NFL Week #2 - 9/18/2022 - Around the NFL - Games Not Including the Bills

BuffaloBill

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

LOL, Georgia had 15 players taken in this year’s draft, including 10 in the first three rounds and 5 in round 1.  And that obviously doesn’t include the absolutely loaded roster of guys they’re rolling out this year. They might have started 10 future first round picks last year. They absolutely have as much or more talent than a team like the Bears. There are probably a lot of guys on the Bears 53 that would not see playing time at Georgia.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Again, zero facts…just feelings

the top college teams will have like 8-12 guys drafted each year

Of those maybe 50% turn into serviceable multi year NFL starters 

You might get 1-2 Pro Bowlers or All Pros... unlikely in their first season 

If you think that would be remotely competitive vs an NFL team I don't know what to tell you

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

LOL, Georgia had 15 players taken in this year’s draft, including 10 in the first three rounds and 5 in round 1.  And that obviously doesn’t include the absolutely loaded roster of guys they’re rolling out this year. They might have started 10 future first round picks last year. They absolutely have as much or more talent than a team like the Bears. There are probably a lot of guys on the Bears 53 that would not see playing time at Georgia.

And how many are starting on an NFL team right now?

Nakobe Dean, there star defensive player is currently a back up.  

You are absolutely crazy.  You 100% believe the NFL game isn’t anymore complex than college.  WOW.

So basically every team that the Bears beat, UGA would beat too.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

And they're placed in a roster with experienced, older players to compete in the NFL - not a bunch of fellow 20 year olds.

Look how the likes of Lawrence, Fields and Lance have suffered from growing pains and they're were top draft picks.

They’re not a bunch of 20-year olds nowadays…the guys being drafted are mostly 22-24…they are staying in school longer.   Guys like Fields and Lawrence are struggling in part because they are no longer playing against teams with massively inferior talent…in fact, their own teams are the ones that are outmatched, for the first time in their lives…but I do think there’s a huge difference in QB play and coaching between College and the pros.

What I learned today:

Burrow can't think in the pocket

Cincy's O-line sucks

Tua is ok, but still underthrows most of his long passes

Ravens secondary is confused alot

Ravens scared me until their D unravelled

Winston still knows how to throw picks at the worst time of the game

Lions can move the ball. Their good. Not great, but ok.

Garoppolo becomes the starter about 6-7 weeks before expected

Matt Ryan is not a great QB. He's been great at times in the past, but, that's not great, just very good. Poor Indy. The expectations

Trevor Lawrence isn't horrible. I kinda thought he would be. 

Nothing new, but Trevor Lawrence still looks weird

Brady is trash

And....Jai Alai is one of the best beers on the planet. yummy!

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

yeah, they’re exhibiting that talent agains other COLLEGE teams.  The Bears are 1-0 in the freaking NFL right now and about to be down by 7 against the Green Bay Packers.

The Dawgs would get slaughtered and it’s not even close.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

They’re not a bunch of 20-year olds nowadays…the guys being drafted are mostly 22-24…they are staying in school longer.   Guys like Fields and Lawrence are struggling in part because they are no longer playing against teams with massively inferior talent…in fact, their own teams are the ones that are outmatched, for the first time in their lives…but I do think there’s a huge difference in QB play and coaching between College and the pros.

So Fields and Lawrence are struggling but UGA’s QB Bennett wouldn’t while still in college against these NFL defenses…got it.

Just now, RiotAct said:

yeah, they’re exhibiting that talent agains other COLLEGE teams.  The Bears are 1-0 in the freaking NFL right now and about to be down by 7 against the Green Bay Packers.

The Dawgs would get slaughtered and it’s not even close.

okay, still down 14.  But my point stands.

Just now, The Red King said:

You could see it on the reply.  The ball was just behind his elbow and broke the plane.  Good lord, refs.  I mean yes, shotgun was a bad call, but the refs screwed that call (and the Bears).

Agreed. Real cop out to say isn’t “clear and obvious.” You can see the ball

and the line. That’s it.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So Fields and Lawrence are struggling but UGA’s QB Bennett wouldn’t while still in college against these NFL defenses…got it.

I think GA would have a tough time scoring against NFL teams, but bottom feeder NFL offenses like Chicago would have a tough time scoring against Georgia’s defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.