Is McDermott going to scare players away?

wagne591

30 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Clear troll post. Don't take the bait. 

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It seems more like a Debbie Downer post than a troll post IMO.

I'd call it more of a: "I don't like McDermott" post so let me come up with some reasons why he's not a good to show I'm right.

As far as McKenzie goes there were some stories about how there was much more to the story with him about things going on at practice, etc.

Likely before any FA player signs with a team, they make some calls to contacts they might have or even friend of a friend to find out what it's really like on said team.  Other players know what went on behind the scenes and will tell.

Recall reading both this year and last Diggs was recruiting players to sign here.  Doesn't sound like there are issues going on to me.

37 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

"Weather or not" there is any substance to this post lets not overlook that this site was due for another cry for McDermott's head.

If you are some type of long time fan who is excited about the future - sees a competent FO, good coach, and franchise QB -and see a possible 8 year run as a top team in the league - please take care in the threads you open. Your buzz can be negatively affected by the newbie fans who want, no demand, a superbowl win every year.

Wondering if these are the same people who used to post on that site that closed down without notice. To me, this place went downhill after that took place.

8 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Ask BB if he scared players away when Brady was there. He always benched people for fumbling.

He did it this past season too.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wagne591 said:

Looking at how McDermott handles his players during season and in game is sometimes questionable...don't you think?  McKenzie fumbled the punt against Indy...yes it was bad...but everyone on the team seemed to be having a bad day during that one.  Did that mean that McKenzie needed to be benched for that game and then on the IA list the following week.  I don't think so, that is why McKenzie may be leaving us.  Z. Moss fumbled the ball in 2020 against SF early in the game...yes it was on the goal line...but I don't think coach had to benched him for the rest of the game.  D. Singletary had fumble problems in 2020 and early this year he seems to under utilize him until the end of the year...that is probably a bad example...but you get the point.  Not to mention his in game management as a coach...he always preaches Super Bowl caliber to his players well maybe he needs to look in the mirror too.  He is the head coach which means he is responsible for everything that goes on, on the field.  Bad play calls by the Offence or Defense...on him.  Weather or not to go for it on 4th down...on him.  Communication on the side lines...on him. Questionable use of TO's during the game...on him.  This one baffles me as a spectator and watching how other coaches use their time outs.  He never uses his time outs to manage situations...(i.e. after we scored a go ahead TD with 13 seconds left.  We still had one TO to burn, why not use it to calm the team down after the big play lets catch our breath and make sure everyone is on the same page on how to close out the game.  Make sure Bass knows its a squib kick (trust but verify...leadership 101).  Make sure everyone knows the situation K.C. has 10 seconds basically (less then 10 seconds with a squib kick/3 seconds or less for FG try) to get in FG range with 3 TO's at their disposal so cover the whole field.  Instead he uses his TO on the second play on Defense to see what the Chiefs will do giving them more time to come up with a play.  Not a Super Bowl Caliber moment for our coaching staff and it falls on McD.  He is a great coach but not a great game manager. 

This might keep our own guys from resigning or it might scare potential FA's from coming here.    

Saturday Night Live Ok GIF by HULU

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

What a bunch of freaking nonsense. There are 32 teams in the NFL. For a FA there are maybe 3 good options for playing time and one good option to join a team in a super bowl window. You really think Von Miller is going to look at an offer from the Bills and think "well they benched their KR after he fumbled while not being touched, may want consider that offer from the Jets"

Such nonsense 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Wondering if these are the same people who used to post on that site that closed down without notice. To me, this place went downhill after that took place.

Agree 110%.  Notice that the OP is now far away and long gone after dropping his dumpster fire of a post.  @wagne591 where did you go????  Back to troll land???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

By all accounts the Bills seem to have a great locker room and great team spirit. They have one of the beat quarterbacks in the game and is one of the favourites to win the super bowl. But yeah, McDermott is scaring players away. By the way, his record as a coach for the Bills is pretty good. 

some coaches like belichick bench players who make mistakes and are considered a genius disciplinarian

some coaches like sean mcvay go for it on 4th and 1 and fail, but are viewed as trusting his players....a players coach

i haven't heard one player past or present complain about mcdermott....but hey, dont let that stop ya

by your reasoning, if you tell a loved one to do something and for whatever reason it doesnt turn out well.....its your fault

anyways, i dont think mcclappity is scaring anybody away....in fact, just the opposite....one of his greatest strengths is getting his players to buy into the team concept, unselfish play. hes got some faults....but scaring away players aint one of em

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.