9/19/22 Gameday Titans at Bills Week 2 Pregame Thread MNF!

Chandler#81

6 hours ago, marck said:

Oakland in 1974, Bills win 21-20, Ferguson to Ahmad Rashad and Blanda missed game winning FG on last play and OJ got hurt in the 1st half

I was there.  Tremendous win.  The guy next to me left before Fergie threw the winning TD pass to Rashad.    the next game, I ask him if he heard what happened after he left the prior week! :)

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

My brothers and I used to hit chestnuts with tennis rackets up onto a neighboring garage's roof to set off its motion alarm

good times

Growing up on the East Side of Buffalo we lived near the Cheektowaga border and a giant apartment complex that had huge, virtually pitch black(no lights) open courtyards with the apartment complexes designed like a rectangle with one open side. In those wide open spaces were lots of crabapple trees and around this time of year all those crabapples started falling to the ground...

During Friday and Saturday nights around this time of year we would wait until it got dark and then run through the complex picking up the mushy apples that fell and chucking them at the windows of the upper level apartments, splattering them all over the windows...all you'd hear as we ran through were the trailing "You f*****g little punks...I'm going to...."

We never got caught but we did end up hitting someone who was apparently waiting for us that night with the window open and instead got hit and the apple splattered all over him and his glasses as he stood there with a stunned look and was speechless...I almost fell down from laughing so hard...

I walked by a crabapple tree the other day and saw a bunch of apples on the ground and started chuckling to myself...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Growing up on the East Side of Buffalo we lived near the Cheektowaga border and a giant apartment complex that had huge, virtually pitch black(no lights) open courtyards with the apartment complexes designed like a rectangle with one open side. In those wide open spaces were lots of crabapple trees and around this time of year all those crabapples started falling to the ground...

During Friday and Saturday nights around this time of year we would wait until it got dark and then run through the complex picking up the mushy apples that fell and chucking them at the windows of the upper level apartments, splattering them all over the windows...all you'd hear as we ran through were the trailing "You f*****g little punks...I'm going to...."

We never got caught but we did end up hitting someone who was apparently waiting for us that night with the window open and instead got hit and the apple splattered all over him and his glasses as he stood there with a stunned look and was speechless...I almost fell down from laughing so hard...

I walked by a crabapple tree the other day and saw a bunch of apples on the ground and started chuckling to myself...

Youthful terrorism lost in this modern age of cell phones

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Cheektowaga comes from the Erie-Seneca Indian word, Ji-ik-do-wah-gah, or “place of the crabapple tree.”

image.png.50a3b0007996a3e8218f9291031bd87a.png

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We were crabapple kids growing up 100%…those things hurt like hell when used properly!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

We were crabapple kids growing up 100%…those things hurt like hell when used properly!

Hahahaha, we only threw the mushy ones that would splatter.. we didn't want to break the windows, just make a mess of them!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

And we are missing top CB (Tre), our top DT (Oliver), a solid run stuffing DT (Settle), and plus our #2 WR (Davis).   

I am nervous about this game, as usual.  I am nervous before every game.  

I usually am not nervous in regular season at all but I am today for whatever reason.  Guess I want us to get this win that badly.

Not sure either, but they guys are Cardinals fans. Appears they’re heckling Kylie, but maybe Murray is just what Ross Tucker called him.. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I usually am not nervous in regular season at all but I am today for whatever reason.  Guess I want us to get this win that badly.

You’re not alone, Brother.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.