Bills cuts

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

anybody else not sold on Cook?  gotta keep him given his draft position but doesn't seem to have the Bills "culture" Beane spoke of.

He's a good kid. Only thing I have against him is that Beane spent a 2nd round pick on a running back. That's against my policy. Now Blackshear looks better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 2

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why do you say that? 

seems dumb as a rock.  I didn't like his response to being drafted by the Bills.  That said, he might be Adrian Peterson reincarnate.  I hope so.  Don't see him as the next Freddie

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

I thought Wydermeyer could turn into something. I don't understand why they cut him so early when we got a fistful of Olinemen who were never going to make it and are gonna be gone. The Pats will probably make him a star.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Howard is a horrendous move all over. If we’re going to bring in a third TE, or just go with Knox and Morris, then just about ok though the cap hit isn’t good. If we keep Sweeney ahead of him considering his weaknesses and cap hit difference, it’s bizarre.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I thought Wydermeyer could turn into something. I don't understand why they cut him so early when we got a fistful of Olinemen who were never going to make it and are gonna be gone. The Pats will probably make him a star.

Doubtful.

image.thumb.jpeg.4d98e8804a68a87ca877b632ef170730.jpeg
Oh, sorry.  Wydermeyer. 🙁

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Been trending that way. He has been very disappointing and they have had Quintin Morris on the field with the 1s ahead of him. I was told by a well informed source from another team that the Bills had called teams to guage trade interest and had no bites. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

seems dumb as a rock.  I didn't like his response to being drafted by the Bills.  That said, he might be Adrian Peterson reincarnate.  I hope so.  Don't see him as the next Freddie

Rehashing his subdued response when drafted? Been discussed here ad nauseum.

Nope, kid wants to be here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gilliam was playing TE in camp 

Didn't Dorsey say exactly the opposite? That he is just FB in his offense? I might have misread something.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not disappointed. They are prioritizing actual play over cap hit. Keeping him would ignore his performance and would not make the team better. 

That's all good Yolo. If he sucks I am fine with keeping better players. I just think this is a huge huge miss on Beane's part. $3M dead cap is a lot for a player without a snap for the Bills. I know nobody sees the future and I will keep assessing Beane based on his overall work but this one hurts. More than any of his moves in recent memory.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Tbf Howard has sucked on the field too. 

I’m not at all convinced that Sweeney makes the team. Gilliam was lining up as TE3 at camp. If he can play Hback/FB/TE3 they can roll with Knox and Morris (who earned the TE2 spot fair and square imo) and potentially keep 7 WR.  There is no reason to keep Howard on name alone or because they gave him too much money. Take the lumps on the cap side, not the field.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.