Bills cuts

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Saying a guy doesn’t fit the culture based on assuming something is pretty sad. Did it ever occur to you thats just how he might be?  What?  He doesn’t fit the “culture” because he’s laid back?  Wow…carry on…

i hope I'm wrong.  Laid back isn't the description I'd use.  We'll see.  I'm a Bills fan.  i hope he's the next Freddie..  Just don't see it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

We had one of the best offenses in the league and didn't lose anyone besides Cole, who was on his way out anyways.  We invested with two rookies that seem to be solid pickups, and a savvy vet WR in Crowder in case McKenzie isn't up to snuff.

I'm really not worried. 

We lost Sanders and Bessley both of whom were past their best.... the question is have we improved at all on offense? To my mind we have three legit threats - Diggs, Davis and Knox. The rest of our offensive weapons for Josh are JAGs until proven otherwise. I like McKenzie a lot have high hopes he truly breaks out. I liked the Shakir pick a lot too... but they are both still in the gotta prove it territory. If any of our three main guys go down do we have enough people to dictate matchups? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Howard is a horrendous move all over. If we’re going to bring in a third TE, or just go with Knox and Morris, then just about ok though the cap hit isn’t good. If we keep Sweeney ahead of him considering his weaknesses and cap hit difference, it’s bizarre.

Chris Herndon got released by New Orleans, he's been a serviceable TE for some time. Would probably be an upgrade over Sweeney

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The offense was the reason their season nearly got derailed last year… I know everyone here loves their playmakers but once any sort of injuries hit they lack depth just about everywhere. 

And the defense was the reason the season came to an end.  

Saying that the depth players aren't as good as their playmakers isn't really saying anything at all.  That's the case around the league. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We lost Sanders and Bessley both of whom were past their best.... the question is have we improved at all on offense? To my mind we have three legit threats - Diggs, Davis and Knox. The rest of our offensive weapons for Josh are JAGs until proven otherwise. I like McKenzie a lot have high hopes he truly breaks out. I liked the Shakir pick a lot too... but they are both still in the gotta prove it territory. If any of our three main guys go down do we have enough people to dictate matchups? 

I expect we will have a significantly improved running game with the addition of Saffold and a frankly much better OL coach.  We have Allen, he dictates everything a defense has to do.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think we keep only two Tight Ends: Knox and Morris.

Could see that happening as they also have Gillian.  Likely Sweeney will make it to PS so could bring him back if needed.  The only thing questionalbe is the talk of them running more 2 TE sets, then would think you'd want 3 on 53.

36 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Not terribly surprised after seeing him continuously playing late in preseason games, but I don’t love any of the options currently behind Knox. Can’t believe how much they  most NFL teams struggle to identify TE talent/depth. Guess we’ll see if Morris is that guy. 

I fixed it for you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.