Old time TBD posters returning - another byproduct of Bills success

Pete

13 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

How is that working out?

I was about to say you!  The originator of a few thoughts in no particular order.  The hero of the draught years!  Required reading to deal with the mediocre team just watched

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

I do not believe this is true.

I think this is her still active Twitter account

Thanks. I'm very happy to hear that. I'm not sure where I got that idea, but I thought I read it on this forum.  But like I said, early onset dementia is my guess. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/21/2022 at 6:59 PM, Einstein said:

Visit the Chiefs board when you have a chance. That place is like the wild west.

Wyo started on Buffalo Range for like a decade, then moved on to BBMB during the big purge of 2010. He may have been on the Zone for a little while, but I haven’t seen him since BBMB closed. 

Wyo is a "she." I was a longtime BBMB member, since the early 2000s. She, Robyn, was an important voice there, IF we're talking about the same poster, of course. I've only been on this board since BBMB shut down, so I could be missing important context.

I really think this is an ELITE sports message board. Difficult to compare eras, as we all know, AND I wasn't a member here during the drought, so my experiences on the BBMB comprise an incredibly challenging 10-15 years of moderator nightmare. There were more negative crusaders over there, naturally, given the on-field futility. (But maybe also the management here works to keep discussions productive?)

Did I need a reference to join this board after the BBMB shut down? I feel like someone reached out and invited me to check out this board.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Wyo is a "she." I was a longtime BBMB member, since the early 2000s. She, Robyn, was an important voice there, IF we're talking about the same poster, of course. I've only been on this board since BBMB shut down, so I could be missing important context.

I really think this is an ELITE sports message board. Difficult to compare eras, as we all know, AND I wasn't a member here during the drought, so my experiences on the BBMB comprise an incredibly challenging 10-15 years of moderator nightmare. There were more negative crusaders over there, naturally, given the on-field futility. (But maybe also the management here works to keep discussions productive?)

Did I need a reference to join this board after the BBMB shut down? I feel like someone reached out and invited me to check out this board.  

I don’t think that was here. There is (or at least was) another message bots like that. I know that a few posters from here had migrated over there and recruited some others. I don’t remember what it was called. 

On 8/21/2022 at 1:19 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

It's striking how much better this message board is than most other NFL ones. Occasionally I'll check one to see the fans' reaction after a big trade/signing and they're either inactive or incredibly toxic. The mods do a very good job of keeping this messge board above board.

Yeah ive gotten a good spanking or two for being out of line a time or two on here... 🙃

On 8/21/2022 at 5:59 PM, Einstein said:

Visit the Chiefs board when you have a chance. That place is like the wild west.

I joined the Chiefs board to troll them after we beat KC in the regular season last year.  It only took me a couple days to get banned.

Nominating Andy Reid for Father of the Year did the trick.  They didn't like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/21/2022 at 7:54 PM, Einstein said:

We are either thinking of different people, or I never realized in the 20 years I read their posts that it was a woman.

The WYO I know ran a business called WyoWings where he/she sold their barbecue sauces.

I don't think that was the "Wyo" from BBMB. 

On 8/22/2022 at 12:55 AM, Comebackkid said:

This wyo was an  older woman who I believe was a retired school teacher.

This is the "wyo" from BBMB.  Her name was Robyn.  Her official screen name was WyoBillzFan or WyoBilzFan, and she was a retired nurse living in Wyoming who grew up in the Southtowns.   She was a mod for a while IIRC.

18 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I would be interested why members changed their names? 

Seems very suspicious to me :flirt:

I changed my name when BBMB closed down.  Nothing suspicious about it.  I just decided I liked to identify with my particular part of "God's Country".

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I joined the Chiefs board to troll them after we beat KC in the regular season last year.  It only took me a couple days to get banned.

Nominating Andy Reid for Father of the Year did the trick.  They didn't like that.

I used to troll Finheaven and GangGreen, but trolling just doesn't have the same allure any more.  While I admit that I still do enjoy seeing the Fish and the Jests get spanked with regularity by most of the NFL's good teams, and especially by the Bills, I don't get much satisfaction dissing obviously inferior teams on their own turf.   I guess having a real football team changes your perspective.  Now, I'd rather watch the Bills likely rivals to see how/what they're doing than to insult the fans of bottom feeder teams.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve never posted a lot, with the possible exception of the epic “LOST” episode threads on OTW, but I’ve been around on the SDS-led boards since the D&C days, probably 25 years(?). Geez, when you say it like that… a quarter century! 😲

RRich

___inOhio (?) who used to wish us Merry Natal Anniversary on our birthdays — a phrase I’ve taken up on the FB as a way to break up the strings of plain ol’ “Happy Birthday.” I think someone asked about him once and someone said he’d passed.

Lori

AiO

ajzepp, who I’m FB friends with, but he hasn’t been active on that either 😕. Hope he’s OK.

tgreg

VABills

I think Crap Throwing Monkey was DCTom’s alter ego. 😋 He and Alaska Darin mostly kept to the dark side of the site, PPP.

I even — just a little tiny bit, mind you, miss ICE and his Boomer Sooners and whatever was “giving [him] the red ass” that day/week.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, UConn James said:

I’ve never posted a lot, with the possible exception of the epic “LOST” episode threads on OTW, but I’ve been around on the SDS-led boards since the D&C days, probably 25 years(?).

RRich

___inOhio (?) who used to wish us Merry Natal Anniversary on our birthdays — a phrase I’ve taken up on the FB as a way to break up the strings of plain ol’ “Happy Birthday.” I think someone asked about him once and someone said he’d passed.

Lori

AiO

ajzepp, who I’m FB friends with, but he hasn’t been active on that either 😕. Hope he’s OK.

tgreg

VABills

I think Crap Throwing Monkey was DCTom’s alter ego. 😋 He and Alaska Darin mostly kept to the dark side of the site, PPP.

I even — just a little tiny bit, mind you, miss ICE and his Boomer Sooners and whatever was “giving [him] the red ass” that day/week.

R.Rich is a moderator here if it's the same guy. Crap and Darin are on another Bills board.

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You rang??

lol.

That D and C site was just  me and doc by its end, I think.  LOL

I think I was there near the end as well. 

I miss posting the Daily Babe pictures 

thats not allowed 🚫 here as freely 😝 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.