Happy 4th Anniversary Buffalo Bills fans!

Chandler#81

37 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Looks like I answered my own question.  Take this article for what it's worth.  It says the Jets wanted Mayfield and then Darnold, but fully expected to get Mayfield.  Says the Bills wanted nothing to do with Rosen, but doesn't say if Allen was their #1.  Now, there's been leaks of the Bills draft board that indicates Allen was their top choice all along

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/sam-darnold-nfl-draft-2018-jets-josh-allen-lamar-jackson/ky6wa5313a0t19k9o8i02wt4j

Allen was the Bills’ top choice. They knew the Giants were not taking a QB and they knew the Jets were not taking Allen. Their only fear (and it was a legitimate one) was that the Browns would choose Allen. When that didn’t happen, Beane knew he just had to stay ahead of the Cardinals. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It's kind of crazy to think about all the moves Beane made well in advance to get the draft capital to be able to make moves - then the determination and moves before and during the draft to be in the position to get the guy they wanted

• Awesome! (+1) 1

One of the happiest Bills days of my life!!!  Loved being interviewed by local TV in Rochester at the Distillery about the pick and the having co workers and friends breaking my balls about it.  I got the last laugh and continue to laugh!!!  And laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Maybe they are but at that point in time, they only needed to be smarter than six other GM's.  I'm certainly glad they were.  This also eventually shutdown the "we could have had Mahomes crowd".

I have to admit, I wasn’t pissed at the JA pick but I WAS part of the WCHHM crowd😵💫

I stopped drinking that cool aid two years ago and I’m a new man since.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The lead up to the draft was ridiculous for multiple reasons.  First, there were people here screaming about how McBeane had to do something after the Jets traded up to 3.  And then there was the arguments for and against each QB.

Nice to say that now, there was nothing to worry about.  It all worked out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

how many organizations are kicking themselves for not really knowing how high a ceiling QB pick that Josh Allen really was...........its an amazing story in itself his rise to the NFL

If you pay attention to #17's interview  Josh Allen spoke the truth and has  backed up talk with ACTIONS....accomplished everything short of a lombardi trophy during his tenure to date with Buffalo as our franchise QB........This occurring has been nothing short of a dream come true for me as a fan. Im buckled IN. Worked out oh yes and then some 🙂

🙂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Looks like I answered my own question.  Take this article for what it's worth.  It says the Jets wanted Mayfield and then Darnold, but fully expected to get Mayfield.  Says the Bills wanted nothing to do with Rosen, but doesn't say if Allen was their #1.  Now, there's been leaks of the Bills draft board that indicates Allen was their top choice all along

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/sam-darnold-nfl-draft-2018-jets-josh-allen-lamar-jackson/ky6wa5313a0t19k9o8i02wt4j

The Bills clearly did their research on Rosen being a high maintenance premadonna. Mora had nothing but conflict with him. I don't think it mattered where Baker landed. His size and attitude was always going to hurt him. I thought Darnold was a sure thing. The "USC qb going pro" mess continues.

The Bills clearly did their research on Rosen being a high maintenance premadonna. Mora had nothing but conflict with him. I don't think it mattered where Baker landed. His size and attitude was always going to hurt him. I thought Darnold was a sure thing. The "USC qb going pro" mess continues.

Seeing that list of QB's starting since JK was painful.  It's amazing how it's all turned around now

I think we really owe the Browns a big thank you.  The Jets were locked in on Darnold, but Mayfield was a surprise going #1.  Had the Browns gone anyone besides Mayfield, who knows how it would have played out.

I'd be very curious to know what the Jets draft board looked like

Jets fans have been trying to figure it out for years

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

The lead up to the draft was ridiculous for multiple reasons.  First, there were people here screaming about how McBeane had to do something after the Jets traded up to 3.  And then there was the arguments for and against each QB.

Nice to say that now, there was nothing to worry about.  It all worked out. 

Yes, we had to trade up to 2 with the Giants, to ensure that we got Darnold…

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

On my TBD anniversary no less.  Woooo!  I’m obv good luck. 

You’ve been here 20 years today?  You’re obv………………..getting old!   :)

Wait. I’m older than you, so you must have joined as a child. Yeah, that’s the ticket! 

I freely admit I would have gotten this wrong based on what little I had seen of his college play. I was afraid he’d be another EJ. This is why we pay professionals and let them do their jobs! I am THRILLED to be THIS WRONG! 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.