Is Bulaga a realistic target?

GreggTX

It seems like he would be out of reach.  I don't expect to see him in Bills blue. Still, I have to wonder if a 1 year prove it deal might be tempting. The Chargers released him and he's still out there. He's been pretty banged up these past 2 years, but if we showed him just a little love, it might sway his loyalty if he can get back into playing shape. We certainly could use him if he ever returns to form. Maybe he'd move inside if Brown becomes starter-worthy. Right now, I see the entire right side of the OL as a huge question mark. I know we couldn't afford to pay him as well as the Chargers did, but you never know. If a couple recent draft picks become solid players, we could go with more rookie contracts and save enough to keep one more solid (healthy?) veteran OL.

How crazy is that idea? I don't see it happening, but Beane has certainly surprised us before. It's a nice thought anyways.

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

It seems like he would be out of reach.  I don't expect to see him in Bills blue. Still, I have to wonder if a 1 year prove it deal might be tempting. The Chargers released him and he's still out there. He's been pretty banged up these past 2 years, but if we showed him just a little love, it might sway his loyalty if he can get back into playing shape. We certainly could use him if he ever returns to form. Maybe he'd move inside if Brown becomes starter-worthy. Right now, I see the entire right side of the OL as a huge question mark. I know we couldn't afford to pay him as well as the Chargers did, but you never know. If a couple recent draft picks become solid players, we could go with more rookie contracts and save enough to keep one more solid (healthy?) veteran OL.

How crazy is that idea? I don't see it happening, but Beane has certainly surprised us before. It's a nice thought anyways.

I hate to break it to ya, but like...Brown started 10 games last year. We cut Williams. Unless Tommy Doyle starts eating raw liver  shooting trenbolone with Liver King, Spencer Brown is our starting RT.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’ll admit I don’t follow offensive linemen very much but hasn’t Bulaga been hurt basically every year he’s been in the league? I feel like the only times I’ve ever heard his name is injury related. As for him signing here I would prefer they went the younger route. We just brought back Kromer, I’d rather give him coachable kids who haven’t peaked yet. 

• Agree 1

I dont know why this is so hard for people to understand

When you are paying huge contracts to certain players (Josh on one side/Von miller on the other) you are going to have to draft well and PLAY those players

Cannot make your team up of free agents......and doing it doesnt gurantee success anyway.   Buffalo already has shelled out a lot more in free agent contracts then i thought they would

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well... I see he just turned 33 so get him in here...

16 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Still, I have to wonder if a 1 year prove it deal might be tempting.

And what will he then do if he "proves" it?

Retire maybe I guess

Edited by Aussie Joe

46 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Dude.  Spencer Brown started 10 games last year.   Line was better when he was in there, worse when he was out. 

Brown is The Man To Beat as our RT starter unless he regresses, gets injured (avert - back injury always a worry), or Tommy Doyle falls through a Wrinkle in Time and emerges as the Reincarnation of Forrest Gregg, Spencer "Too Tall" Brown is our starting right tackle.

Second, when Beane says we're pretty well right at the cap and we're looking forward to the draft, Believe Him.

We may sign a few more "vet minimum" guys where the guy we sign bumps ~= amount of cap out of the top 51.

It's not inconceiveable that we make a trade if someone comes along with a deal that makes sense for us.

But otherwise, when Beane says we're right at the cap and we're done, We're Done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

I missed this part since I I didn't read past the thread title of this beauty. After seeing the bold I can't take you serious 

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

No. Watch Beane's press conference and interviews on One Bills Drive and the Pat McAfee show today. We cannot afford anymore deals outside of the Matt Barkley, Marquel Lee, Duke Johnson, Greg Mancz level after everything we've done this offseason. We're bargain bin shopping and in on the Draft now.

Jamison Crowder enters the chat …

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I hate to break it to ya, but like...Brown started 10 games last year. We cut Williams. Unless Tommy Doyle starts eating raw liveshooting trenbolone with Liver King, Spencer Brown is our starting RT.

This is how players throw weights at other members, smash their Ferraris with golf clubs, and threaten to cut off their deceased family members heads lol

Just. Say. No. (Test's chill though)

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude.  Spencer Brown started 10 games last year.   Line was better when he was in there, worse when he was out. 

Brown is The Man To Beat as our RT starter unless he regresses, gets injured (avert - back injury always a worry), or Tommy Doyle falls through a Wrinkle in Time and emerges as the Reincarnation of Forrest Gregg, Spencer "Too Tall" Brown is our starting right tackle.

Second, when Beane says we're pretty well right at the cap and we're looking forward to the draft, Believe Him.

We may sign a few more "vet minimum" guys where the guy we sign bumps ~= amount of cap out of the top 51.

It's not inconceiveable that we make a trade if someone comes along with a deal that makes sense for us.

But otherwise, when Beane says we're right at the cap and we're done, We're Done.

And then appeared.. Jamison Crowder...

Beane speaks with forked tongue

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ll admit I don’t follow offensive linemen very much but hasn’t Bulaga been hurt basically every year he’s been in the league? I feel like the only times I’ve ever heard his name is injury related. As for him signing here I would prefer they went the younger route. We just brought back Kromer, I’d rather give him coachable kids who haven’t peaked yet. 

Hurt is hard to qualify since "all players play hurt".

13 playoff games all with Packers.th start

Bills MIGHT be able to sign him as a swing tackle allowing how to get both his body and reputation in shape with a contract which enabled him to earn money back with starts.  He will NOT get a $10 million a year contract from the Bills.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/chargers-to-release-t-bryan-bulaga

Bulaga’s career is at a crossroads after this Bolts decision. He will turn 33 next week and has now missed more than 10 games in three seasons — 2013, 2017 and 2021. The former first-round pick underwent core muscle surgery in October. The Iowa product has made 122 career starts, breaking in for Green Bay’s Super Bowl-winning team as a rookie in 2010 and signing an extension to stay with the Packers in 2015.

For an Inuit hunter a beluga is a serious target…., for Beane? Not so much…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

At right tackle?

I think Spencer Brown is the answer at right tackle, and I think the Bills agree.  Tommy Doyle is not yet considered a sure thing as a backup swing tackle, but he improved during the season and he's got a chance to develop further.  With the money the Bills have spent in other areas of the roster, I just think offensive tackle is an area where they think they can stand pat.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yet Duke Johnson, Greg Mancz, Case Keenum and Jamison Crowder say ‘Hi!’🙌 today..

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yet Duke Johnson, Greg Mancz, Case Keenum and Jamison Crowder say ‘Hi!’🙌 today..

Beane said he had backup QB included in that cap figure.  

Prettysure Jamison Crowder is the only one that’s not a cap-neutral “vet minimum” type signing, will be interesting to see what he signed for.  “Up to $4M” can mean a lot of things

7 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think Spencer Brown is the answer at right tackle, and I think the Bills agree.  Tommy Doyle is not yet considered a sure thing as a backup swing tackle, but he improved during the season and he's got a chance to develop further.  With the money the Bills have spent in other areas of the roster, I just think offensive tackle is an area where they think they can stand pat.

You missed my joke and I don't blame you cause it wasn't very good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.