JA’s contract continues to look better with each new QB contract

BillsFan619

9 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Bingo!

Gissele has more career earnings than Tom does.  By a comfortable margin.  He had the luxury of not needing to maximize his salary.

This gets mentioned often but I don't get it at all. So Brady earning $20M+ (or whatever) doesn't need to chase every penny but any other QB has to since their wives do not make $40M?

In what world isn't $100M+ or whatever these QBs made (or $300M+ these young guys will make) not enough for generations of their families?

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

“The deal is already looking more and more like a bargain for the Buffalo Bills before the quarterback has even begun playing the years in that extension as he is playing this season in the final year of his rookie contract.”

Mad props to Beane for getting this deal done at the right time even when some were worried if 2020 was just an anomaly.

Also mad props to JA for having the drive, desire and worth ethic to already make his extension look like a bargain, one he hasn’t even gotten paid for yet.

https://buffalowdown.com/2022/07/21/josh-allen-extension-bargain-buffalo-bills/amp/

The only problem is that if JA17 continues his ascent, is he going to be content with the current contract especially if he keeps seeing other QB's that are perceived as not quite as good getting more money??

Is he going to be willing to do Brady type of discounts/team friendly extensions to stay in the championship picture most years?

Just some food for thought for those doing victory laps and patting Beane on the back at present...

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The only problem is that if JA17 continues his ascent, is he going to be content with the current contract especially if he keeps seeing other QB's that are perceived as not quite as good getting more money??

Is he going to be willing to do Brady type of discounts/team friendly extensions to stay in the championship picture most years?

Just some food for thought for those doing victory laps and patting Beane on the back at present...

Do you really think that Josh/his agent - or Beane - didn't realize this was going to happen?  Common man.

Beane deserves every pat on the back he gets.

7 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

This gets mentioned often but I don't get it at all. So Brady earning $20M+ (or whatever) doesn't need to chase every penny but any other QB has to since their wives do not make $40M?

In what world isn't $100M+ or whatever these QBs made (or $300M+ these young guys will make) not enough for generations of their families?

So I could be completely misconstruing what you are saying, but why shouldn’t these guys push for as much money as they can make? I get it, 100+ million dollars is an amazing amount of money and is definitely generational money, but if the economics dictates that they can make more, shouldn’t they? Where should the money go then?

as fans we cheer for the team, so obviously we want to see the players take discounts so the team can keep more of the good players since the top guys are making more money than most of us can dream of, but these players need to treat this as a business because that’s what the owners and front office personnel treat this as. We want the players to take the huge risk physically, but not be fairly compensated for it

Edited by Ya Digg?

7 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

John Cena answered this question a few years ago. He called Taiwan a country and the Chinese government didn’t like that. At the time his net worth was $51M. John Cena apologized to China because he was worried about his future earnings. So the answer of how much wealth is enough is at least more than $51M (add 9% for inflation). 

On 7/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, BillsFan619 said:

“The deal is already looking more and more like a bargain for the Buffalo Bills before the quarterback has even begun playing the years in that extension as he is playing this season in the final year of his rookie contract.”

Mad props to Beane for getting this deal done at the right time even when some were worried if 2020 was just an anomaly.

Also mad props to JA for having the drive, desire and worth ethic to already make his extension look like a bargain, one he hasn’t even gotten paid for yet.

https://buffalowdown.com/2022/07/21/josh-allen-extension-bargain-buffalo-bills/amp/

Definitely.

But if Allen continues playing as he has, that deal will be re-worked at some point and his money will be back at/near the top of the league.

Beane and McDermott need all the credit in the world here.   They developed a team first culture, and drafted guys with that mentality. 

Josh's contract looks good because the guys at both ends of the deal were not just looking out for #1.    Its why Josh's contract wasn't a media head line, and why he wasn't taking to social media to say pay me.

That said, what were the Cards supposed to do here?   Murray isn't a top 5 guy in the league but he isn't a bad player and someone has to play QB for them.   

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes had it correct and I think Josh too. They both signed generational wealth deals. JA can keep reasonable team deal, then team win, and then even make more endorsements because he won (with team friendly deal). 

Once you have $5M for each parent, sibling, kids…you look to other life needs like SB and OLINE so you can walk as a senior. Josh and Pat both know this and won’t let ego get in the way

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Mahomes had it correct and I think Josh too. They both signed generational wealth deals. JA can keep reasonable team deal, then team win, and then even make more endorsements because he won (with team friendly deal). 

Once you have $5M for each parent, sibling, kids…you look to other life needs like SB and OLINE so you can walk as a senior. Josh and Pat both know this and won’t let ego get in the way

Agree.  What is often missed with these franchise QB contracts is the large amount of money that can be invested every year.

While these guys are playing there is no way they have the time to spend anywhere near the amount of money they make.

You are also correct about the EGO thing.  It's what makes some of these guys want to hold out for a few bucks more to be the top paid guy.

Using your $5M comment.  When Josh has a kid and if he would put away $5M when born getting a modest 7% return on that investment.

His kid would have about $25M when he graduates college.  Put another way.  His kid upon graduating is already generating $1.75M just in capital gains

per year.

• Like (+1) 1

I seriously can't believe the Murray contract. Now Lamar has a serious argument to get paid even more.

At some point before his contract is up we are going to have to increase Josh's money a lot, I just hope it won't be for at least a few years. I don't think he's the type to force OBD's hand too quickly because I think he believes his status is determined by his play on the field and Lombardis more than the size of his wallet.

If I’m Josh, I made a contract deal with GM. Put X% higher than NFL $ into my OLINE/RB for my benefit/health in exchange for merely “top QB 15” on 6 yrs avg. est.

A healthy Josh will make more $ endorsements in yr 4 (and can walk at 60), than a broke man with ego. JA is not an egomaniac, thank god. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, benderbender said:

John Cena answered this question a few years ago. He called Taiwan a country and the Chinese government didn’t like that. At the time his net worth was $51M. John Cena apologized to China because he was worried about his future earnings. So the answer of how much wealth is enough is at least more than $51M (add 9% for inflation). 

Or he’s a stooge who bowed to china 

I can make $51 million last For Generations of my family easily cause I’m fiscally conservative

20 hours ago, Since1981 said:

If I’m Josh, I made a contract deal with GM. Put X% higher than NFL $ into my OLINE/RB for my benefit/health in exchange for merely “top QB 15” on 6 yrs avg. est.

A healthy Josh will make more $ endorsements in yr 4 (and can walk at 60), than a broke man with ego. JA is not an egomaniac, thank god. 

what endorsements? I haven't seen too many national commercials featuring him. West Herr Ford with Tasker probably not paying too much

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.