JA’s contract continues to look better with each new QB contract

BillsFan619

“The deal is already looking more and more like a bargain for the Buffalo Bills before the quarterback has even begun playing the years in that extension as he is playing this season in the final year of his rookie contract.”

Mad props to Beane for getting this deal done at the right time even when some were worried if 2020 was just an anomaly.

Also mad props to JA for having the drive, desire and worth ethic to already make his extension look like a bargain, one he hasn’t even gotten paid for yet.

https://buffalowdown.com/2022/07/21/josh-allen-extension-bargain-buffalo-bills/amp/

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 11

6 minutes ago, BTB said:

Exactly this. All about timing more so than GM brilliance. 

But Beane did do it a little earlier than he had to.   There was some risk when he did it, so Beane deserves credit for it in my book.  I wish he had locked up Knox too, that price tag just keeps going up.

• Like (+1) 2

The OP makes it sound a little like Allen got rolled by Beane.  I think he realized he's going to be fabulously wealthy for the rest of his life, and to squeeze every last penny would make it harder for the Bills to maintain a strong team around him.  He wants to be rich AND he wants to win.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I just wish it had more years. 6 years isn't enough. Really hope he stays longer than that. 

Well it was a 6 year extension to his rookie deal that included in the 5th year team option, ie. 6 years starting after this season.  We have him locked in through the 2028 season.

• Like (+1) 2

This news is some evidence that the NFL is getting back pre-COVID normal operations.   Pre-COVID it happened all the time - rich contract today looks lousy five years from now.   It's why teams can always seem to have enough room to move around.   Bills feel constrained by Allen contract now, but by comparison to others three years from now, Bills will be spending relatively less on a QB and able to spread some money around.  

This is how well run teams do things, they are proactive, the GM and his staff are constantly working out of the spot light to make things happen in a useful fashion in the future, it is not just a right now league, it’s a right now, tomorrow and the next five years league.  If your GM isn’t doing things this way he’s an under-performer, and will hamstring his team in short order. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

The OP makes it sound a little like Allen got rolled by Beane.  I think he realized he's going to be fabulously wealthy for the rest of his life, and to squeeze every last penny would make it harder for the Bills to maintain a strong team around him.  He wants to be rich AND he wants to win.  

Don't hate on me, but Tom Brady like. 🤞🙏 Love him or hate him, but that was Brady's MO.

We'd be pretty damn happy with one Josh or..... 7 😀

Josh Allen continues to look better BECAUSE he IS better. 

This trend of overpaying the teams best player because it’s “the market value” is dangerous.

If that overinflated bubble doesn't burst

Jimmy Garoppolo anyone? 

It waters down the NFL. 

The $ saved could have improved 2 or 3 other positions of need that could have made that difference. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.