Spotrac spitballs C. Kirk & C. Williams to Bills

Estro

On his most recent Spotrac podcast, Mike G. broke down the FA class with some value projections as well as where some players "could" land.

I put could in parentheses because I've found Mike G to have what seems like some insider knowledge when it comes to the Bills. Thats why when I hear any predicitions he makes regarding the Bills, I perk my ears up.  Last year he said sownthing to the effect of "keep an eye on Tribusky to a team like the Bills for a team friendly 1 year deal." Then about 3 days later it happened. Maybe it was total coincidence, but common sense says probably not.

In his most recent episode he talked Christian Kirk coming alive in the Cardinals offense once Murray started pushing the ball down the field more. He linked him to a team with a QB that can get him the ball down the field, and specifically predicted with Josh Allen and the Bills. Had his value pegged @ 4 yrs - $48M.

A little later he said he liked Cowboys Guard, Connor Williams, to land in Buffalo where he'll be a better fit scheme wise on a 3 year - $21M deal.  I think cutting Feliciano is a given, but a move like this I would assume means the Bills would also cut/trade Daryl Williams. Connor Williams plays RG, so no way you're paying him $7M a year without moving Daryl, IMO.

That Christian Kirk move would be a pretty sick addition though. And would probably also forecast them moving on from Beasley. Mike G. didn't dive into the weeds on who he'd expect to be cut to make room for these moves, but I'd be interested to hear his take on that.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Estro said:

On his most recent Spotrac podcast, Mike G. broke down the FA class with some value projections as well as where some players "could" land.

I put could in parentheses because I've found Mike G to have what seems like some insider knowledge when it comes to the Bills. Thats why when I hear any predicitions he makes regarding the Bills, I perk my ears up.  Last year he said sownthing to the effect of "keep an eye on Tribusky to a team like the Bills for a team friendly 1 year deal." Then about 3 days later it happened. Maybe it was total coincidence, but common sense says probably not.

In his most recent episode he talked Christian Kirk coming alive in the Cardinals offense once Murray started pushing the ball down the field more. He linked him to a team with a QB that can get him the ball down the field, and specifically predicted with Josh Allen and the Bills. Had his value pegged @ 4 yrs - $48M.

A little later he said he liked Cowboys Guard, Connor Williams, to land in Buffalo where he'll be a better fit scheme wise on a 3 year - $21M deal.  I think cutting Feliciano is a given, but a move like this I would assume means the Bills would also cut/trade Daryl Williams. Connor Williams plays RG, so no way you're paying him $7M a year without moving Daryl, IMO.

That Christian Kirk move would be a pretty sick addition though. And would probably also forecast them moving on from Beasley. Mike G. didn't dive into the weeds on who he'd expect to be cut to make room for these moves, but I'd be interested to hear his take on that.  

I wonder if we did sign Connor Williams, we could move Daryl Williams to LG?  
I really liked what I saw from Bates but that was only a 5-6 stretch?  We were fooled with Ryan Groy….remember him?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Would love Kirk on the Bills, but surprised that Mikey G has projected him as a $12M per year contract. Seems a bit high IMO, paying for potential rather than his production to this point which can be a risky move in FA. Kirk would add youth, speed, and YAC ability to our WR room though.

No interest in Connor Williams for me. Dude got beaten like a drum by just about everyone he faced last year and better scheme fit or not, $7M per year for a struggling guard is a hard pass. I'm hoping we get Darryl Williams to take a pay cut and also add an IOL in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really liked what I saw from Bates but that was only a 5-6 stretch?  We were fooled with Ryan Groy….remember him?

Groy looked good after Wood went down because the rest of the line was solid around him. Richie covered up a lot. Once he had to elevate the play around him, Groy looked very average. 

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ryan Groy is a good example...........but Colin Brown was even more of a fools gold situation........he was the 340 pound mountain who looked really good at center in place of Eric Wood in 2012.........so they re-signed him to play LG and he almost single-handedly destroyed the 2013 Bills offense because he was so impossibly bad.    His 2013 was probably the worst season of guard play in the past 50 years of Bills football.

I have my fingers crossed about Bates but he's going to be cheap enough that he can just be "in the mix" and not penned in as a starter based off a few starts when Josh Allen was pulling out all the stops to move the football.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ryan Groy is a good example...........but Colin Brown was even more of a fools gold situation........he was the 340 pound mountain who looked really good at center in place of Eric Wood in 2012.........so they re-signed him to play LG and he almost single-handedly destroyed the 2013 Bills offense because he was so impossibly bad.    His 2013 was probably the worst season of guard play in the past 50 years of Bills football.

I have my fingers crossed about Bates but he's going to be cheap enough that he can just be "in the mix" and not penned in as a starter based off a few starts when Josh Allen was pulling out all the stops to move the football.

Never mention Colin Brown again.  Please!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

In the playoff game against the 49ers, Williams almost single-handedly stopped a drive with 3 penalties.  He had 17 flags on the year. Not sure he is a fit.  Penalties are mostly a lack of focus or bad technique.  Both things piss off Coach McD...

Kirk - sign me up.  Bills need to get younger at WR.  Kirk, Davis and Diggs would be a great core for a couple of years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

We are not signing big dollar players in free agency...don't have the money for it and Beane even alluded to not expect much in that realm in his season ending press conference.

We will work on getting a few value FAs to come in and build via the draft.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.