Bills cuts

Chandler#81

I know 3 QBs and all... but I like Barkley and wish he was just a bit more capable to be the true #2 for years to come. 

And hope most of those guys can make the practice squad.  As we all expected, they had to cut some pretty good depth players today!    

I hate this day as a fan... can’t really imagine the feelings and emotions these guys must have today.  They’ve  all worked their butts off to get here.   

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So you think we wont be seeing Diggs and Davis on the field at the same time all that much?  I disagree with that.

Not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying the Bills use a lot of formations where there's more receivers lined up in the slot than outside. Like on this play, where Diggs, Davis and Bease were in the slot and Kumerow and Brieda we're the outside receivers:

BUF-10.png

And on this play were all 3 wr's are lined up in the slot:

raiders-1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’d like this. People keep trying to move on from Stevenson, but I’m not ready to quit him yet. Looks like the Bills aren’t either. Yes, he’s got work to do, but he has good speed and can hopefully still contribute to this team at some point provided he can get/stay healthy.  

• Eyeroll 1

This is a very different Bills team that we are used to.  Loaded with talent.  Many cuts will find homes on other teams.  Years ago we would be looking at the cuts from other teams to sign guys not only to make the squad but possibly start.  The culture of the team has changed for the better 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I’d like this. People keep trying to move on from Stevenson, but I’m not ready to quit him yet. Looks like the Bills aren’t either. Yes, he’s got work to do, but he has good speed and can hopefully still contribute to this team at some point provided he can get/stay healthy.  

His speed on the outside could be big later in the year. Like don Beebe in the old days

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

This is a very different Bills team that we are used to.  Loaded with talent.  Many cuts will find homes on other teams.  Years ago we would be looking at the cuts from other teams to sign guys not only to make the squad but possibly start.  The culture of the team has changed for the better 

Talent attracts talent.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Luke Tenuta marks the 7th cut in 5 Beane drafts to not make the team (If you count Teller). It's a late pick so not exactly a big deal, but it's interesting.

When you have a loaded team, tough for anyone to crack the roster, even drafted players.  Especially a later round like Tenuta.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

His speed on the outside could be big later in the year. Like don Beebe in the old days

Granted, they are highlights, but watching his college tape, the guy is explosive and is running away from guys. Outside of injury, I’m not sure he’ll get much run at WR this year, but you never know. More likely at returner (which he was pretty good at in college, but had a few awkward moments last year doing it in the pros that people are dogging him for). I’m just happy they see something there that may be worth developing. Time will tell on him. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying the Bills use a lot of formations where there's more receivers lined up in the slot than outside. Like on this play, where Diggs, Davis and Bease were in the slot and Kumerow and Brieda we're the outside receivers:

BUF-10.png

And on this play were all 3 wr's are lined up in the slot:

raiders-1.jpg

The top image shows multiple slot receivers. The bottom image doesn’t as there is no receiver outside of Diggs to create a slot. Lining up tighter vs. wider doesn’t define a slot. 

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Luke Tenuta marks the 7th cut in 5 Beane drafts to not make the team (If you count Teller). It's a late pick so not exactly a big deal, but it's interesting.

Only notable in that it was a junk pick the moment it was announced. The guy can’t move. And he couldn’t move on his tape either. But hey he’s tall!

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Can somebody explain me that Mancz thing? I thought from all the reports that he was a lock.

I still think he comes back after all the moves are done. I think it's just roster shuffling with injuries. 

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Can somebody explain me that Mancz thing? I thought from all the reports that he was a lock. Was he outplayed by Hart and Van Roten? Wasn't he supposed to be primary backup center?

I am confused.

Injury issues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.