Bills eyeing Gilmore…Hmmmm 🤔

Scorp83

Gilmore has one playing trait that I never liked… after every great play, he immediately searches for the official and looks to see if a flag will be thrown. He still does that. It makes him look like he just committed a penalty. He should let the play stand on its own. That’s always rubbed me the wrong way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Greatest head coach of all time that hasn't won a playoff game without Tom Brady*.

Look, another asterisk in NE.

You’re forgetting about that playoff game/super bowl in which his defense slowed down the greatest show on snow and stole a Lombardi from us.  Oh yeah…he wasn’t the head coach.  

how many Super Bowls has Parcells won without Belichick?  

the notion he’s only good because of Brady is one of the worst takes in sports. 

If you don’t think he’s the best ever, I get it…..but he’s one of the best football minds ever. There is no doubt 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

per Spotrac for the top 51 the Bills have 

$3,698,532

and they need how much for the rookie pool?

As I said, I don’t think we can afford him, but we all know there are ways to make space by kicking the can down the road. I don’t even claim to have an idea when it comes to the cap and what the best path might be. That is where I have to trust in Beane, and while not perfect, he has earned my trust. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The problem is that he is going to cost 5-8M a year.  The Bills don't have that kind of cap space anymore without further restructuring.   

We can have as much cap space as we want to kick down the line. We can restructure several players.  We can extend Diggs and edmunds.

Idk how much he’s gonna be, but I would love to sign him for 5-6M.  If that’s the cost, we should make it happen imo.  Now.  He’s not the player he was…..but he’s light years better than Dane Jackson.  

i just think that Beane is going to sign A vet corner before the draft.  That player will likely cost 2-6M.  I don’t mind kicking a few mill down the road for a guy like gilmore.

for the record….I wasn’t a fan of the guy as a bill.  I thought he was a helluva player, but it always seemed like he didn’t wanna be here.  We weren’t a contender, had crappy QBs and losing isn’t for everyone.  I’ve never been a NFL superstar playing on a middle of the road teams. Not sure how I’d take it.  Neither does anyone here.  That said, I need me a super bowl and adding Gilmore would allow us to make big moves in the draft to add playmakers.  Sign me up for that.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I really hope this doesn’t come to fruition. The guy is injury prone, will cost too much, and thinks way too much of himself. 

I am not going to be able to tolerate all his “looking around to blame others” looks all game too. 

Outside from BR and some tweets from his wife, one which totally dismissed it, I highly doubt there’s anything here. If there was, we would have seen a Sal tweet by now.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Who cares how he left, he was a kid stuck on a bad bills team. We all have been young men with giant egos. At least he worked hard and went on to back it up as dpoty. He 100% makes our defense better the second he walks through the door, so for that I'm in.

Everything I have seen from Gilmore is a play for pay mentality. Now every professional has that to some degree, but you can also play with heart. I don’t see much heart from Gilmore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Same argument applies.  I tend to think of their decision making often times as one in the same.

That’s a fair point, but based on what I’ve heard about it, I suspect that even if Beane and the Pegulas were OK with keeping him and willing to make him the highest paid defender in history, McD would have vetoed any possibility of re-signing Gilmore. And it had noting to do with scheme fit as Gilmore can play zone schemes as well as man coverage. McD didn’t want him on the team. Full stop.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

i don't care for him, but if the price is right, do it. 

A guy I work with is a real douche. I do not like him at all, but he is good at what he does. If Gilmore can come in and perform close to his peak and can embrace the culture then why not! 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Some people don’t want Gilmore?? Lol. What in the world? 

Right about now I want the SB so bad that devil him self can come and play CB2 

• Like (+1) 1

Gilmore isn’t coming here. Some team will pay him 7-9 million and Beane isn’t looking to pay that much for a vet corner. I don’t care about his perceived “attitude”, 2017 was a long time ago and people grow. If we could get him on a below-market deal I’d be all in. Our safeties like to tackle so Gilmore won’t have to.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

Taron Johnson changed his number from 24 to 7.  Gilmore was 24 while in Buffalo.   Gilmore to Buffalo confirmed 

I am envisioning some old Flutopians re-plating their old jerseys and then realizing after the fact what they've done. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.