FA Target Wishlist - Cordarrelle Patterson

Virgil

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Kirk would be a nice acquisition back him up with a draft pick in the mid rounds for depth and longer term development. 

Here would be my suggestion:

UCLA redshirt sophomore WR Kyle Phillips caught an impressive 92 percent of his catchable targets in 2019 according to Pro Football Focus. 

Phillips (5'11/181) started eight of the 12 games in which he appeared last season, setting a program record for receptions by a freshman (true or redshirt) with 60. The redshirt sophomore racked up 681 yards and five touchdown receptions, and can be even better with consistent play at the quarterback position. "He was used more on shallow routes, but on the occasion when he did see a downfield target, it usually paid big dividends," Treash wrote. "On his 17 targets from the slot that were 10-plus yard downfield, Philips generated a 152.6 passer rating, which would be the third-best in college football." 

Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA

No player in Vegas is generating more buzz than Philips. His ability to get in and out of breaks quickly has impressed, and he's catching everything thrown his way.

Philips was a first-team All-Pac-12 selection by the coaches this past season, leading the conference with 10 touchdown receptions two years after setting UCLA's freshman record with 60 catches back in 2019. Teams looking for a slot receiver in the Hunter Renfrow mold will be studying Philips, as the two wideouts have almost identical measurables:

Renfrow (2019 Combine): 5-foot-10 1/4, 184 pounds, 29 1/8-inch arms.

Philips (2022 EW Shrine): 5-11, 186 pounds, 29 3/4-inch arms.

He is also a real good punt returner as well.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Agreed on Patterson.

Another ideal FA target: WR Christian Kirk

He fills 3 vacant spots with just his 1.

- WR Mckenzie is gone

- WR Sanders is gone

- Cut WR Beasley, save money on the cap

Roughly 80% of Kirk's snaps in 2021 came out of the slot. In 1 player, Kirk would be replacing the 3 dudes above. With Diggs and Davis cemented as the 2 outside WRs, Kirk slots in perfectly as the slot receiver. He adds an explosive element from the slot. It's a great match/fit. 

Yes 100%. One of the FA out there you can see adding a lot to the team in different areas. 

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I prefer Jerrick McKinnon. I think he brings a different dynamic and he is a better receiver. But I agree with the premise and the thinking. 

He looked great in KC, will be extremely cheap and is a perfect complement to Singletary. 

McKinnon plus Williams or Olave in Rd 1 would be a cheap way to give our offense a huge boost and some much needed speed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Would love to have him, but not at Spotrac’s projected $9M+ per year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/cordarrelle-patterson-12309/market-value/

38 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I prefer Jerrick McKinnon. I think he brings a different dynamic and he is a better receiver. But I agree with the premise and the thinking. 

This this this. Steal from the Chiefs. I think Mahomes checking down to him was a significant part of how he was able to beat the 2-deep shell look he struggled with at times.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Special K said:

Here would be my suggestion:

UCLA redshirt sophomore WR Kyle Phillips caught an impressive 92 percent of his catchable targets in 2019 according to Pro Football Focus. 

Phillips (5'11/181) started eight of the 12 games in which he appeared last season, setting a program record for receptions by a freshman (true or redshirt) with 60. The redshirt sophomore racked up 681 yards and five touchdown receptions, and can be even better with consistent play at the quarterback position. "He was used more on shallow routes, but on the occasion when he did see a downfield target, it usually paid big dividends," Treash wrote. "On his 17 targets from the slot that were 10-plus yard downfield, Philips generated a 152.6 passer rating, which would be the third-best in college football." 

Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA

No player in Vegas is generating more buzz than Philips. His ability to get in and out of breaks quickly has impressed, and he's catching everything thrown his way.

Philips was a first-team All-Pac-12 selection by the coaches this past season, leading the conference with 10 touchdown receptions two years after setting UCLA's freshman record with 60 catches back in 2019. Teams looking for a slot receiver in the Hunter Renfrow mold will be studying Philips, as the two wideouts have almost identical measurables:

Renfrow (2019 Combine): 5-foot-10 1/4, 184 pounds, 29 1/8-inch arms.

Philips (2022 EW Shrine): 5-11, 186 pounds, 29 3/4-inch arms.

He is also a real good punt returner as well.

Nabbing a good punt/kick returner definitely adds value. What is Philips draft stock? What round is he projected to go in? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Nabbing a good punt/kick returner definitely adds value. What is Philips draft stock? What round is he projected to go in? 

I believe it’s between the 3rd and 5th rounds, but he could climb higher as the draft approaches.

I like Patterson except I believe Spotrac when they estimate Patterson won't not be cheap, $9M range.  An older RB who would want to get paid.

My wish list among the FAs, factoring in Spotrac salaries:

Gronk - $8M, I think he would do the hometown right at Market price

OBJ - $6M.  What a value.  The guy still has the goods.  I think he might want to go to another Superbowl contender.

Bring back McKenzie - blame past usage problems on DaBoll.  Spotrac doesn't even bother putting an estimate on him, pretty cheap I would imagine, couple million.

Then draft CB, OL, WR, and TE (developmental) in a BPA kind of way.

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Even at age 31, I would love to see us make a run at Patterson.  I think he'd fit perfectly into this offense and can absorb the roles of different players.  He can line up in the backfield on 3rd and long, he can run the sweeps, and return kicks.  He brings speed with him that has to be respected.

I can't see him fetching a huge price on the market and I know he wants to sign with the Falcons.  Also, there's been absolutely nothing linking him to the Bills.

With all of that, I hope we make an attempt if he hits the open market.

He could play our Deebo Samuel role in our new 2TE 3WR offense.

25 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

id love to see cordarrelle in a bills uni.

I’d also love to read a few thoughts for the divisional game @Virgil. are you going to post a final one for the season? i need it to fully get over the game 

Probably not.  This board was so flooded with posts for the weeks after, it just felt like overkill.  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

If McKenzie decides grass is greener elsewhere and we want to move on from Beasley, how about Braxton Berrios from the Jets?  Fills slot role, jet sweep role, kick returner role, plus weakens division opponent.  No idea what he would cost on the open market.  Would it make sense to approach a guy like this and say, "play one year on a below market deal with Josh and you'll hit the open market next year and make a fortune."

Being a Hurricanes fan, I've followed him quite a bit. When he was playing with the Canes, I always pictured the Patriots taking him the be the next Welker, Edelman, etc...he's a very solid all-around player and would be a great slot guy. Not sure if his hands are as goof as Beasley, but he has more athleticism at his age.

Yeah I just looked at his spotrac market value and these guys are usually pretty spot on.  I’ll pass anywhere near 9m.  

im on the Berrios and Foreman train for offensive additions via free agency.  Get those guys and sprinkle in a couple more FAs on defense and head to the draft 

6 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Agreed on Patterson.

Another ideal FA target: WR Christian Kirk

He fills 3 vacant spots with just his 1.

- WR Mckenzie is gone

- WR Sanders is gone

- Cut WR Beasley, save money on the cap

Roughly 80% of Kirk's snaps in 2021 came out of the slot. In 1 player, Kirk would be replacing the 3 dudes above. With Diggs and Davis cemented as the 2 outside WRs, Kirk slots in perfectly as the slot receiver. He adds an explosive element from the slot. It's a great match/fit. 

How does Kirk replace Beasley and McKenzie?

44 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How does Kirk replace Beasley and McKenzie?

He’s good out of the slot and is good at the end around things McKenzie is good at.  He wasn’t used a lot out of the backfield it i believe in college he was.  I could be wrong 

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.