

Record of Opponants (sic):
Josh....1-3
Tua.....2-2

How can opponents have a 4 game record (1-3 or 2-2) when.....wait for it....we've only played 2 games?

They were combining opponents. So Rams + Titans are 1-3 together. Patriots and Ravens are 2-2 together. Seems odd.... it's not like the Bills played two trash teams and the Dolphins played two elite teams.... I'm not sure who is better between the Rams and Ravens and who is better between the Pats and Titans. Also doesn't take into account that Allen really has only played about 6 quarters of Football. He stopped throwing the football at the 9 minute mark of the 4th against the Rams and like with 4 minutes left in the 3rd against the Titans

I haven't watched the Dolfelons at all this year, just a couple highlights of the 4th quarter comeback. Couple of questions from those of you who have if I may:

1. How is their running game?
  2. How is their OL holding up? I know they replaced a bad RT with Little.
  3. How's their D? Looks like they give up points to decent offenses.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I mean any given Sunday and all that jazz but it’s pretty illogical predicting the dolphins win this game as an nfl analyst.  The defense is mostly unchanged from the last few years except for a few rookie linebackers that haven’t had any real impact and they’ve never demonstrated they can slow down josh Allen.  

Miami has been weak on the offensive line and the bills defensive line has seemed much more potent since von miller came over in the offseason. 

Also if the game ends up turning into a shootout I think that heavily favors Allen not tua.  Miami is an objectively better team than a year ago but they don’t match up particularly well against buffalo

the patriots are closer to being on the right track to compete with the bills than the dolphins are at least schematically speaking. Dolphins really need to load up on bullies on the offensive line and defensive front 7

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I just read that entire thread.  Man those guys are delusional.  I get it that they are Miami fans and maybe I had some Homer in me when Fitz looked good or something but I was never talking about how Fitz is just as good or better than Brady lmao.  These guys actually think Tua is the best Qb in the league based on one quarter of good football.

We have some injuries.  They have some dangerous weapons and its possible we may even lose.  I dont think we do but Im not going to sit here and act like its not possible.  I think those guys are in for some dissapointment this season and about Tua.  I think Tua is decent but that guy is not nor will ever be elite IMO.

This is gonna be fun

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm impressed by your fortitude.  I couldn't get past the

Record of Opponants (sic):
Josh....1-3
Tua.....2-2

How can opponents have a 4 game record (1-3 or 2-2) when.....wait for it....we've only played 2 games?

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Omg I thought the same thing.  I just figured I didnt understand the stat or something haha.

The rams are 1-1… titans 0-2

Overall the Bills opponents are 1-3

• Like (+1) 1

I can't see the Bills taking their foot off the gas if they're up by multiple scores. There could be some deja'vu in this game with the Bills hanging another 50 burger after watching the Ravens not playing 4 quarters of football. Not to mention their plan on wearing us out in the heat could wear out their WR duo just as fast, kinda like Allen wearing out their D line. Hell, we probably could have put up 60+ on the Titans. For all the brashness of the fins up fans, the Bills have a +55 point differential for a reason

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So other than outscoring Miami, how do we defend against Miami's WR's?

is this the game we start bringing Blitz packages? I mean if this were Mahomes then I would say no way... but. do we limit Miami Short passing game and force Tua to go deep or just play what has worked?

I would say opposite.

Rush 4 and flood the passing lanes. Not because of Tua, but because of the injuries at CB and the speed of Miami's WRs.

The last thing I think the bills want to do is blitz and leave their young corners 1 on 1 vs Hill and Waddle.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

Apparently some of you were taking Lord Tua's name in vain last night on the broadcast...lol. This apparently sparked a DolFans watch party of our game:

https://finheaven.com/threads/bills-fans-chanting-tua-sucks-on-mnf.374297/

Apparently everyone is in everyone's head and we all splitting the rent...haha.

Well, that’s 20 minutes I’ll never get back.  Good god.  I thought PhinsFan1968 might actually be a Bills plant — he was coherent and reasonable — but it appears he’s been there for a long time.  The rest of that board is a mess.  Makes me appreciate this one even more.

44 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Thinking outside the box, I wonder if McD would try rushing only 3, and dropping 8 into coverage- almost like what we should have done against KC during 13 seconds…😉

No, I think if anything we may rush more.  Remember, Tua’s not a big guy and if you can crowd him and take away his vision he won’t throw it.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would say opposite.

Rush 4 and flood the passing lanes. Not because of Tua, but because of the injuries at CB and the speed of Miami's WRs.

The last thing I think the bills want to do is blitz and leave their young corners 1 on 1 vs Hill and Waddle.

Yea I agree with this.

I think the pressure from the front 4 needs to come from the middle, a lot like it did for Stafford. I actually think they could run a similar gameplan to what they did against the Rams. Sean McVay wanted to stretch the defense. Stafford was getting frustrated not being able to go deep. The Bills do need to get pressure with 4 and move Tua off his spot and make him come off his first read.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Very interested to see the injury report this week.

The Titans game was not the week to be short on the D-Line, but our depth came through with flying colors.

The Dolphins game is not one I want to be short in the secondary (White, Jackson, Hyde).  But who knows?

it’s funny; I don’t really even count Tre White anymore.  I’ll basically think of him as a huge bonus when he finally returns.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.