Is McDermott going to scare players away?

wagne591

I love how he benches players. They made it very clear from the start, noones job is safe. They will always bring in competition and will not be afraid to punish players screwing up in ways that can cost them the game.

The only way McD. Scares players away are of they are scared of winning.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m not reading that.

I started, but figured I got the gist of it early on and gave up. It seemed a rather daunting task.

There are no participation awards in the NFL. They are not in middle school. If they are afraid of consequences for their quality of play, maybe they need to find a new place to go to work. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, cDAVIS said:

I love how he benches players. They made it very clear from the start, noones job is safe. They will always bring in competition and will not be afraid to punish players screwing up in ways that can cost them the game.

The only way McD. Scares players away are of they are scared of winning.

I'd also like to point out that, while many want to point to similar offenses to insinuate favoritism, they aren't the same level of offense.  Singletary gets the ball punched out and stays in.  Moss has a lapse of concentration on a hand-off, and Mckenzie gives up the ball on his own.  I believe Breida was also benched for simply coughing the ball up uncontested.  Being the victim of a good play is a much different situation than demonstrating lack of focus. The latter is a reason to sit down and get your head in the game.

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Like (+1) 1

McDermott is the reason that Buffalo is a destination for FA's. Before his arrival, there was a real penalty that the organization had to pay to get good FA's to sign with a perennial loser. Now we are set for the forseeable future and you want to blow it up and start over? No thanks.

2 hours ago, wagne591 said:

Looking at how McDermott handles his players during season and in game is sometimes questionable...don't you think?  McKenzie fumbled the punt against Indy..

2 hours ago, wagne591 said:

Moss fumbled the ball in 2020 against SF early in the game...yes it was on the goal line...but I don't think coach had to benched him for the rest of the game. 

Feelings...Nothing more than...feelings

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It seems more like a Debbie Downer post than a troll post IMO.

I heard Debbie Downer lives under bridge…, at least some of the time, kinda like a time share…, 

34 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't have a problem with McD benching guys for making big mistakes.  Belichick did it all the time. What I do have a huge problem with is a HC that doesn't own up to his own colossal mistakes.  I'd be terrified knowing I've worked my butt off in a playoff game only to have him screw it up late.

From the front office down to the towel boy, they are all teammates, not a single one of this team’s members is ever “terrified” that a teammate might “drop the ball” as might be said, they certainly don’t want it to happen, but they all know it is a real possibility on every play or decision made, like it or not it’s part of the game. 

Go Bills!!!

43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't have a problem with McD benching guys for making big mistakes.  Belichick did it all the time. What I do have a huge problem with is a HC that doesn't own up to his own colossal mistakes.  I'd be terrified knowing I've worked my butt off in a playoff game only to have him screw it up late.

Just curious of when he didn't own up to making a mistake?  He has always stated it starts with him and he has to do better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Wasn't it just last season where McKenzie said he'd be willing to play here for candy?

Yes.  And McKenzie is still saying he wants to come back, but we all also know it's a business - and he wants the chance to start in the slot.

He wasn't gonna get it as long as Beasley and Daboll were here. 

Whether the depth chart will look different under Dorsey and with Brady's input, remains to  be seen.

Whether Beasley is on the team on March 20th, when he's due a $0.5M roster bonus, also remains to be seen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.