Bills -Broncos Post Game Thread Week 2 Preseason

muppy

"You get six touchdowns on six drives, obviously nobody did good. So we have to evaluate the group as a whole. We have to tackle better. We have to hold the point better. Everything," Hackett said. "Obviously, our defense didn't play good enough. The offense didn't play good enough, especially in the beginning. But that's why we do this."

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

"You get six touchdowns on six drives, obviously nobody did good. So we have to evaluate the group as a whole. We have to tackle better. We have to hold the point better. Everything," Hackett said. "Obviously, our defense didn't play good enough. The offense didn't play good enough, especially in the beginning. But that's why we do this."

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

"They're RBs ALL ran so well, and none needed to puke"!

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The only negative was the 1st team DL being unable to create consistent pressure against Denver's 2nd team OL. Hopefully they were just shaking off rust and missing Von Miller. Rousseau is already an excellent run defender but we really need him to be more a consistent pass rusher to justify the 1st round pick.

Meanwhile KC and Mahomes look like they haven't missed a beat with Tyreek Hill gone. Another playoff matchup against them feels inevitable. The pass rush will need to show up in that one.

They looked to be getting tons of pressure.  The Broncos QBs just kept dumping it off quick just to get rid of it before a sack.  Can't do much when you have 0.8 seconds to get to the QB before they panic and dump it off.  I call that a win.

17 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I guess they are effective due to the color and size.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NFL_Sideline_Television_Coordinators.jpg

Thank you. Would never have guessed that... 

21 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I'm am pretty certain it's for signalling when TV timeouts are...so the refs can see.

Thank you

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Again, top to bottom, this team is so well prepared.  Everyone knows his job, and they do a good job executing.   

I wish we'd seen the first team against theirs, but that's one of the things that is not so satisfying about preseason.  In control two-team scrimmages, the coaches can get the matchups on the field that they want.

Keenum still has work to do, calling plays and getting the team out of the huddle.  Allen does it flawlessly, Keenum's clearly still learning.  

Your first line there echo my sentiments quite a bit with how I felt after this game. The offense just seems to operate so smoothly and with a lot of confidence. I mean, when things are rolling the way they’re supposed to, they’re great…and then when the play breaks down, it’s even better sometimes. You can tell Allen and the WR group have great chemistry. They see Josh moving around to avoid pressure and they instantly know where to go and try to get open for him and if he spots them it’s a 35 yard laser beam for a TD. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.