Bills cuts

Chandler#81

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No that is fair. But it was the reason the Chief game was at Arrowhead and we were not the #1 seed. Offense vs Pitt. Offense vs Jags. Win those two against two teams we are clearly better than and we are home throughout January. 

Besides execution, I put those loses on Daboll His inability to make in game changes to his method of attack and distrust of Allen to be able to put the team on his shoulders was a major reason for those failures. Hopefully our new OC doesn’t suffer from those issues.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I know this team loves Kumerow and Sweeney in the locker room but both of those guys have been around multiple years and will never truly contribute much. Kimerow isn’t some elite ST player and Sweeney was abominable last year. Move on already. 

Hodgins has been around too. Guys like him and he's flashed before too. He does not play ST. Same w Blackshear. Honestly, every team in the NFL has RBs who flash versus 2nd and 3rd stringers in preseason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

Besides execution, I put those loses on Daboll His inability to make in game changes to his method of attack and distrust of Allen to be able to put the team on his shoulders was a major reason for those failures. Hopefully our new OC doesn’t suffer from those issues.

Or use smart game plans, adjust the offense what the defense giving you. He can be soo late to adjust, frustrating lots of times from Daboll. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Geez Alpha.  Some fans liked his play.  I think he has a chance to get to the PS and keep improving.

FTR, Kumerow (his competition) had 10 yards per catch against the same guys and he fumbled.

Keenum and Barkley were throwing not Josh.

It looks like Kumerow gets the nod and I hope he can have a better than 43% catch % if he is needed at WR again.

I am not against Hodgins, I was rooting for him.  But the over exaggeration got out of hand with him is my point.  People kept saying he was a must keep regardless of ST, and sorry, his play did not dictate he was a must keep candidate at WR if he couldnt play ST.  

He made some nice short catches, but again, under 9 ypc through 3 games while leading the team in targets and receptions against weak competition is not an example of roster lock.  Shakir went out and turned heads and showed what a roster lock looks like.  People were saying to cut Crowder, a 28 year old proven good starting WR in the league just to keep Hodgins which was ludicrous. 

The plays Hodgins made any competent WR at this level should be able to make, it wasn't anything special.  It was the same with Blackshear, a guy who made a few good plays against weak competition, but ultimately, outside of 1 carry for 25 yards struggled to run the ball in 3 games.  Yet people wanted to cut/trade someone like Moss to keep him.  

I love seeing young players beat the odds, so will continue to root for both.  But this isn't 2017 anymore, this is a deep and talented roster.  You keep the guys who will help you win games on Sunday and make you a better player.  WR6 is not a Wide Receiver, that is a starting ST player...and if you are not the best player in your role, you will not make this team.  

No disrespect, but its silly to cite the catch % of Kumerow considering how few targets he saw or will ever see.  He may not get even one target this year.  I mean one more catch and the % jumps because the sample size is so small.  

Reality is, Kumerow is a strong contributor on ST, the only place he or Hodgins would ever see the field.  And I do really hope Hodgins makes our PS again and keeps improving on ST so he can make the roster, I have nothing at all against him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I really like Isaiah Hodgins and was really hoping he makes the cut.  When we originally drafted him, I had him rated higher than G. Davis. Big boy with solid hands.

Go Bills!!!!!

I think most people like him, but he's a fringe NFL player and we're a hard team for a guy like that to play on. Even if the Bills knew for sure that he was a good player, where would he play? Not in the top 3 and probably not above Shakir. That makes him 5th WR at absolute best and he may even be behind Crowder making him 6th. There's just no room for a guy like him on a team like this. Hopefully he gets a shot elsewhere.

Seriously guys, we didn't lose that game to New England because of just one thing.  If it had simply been a very windy day and that was all, we would have won.  If our run defense just had a bad day at the office and that was all, we would have won.  If Daboll slapped the handcuffs on our best offensive player and that was all, we would have won.  It took all of those things to manufacture a loss to an inferior opponent.

(I do really mean "inferior opponent" by the way.  It brings me lots of joy to say this, but there is a very large talent gap between us and New England, as our subsequent back-to-back no-punt blowouts showed.)  

That game was just a deeply weird game where lots of things went wrong and we still had chances to pull it out in the fourth quarter.  Blaming it on just one thing misses out on how many things had to go sideways for us to take that loss.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.