Kyler Murray unfollows Cardinals on social media

Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Josh was part of an epic loss and doesn’t throw a temper tantrum.  Doesn’t blame anyone.

Bills hit it out of the park with Josh.  Generational talent, and a solid dude.

Murray never faced adversity in his football career before getting drafted. Just like Josh had to learn how to win on the big stage, players have to learn how to lose and grow from it. Kind of like how Urban Meyer didn't know how to develop a team while losing in Jacksonville. 

• Agree 1

Granted this opinion is coming from someone who hasn’t seen Murray play a ton (just highlights mostly) but I really don’t get the hype. For as good as he supposedly is, when you look at his stats he has an awful lot of <200 yard, 0-1 touchdown passes type games. This might be a good time for Arizona to explore what they can get for him in a trade edits they have to pay him big time money

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Murray never faced adversity in his football career before getting drafted. Just like Josh had to learn how to win on the big stage, players have to learn how to lose and grow from it. Kind of like how Urban Meyer didn't know how to develop a team while losing in Jacksonville. 

True.  But actions like that are a glimpse into who that person is.  He most likely has people who manage his social media and others who handle his image.  What he did was purposeful. Could have handled it better. 

The Cardinals have not had an extensive conversation with Murray since their end-of-season meetings, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Sunday, but there are a few things they'd like to get across to the star quarterback.

"I do know they're looking for Murray to take a step forward in a number of areas," Garafolo reported on NFL GameDay Morning. "We're talking about maturity, body language on the sideline, having a bigger voice with his teammates, and leadership."

Garafolo added that several members of the club were not pleased that Murray did not finish out Arizona's Super Wild Card Weekend defeat to the Los Angeles Rams, in which Murray threw two picks and the Cardinals lost by 23 points. Murray was not on the field for the final two snaps of the game (two Eno Benjamin runs), ceding quarterback snaps to backup Colt McCoy.

I thought the buzz around him scrubbing his social media pages was bogus, but there appears to be some real problems brewing there.

It won't happen, but ... I'd love to see another Bo Jackson 2 sports guy. Deion did it a bit (and I always thought he'd have been a tremendous ballplayer if he set his mind to baseball), AJ Brown is making some noises about trying baseball again ... Kyler could be a legend (if only the Cards would allow him to miss camp and the first 4-6 games).

And then there's Michael Jordan ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, davefan66 said:

True.  But actions like that are a glimpse into who that person is.  He most likely has people who manage his social media and others who handle his image.  What he did was purposeful. Could have handled it better. 

KM is very talented. But the Cards have faded late in the past two years. He’s everything scouts saw in college. Uber talented, height challenged and self centered. Not a great leader and unlikely to suddenly find that attribute. 

This latest episode after a disappointing end to the cards season is on par with his demeanor. The modern athlete totally focused on himself. His body language as a team leader is beyond embarrassing. 

Don’t see him changing. Good luck to the Cards. 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:27 AM, Big Turk said:

Apparently from people who know him, he is extremely moody and immature. Not surprising he has late season fades when things get tough.

Yes, even though he’s now a few years older, had to have his dad in the room in a televised interview about whether his future was football or baseball, where said dad answered most of the questions from the other side of the room.  

It appears he may not have matured much since then.

Of course, being an Oakland A’s fan, I’d just love it if he switched to baseball.  

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In 1972, Chinese premier Zhou Enlai was asked about the impact of the French Revolution. “Too early to say,” he replied.

With that in mind: the jury's still out on whether dumping Josh Rosen for Kyler Murray was a good idea.

Rosen was/is awful. Murray is at least talented enough to be a starter in the league. It was the right call. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yes, even though he’s now a few years older, had to have his dad in the room in a televised interview about whether his future was football or baseball, where said dad answered most of the questions from the other side of the room.  

It appears he may not have matured much since then.

Of course, being an Oakland A’s fan, I’d just love it if he switched to baseball.  

But then you'd only have him a few years until he became a free agent and became too expensive for your cheap ass owner to afford 😂

You could hear it in his interviews during 2020, that Kyler likes to shift the blame onto others. He's a good QB. Not great yet by any means, but he's good. At the same time, if he's going to be a headcase or a diva year in and year out then it may be best just to cut your losses. Trade him, get a nice return, and move forward. 

• Agree 1

Peter King from this morning's FMIA:

"Big day for Mort. He also reported that the Cardinals’ relationship with Kyler Murray has soured. “Murray is described as self-centered, immature and finger pointer, per sources,” Mortensen reported. He also thinks Murray believes he’s being scapegoated as the reason for the Cardinals’ late-season collapse. What’s especially interesting is the dynamic of this offseason. Murray at midseason was a legit MVP candidate, and it was virtually certain that the franchise would try to sign him to a lucrative second contract when he became eligible for it this offseason. Now, if the Cards don’t engage in discussion, that could ruffle Murray’s ego. But why would the team want to sign him to a $40-million-a-year contract (or some such deal) when they surely have some doubts about his ability to lead the team to the promised land? This one bears watching too."

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/13/2022 at 4:38 PM, HappyDays said:

I thought the buzz around him scrubbing his social media pages was bogus, but there appears to be some real problems brewing there.

It has been obvious from the very beginning, since the draft process and every point sense, that Murray is selfish and immature.  He is not a team player.  He is not a leader.  He will never win a championship.  The sooner the Cardinals move on from him and that doofus coach the better off they will be.  

18 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

KM is very talented. But the Cards have faded late in the past two years. He’s everything scouts saw in college. Uber talented, height challenged and self centered. Not a great leader and unlikely to suddenly find that attribute. 

This latest episode after a disappointing end to the cards season is on par with his demeanor. The modern athlete totally focused on himself. His body language as a team leader is beyond embarrassing. 

Don’t see him changing. Good luck to the Cards. 

I would agree with you, for the most part, I would go as far as to say KM is a spoiled brat.  His immaturity is mind boggling as he is supposedly an adult. The Cards are screwed with this guy as their QB. 

On 2/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, Ya Digg? said:

Granted this opinion is coming from someone who hasn’t seen Murray play a ton (just highlights mostly) but I really don’t get the hype. For as good as he supposedly is, when you look at his stats he has an awful lot of <200 yard, 0-1 touchdown passes type games. This might be a good time for Arizona to explore what they can get for him in a trade edits they have to pay him big time money

I live out in AZ so I do watch him quite a bit. I thought he was elite level, but this season, once Hopkins went down, the whole offense pretty much collapsed. Maybe Hopkins was the key and not Murray. My criticism of him always was that he looked real down when things didn't go well and you can't have that from your QB. He's ultra talented though and I think it would be unwise for the Cardinals to move on from him, at least right now.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Rosen was/is awful. Murray is at least talented enough to be a starter in the league. It was the right call. 

It was said with sarcasm, 

Perhaps the Cardinals' problem is that they hired a guy to be the HC who had literally ZERO qualifications.  He was a failure at the collegiate level and had exactly 0 hours as a coach at any level in the NFL.

But hey .. he looked good, right?

I don't know if Kyler Murray will be a good NFL QB.  But putting him on a team with an inept coach like Kilffy surely ain't doing him no favors.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.