Congrats to Jessica Pegula

BisonMan

For reaching the Quarterfinals of the US Open this week before losing a close match to World #1 Ida Swiatek. She is now the top ranked American in Women’s tennis at #8. She also has a very Buffalo way to hydrate during the post-match press conference!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, BisonMan said:

For reaching the Quarterfinals of the US Open this week before losing a close match to World #1 Ida Swiatek. She is now the top ranked American in Women’s tennis at #8. She also has a very Buffalo way to hydrate during the post-match press conference!

Labatts Blue would have been better... I don't think I know of anyone back home who drinks Heineken.

5 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I saw she was slated to play the world #1 and the kind of forgot about it. This thread title had me thinking she pulled off the upset.

That second set was epic. Lost it in tiebreakers to the #1 seed. But Jess really put all she had into it.

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Labatts Blue would have been better... I don't think I know of anyone back home who drinks Heineken.

Isn't Heineken a sponsor or something?

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That second set was epic. Lost it in tiebreakers to the #1 seed. But Jess really put all she had into it.

Isn't Heineken a sponsor or something?

Heineken has been a big sponsor of the ATP and WTA for years.  I remember getting free tix to sit in a box with an open bar to watch Sampras and Agassi play in the LA Open.  I was in undergrad at the time and me and my frat brother probably drank two dozen Heinekens between us.  At the end of the evening the barkeep did some shots with us and then told us to take home as many Heineken as we could grab.  Last thing I remember was jogging across the UCLA campus with 15 cans of Heineken cradled in my t-shirt.  😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Be better if it were Labatts

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.