Let’s not act like Tua is some scrub

bubba2018

I said many times that Tua has no tools that make him unique or special. I gave him a lot of crap. With that being said, I think he's made considerable progress from when he started to where he is now. He's improved considerably, but I still think his ceiling isn't terribly high.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, recovery96 said:

There is a chance he makes a reasonable jump this year. Anyone who is writing the Dolphins off are naive. Are they the class of the AFC? No, but they will be vastly improved and will strongly compete for a playoff spot.

Ahh, so I see you have lapsed in your recovery. Seek help.

Tua is not a good QB and he never will be. He may be a good backup one day, though.

Have you seen a single thing from him, even a single play, that made you think he could one day be an elite player? I certainly haven't.

It doesn't mean the Dolphins can't be a good team with him. They can. But it sure makes it tough to get through the playoffs without an elite QB.

Tua might some day be as good as Marcus Mariota. They will be competing for the same backup jobs next season.

Pats, Dolphins, Jets all have similar QB situations but it's like they are competing at the JV level. It's really not comparable to anything we are doing. They say you shouldn't look past anyone but I'm totally looking past everyone in the AFC East and for good reason

23 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not sure how that defense is gonna fare without Flores if I'm honest. Not sure why, but it seems like Allen plays some of his best ball against the fins

Allen is the Dolphins Daddy.

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Tua might some day be as good as Marcus Mariota. They will be competing for the same backup jobs next season.

Pats, Dolphins, Jets all have similar QB situations but it's like they are competing at the JV level. It's really not comparable to anything we are doing. They say you shouldn't look past anyone but I'm totally looking past everyone in the AFC East and for good reason

Jets are the only team that could possibly threaten us long-term. Wilson has the physical gifts to be close to Allen, but he has a long way to go to put it all together. 

Got better towards the end of the year but was brutal for most of it so that isn't saying much.

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I respect Miami's team as i think they have a good roster.

But I just don't see it in Tua.

Can he get better and "guide" Miami to the playoffs? Sure.

But I don't see them passing the big boys (bills. chiefs) when it is all said and done.

Tua will never be the reason the Dolphins win. He can't take over a game like Allen can. He will need a lot of help.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Tua will never be the reason the Dolphins win. He can't take over a game like Allen can. He will need a lot of help.

Yes I agree. I meant the word "guide" as a "game manager". Probably the wrong choice of word on my end