Bills cuts

Chandler#81

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

anybody else not sold on Cook?  gotta keep him given his draft position but doesn't seem to have the Bills "culture" Beane spoke of.

Are you saying this based on the response on draft night?  I think it might be a little judgmental on your part to say this. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not at all convinced that Sweeney makes the team. Gilliam was lining up as TE3 at camp. If he can play Hback/FB/TE3 they can roll with Knox and Morris (who earned the TE2 spot fair and square imo) and potentially keep 7 WR.  There is no reason to keep Howard on name alone or because they gave him too much money. Take the lumps on the cap side, not the field.

Right, and it’s not like Sweeney is a great blocker. Morris and Gilliam can play formations and are better blockers than Sweeney. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

anybody else not sold on Cook?  gotta keep him given his draft position but doesn't seem to have the Bills "culture" Beane spoke of.

This comment seems completely out of left field - what exactly about Cook makes you think this?  (It's also a little laughable any more pointing to culture after the events of the last week.)

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree… With Howard being cut, their only significant offensive FA added to the off-season was an aging Roger Saffold. 😅

I am as disappointed as you. I liked the Howard pick up as a low risk, high reward offensive piece and I am really disappointed it has failed. In terms of passing targets for Josh it is really Sanders and Beasley out, Crowder (low ceiling vet), Shakir (5th round rookie) and Cook (2nd round rookie receiving back) in. Have they done enough? Only time will tell but it is a legit question to ask. 

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Didn't Dorsey say exactly the opposite? That he is just FB in his offense? I might have misread something.

That's all good Yolo. If he sucks I am fine with keeping better players. I just think this is a huge huge miss on Beane's part. $3M dead cap is a lot for a player without a snap for the Bills. I know nobody sees the future and I will keep assessing Beane based on his overall work but this one hurts. More than any of his moves in recent memory.

I don’t know what Dorsey said but he was lining up at TE, which he has in the past as well

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am as disappointed as you. I liked the Howard pick up as a low risk, high reward offensive piece and I am really disappointed it has failed. In terms of passing targets for Josh it is really Sanders and Beasley out, Crowder (low ceiling vet), Shakir (5th round rookie) and Cook (2nd round rookie receiving back) in. Have they done enough? Only time will tell but it is a legit question to ask. 

As I said upthread I was really looking forward to that 12 personnel mismatch. That 11th player on the field really should be your chess piece and thought Howard was going to do that. I still think they have some nice mismatch pieces. McKenzie for his speed out of the slot. I think Cook would be a good mismatch in 2 RB sets. It would just have been nice to have a mismatch with double TEs.

EDIT: Oh and I like the mismatch Davis gives if they bump him inside to the slot and put Shakir outside.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Howard has to be one of the biggest disappointments in my mind. I thought maybe he could be a sneaky good signing who could thrive and revive his career with Josh.. but the contract looks about horrible as his performance..

I think Duke became a long shot to make this team when Cook was drafted. 

why is sneaky a term being overused now? There's nothing sneaky about Howard. He's done nothing his entire career

26 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

what?

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We had one of the best offenses in the league and didn't lose anyone besides Cole, who was on his way out anyways.  We invested with two rookies that seem to be solid pickups, and a savvy vet WR in Crowder in case McKenzie isn't up to snuff.

I'm really not worried. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, no one else is judgmental here.

Saying a guy doesn’t fit the culture based on assuming something is pretty sad. Did it ever occur to you thats just how he might be?  What?  He doesn’t fit the “culture” because he’s laid back?  Wow…carry on…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.