Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Def hasn’t been true to the “got to get Josh the help he needs” comments though.😅

A trade up for a RB is almost as bad as picking a LB or safety for me.

Yeah extended Diggs, re-sign McKenzie, sign Jamison Crowder, sign G Rodger Saffold-, re-signed Bates., Tried to sign McKissic, we've totally neglected him this off-season.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

And ...

We drafted two DEs first last year, this isnt the old NFL anymore. Its QBs, WRs, CBs and DEs that are the premier positions in the NFL.

Depends i guess he could be there at our spot.

Dont be surprised if we go corner again.

I bet we dont, we signed so many Olinemen that its not a need and beane has not really put a premium on this position.

Depends on who is available.   I just remember Beane emphasizing that they need to protect Josh better. 

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Also.. G, MLB and S aren’t exactly premium positions.  

To everyone so worried about Saffold, Edmunds and Poyer all being off the team after this year, ok… We can draft a MLB, G and S with our Top 100 picks next year.  

Why do we need to give these positions all a redshirt year?

Draft guys tonight who will contribute.  

We draft at the end of the 2nd round. We’re no longer in “premium” pick territory. And depth OL and LB could definitely contribute by rotating in and out. How many different permutations of the oline did we see last year due to injury?

Epenesa and Basham couldn’t get on the field because they stink. Not because of lack of room.

Def hasn’t been true to the “got to get Josh the help he needs” comments though.😅

A trade up for a RB is almost as bad as picking a LB or safety for me…. WR, OL or bust IMO… I hate the WR depth currently on this team.

I view Hall a bit differently than you, given his speed & pass catching ability, but any other RB in RD2 would require me talking myself into it. 

Beane has given Allen talent on Offense but it seems like it’s starting to become the bare minimum to say he’s done so…

We upgraded one spot on the OL via a 1 year deal vet. 

We upgraded slot with a 1 year vet. 

Upgraded TE2 with a 1 year deal player. 

Meanwhile a decent outside depth WR is no longer on the roster in Sanders and we played some musical chairs with 1 year deal OL depth players. 

We have upgraded the Offense, I truly believe that, but it’s the bare minimum we could’ve done so far and we only have two reliable outside WR’s currently on the roster. 

14 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Have a feeling we trade AJ Epenensa plus a pick and grab Hall, and keep our original 2nd for o-line help. Our d-line room is crowded and I feel AJ won’t see the field much.

who is going to give up a pick for a backup DL?

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

We draft at the end of the 2nd round. We’re no longer in “premium” pick territory. And depth OL and LB could definitely contribute by rotating in and out. How many different permutations of the oline did we see last year due to injury?

Epenesa and Basham couldn’t get on the field because they stink. Not because of lack of room.

Don’t worry Allen will do it all… Turn Kumerow or Stevenson into a stud if Diggs or Davis miss time/need a breather and provide the running threat for the offense with Singletary and the JAG’s. 

We definitely need more help for the Defense.  A billion dollars and RD1/RD2 picks everywhere still needs more investment. 

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I can't complain with the selection of Elam. 

2nd round?  Cody Ford 2.0 coming up.  

2nd round has been be a thorn in the Bills side. Ford, Epenesa have been disappointing and Boogie didn’t show much last year on limited snaps. Lots of good players available though. 

Edited by CapeBreton

And my problem with Hall is a WR moved the needle for this teams strengths A LOT more than a RB. 

Perhaps, but we’ve also never had a RB like Hall with Allen.  

Given a choice, yes I’d rather have one of the top RD2 WR’s over Hall.. agreed. 

That said, Hall as a pseudo-slot for Allen’s check downs against the 2 deep Safety look could be a game changer. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The minute Davis or Diggs go down this offense will evolve into a run based, clock control offense…. Maybe that’s what McD wants.

Why do you post crap like this?

The top 6 WRs were off the board when the Bills traded up to get the last player for whom they had a 1st round grade.  Yep, that signifies they want to dumb down the offense and play 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust football!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

My dream pick in the 2nd round is Alec Pierce. I would also be happy with Calvin Austin or the best OL left on the board when we pick. I'm good with Breece Hall if he makes it to 57 although I doubt he will. I'm not saying 100% no to a defensive player but would rather take offense now.

I could not see any record of the Bills having shown any interest in him, which is weird to me.  Elite traits (RAS 9.9+), good hands, effective blocker, engineering degree in 3 1/2 years, was only a 3 star recruit with mostly MAC offers that worked his way up depth chart at Cincinnati.  6'3". 210 lbs. with a 40" vertical is a crazy tough matchup for a DB.  I saw him dinged for not having much YAC but when I watched the number of catches he made where he had to slow down and adjust his route, turn into the defender and go up and get the ball, often for a TD, that's all the explanation I needed as to why.  There were nearly a dozen or so catches like that.  Not many smoke or bubble screens in his highlights.  He was more likely a blocker for those plays. 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed they can… and no they haven’t ignored it for Allen, but they have clearly prioritized defense and defensive depth over those playmakers.

Teams are infinitely better at the position… I think the Bills are middle of the pack at playmakers outside as it stands now. 

and as it stands now. The Bills are still the SB favorites. And their QB still the MVP favorite 

Edited by MAJBobby

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The minute Davis or Diggs go down this offense will evolve into a run based, clock control offense…. Maybe that’s what McD wants.

You are so damn dramatic....my god.  

15 minutes ago, eball said:

Why do you post crap like this?

The top 6 WRs were off the board when the Bills traded up to get the last player for whom they had a 1st round grade.  Yep, that signifies they want to dumb down the offense and play 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust football!

He would rather us reach and take the 7th best WR than improve our hole on defense.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.