Bills cuts

Chandler#81

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So everyone’s depth is the same on every team? No team has better depth than anyone else?

I don't know how you could possibly draw that conclusion from what I said, but when you have top playmakers in the NFL like Diggs and a top RZ threat like Knox then yes, the cliff between your top guys and depth guys looks greater. 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree with your post, But I find It’s a strange question to ask.  Where do we stack up right now against every other team in the league?  We’re the favorites according to most.   At least point, it’s about  going to work and rolling the dice to see how the season plays out.  Outside variables other than roster construction often play major roles in how many teams’ seasons are ended.  The many rosters are good enough.  Our roster last year, was good enough.  One flip of the coin and this could’ve ended much differently.  

I think they’ve done enough…., I think many teams have done enough. Now it’s time to play the game.  Time to outwork our opponents.  Time to want it more than our opponents. Time for our coaches our opponents.  Time to see which unpredictable variables come into play and have positive or negative effects on our season.   The football gods will have their say.  Luck plays a role in whether or not we can say a FO had “done enough” in the offseason.  I thought they did enough last year.  Had the coin come up tails, we might still have been celebrating.  Lots of luck.

See I don't think they did enough last year. The same tone in which I have questioned the weaponry this year I was questioning the offensive line last year coming off it getting railroaded in the AFCCG. The answer was they hadn't done enough last year. Because while they might still have gone the whole way with a bit more luck had their OL played just a fraction better before week 12 or 13 the Bills would have been the #1 seed. So I get the luck point, I get the other variables point but ultimately their OL struggles last year were not totally unpredictable. I don't think that the line or the offensive weapon depth is where I'd want it for a team making a run. If we get some luck and our starters stay healthy it might not matter. Then we will have "done enough", so I do take your point. But I think it remains a legitimate question. Ultimately I would say each year only one team ends up having done enough. That's the game we're in. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, gordong said:

Agreed, like they are paying for it. 

Fans are discussing cap space, not if the Pegula's are out a couple million. 

If they were able to find a trade partner for Howard, we go from 10M in cap space to 12M in cap space. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fans are discussing cap space, not if the Pegula's are out a couple million. 

If they were able to find a trade partner for Howard, we go from 10M in cap space to 12M in cap space. 

No one is trading for him, thats why he signed a one-year “prove it” deal with a contender. 

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

BLASPHEMY! Come on now man at least wait for the guy to do something in this league before saying something so silly.

True. I liked Freddie, but he was an above average back on below average teams. The ceiling for Cook is MUCH higher. We also have a QB & better depth, so Cook wont get the touches that Fred got. Lets see how durable Cook is.

8 minutes ago, eball said:

So you are on record agreeing that the OJ Howard cut is "brutal on many fronts" and Beane is "taking a lot of Ls" recently?  Noted.

This past week has been one of the worst of Beane's GM reign. And I 100% bet he would tell you that himself in private. Had to trade a guy he invested a 2nd rounder and a trade up in for a 5th, with him publicly admitting he got the character and talent evaluation wrong. Had to cut a drafted punter after it transpired there was an outstanding off field incident that the Bills were not aware of (not blaming him, just setting out the facts) and then he has to cut a guy he gave a 1 year contract and kicked the cap can down the road with a dummy year for this past March, his biggest offseason offensive weapon acquisition because he couldn't beat out a 2nd year UDFA and Tommy freaking Sweeney. 

I am not putting Beane on the hotseat or anything ridiculous like that but this has been one of his worst weeks and he would tell you that himself. One of the things I like the most about Beane is when he screws up he very publicly owns it. He owns his mistakes while people on here defend them. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

That one does surprise me a little.  I thought he might be this year's UDFA that makes the roster. 

I didn't expect him to make it but I'd be shocked if he doesn't land back on our PS. Kid had himself a nice pre-season. Remember it took Ike Boettger a year or two on the PS before he cracked the roster and then another year before he cracked the lineup. This kid has something. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 10

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That one does surprise me a little.  I thought he might be this year's UDFA that makes the roster. 

Philly will ***** him off the practice squad like they did his brother Jack last year.

Im kidding they’re not brothers 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.