Haack restructures contract

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, I'm sure it can be done, but in the case of a punt, it impacts the OTHER team's field position the most - rendering the connection to expected points ADDED per punt of necessity, indirect.  It will be filtered through the team's defense and the other team's ST.

Unless, of course, there's a blocked punt returned for a score, in which case the connection is direct and immediate.

Not so?

I believe that defensive EPA is calculated as having a negative impact on an opponent’s score and, thus, a positive impact on EPA for their team.  Punters would fall into that category. 

A below average punter but a fantastic kick holder. I don't think they spend draft capital on a punter although I could be wrong. I think they will live with his punting (which regressed last year, maybe they expect some positive regression as in Miami he was average to above average at punting) since he is such a good holder. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There it is. Not doomed, after all.

Oh no!  Dooooooom has just been postponed to be come DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!

Hurry.  Change fantasy roster and switch to alternate team jersey to team for which all decisions are always perfect.

[ I have often wondered why all the GMs who did not spend a 5th round pick on Teflon Tom were not immediately fired and had their salaries disputed by league ]

The guy is a great holder for kicks, which is more important that a few extra yards on punts for us. Secondly Haack will hopefully only be on the field 30 times this coming year. Lastly this past year was his worst year because of about 6 terrible plays, I believe/hope he will work that out.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

A below average punter but a fantastic kick holder. I don't think they spend draft capital on a punter although I could be wrong. I think they will live with his punting (which regressed last year, maybe they expect some positive regression as in Miami he was average to above average at punting) since he is such a good holder. 

How hard is it to be a good holder?  You catch the ball and make sure the laces are out.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.