Joe Brady for QB Coach? [Now Hired]

Rubes

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, hard to believe he couldn't get more out of Sam Darnold, Cam Newton, PJ Walker and Chubba Hubbard...

Anyway, I don't think Josh needs this guy at this point.  His QB Coach is now also his OC.  

He's not coming to Buffalo to teach QB mechanics.........he was a WR in college and the only other position coach he's been on offense anywhere is a WR coach.......never been a QB coach before..........he is likely there to add to the teams game planning/design,  helping Dorsey as the "passing game coordinator"...........and then being promoted if Dorsey becomes a HC or getting his pick of better OC jobs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen is very coachable and open to any ideas that improve his game.  Joe Brady is well known to the QB's & WR's of the NFL because of that amazing season at LSU. Allen will appreciate the insight Brady brings to the table and Brady will appreciate that he's lucked into coaching the NFL's most electrifying QB. There is ever reason to believe that these two will make magic together.

Why wouldn't Cincy bring him in?

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's not coming to Buffalo to teach QB mechanics.........he was a WR in college and the only other position coach he's been on offense anywhere is a WR coach.......never been a QB coach before..........he is likely there to add to the teams game planning/design,  helping Dorsey as the "passing game coordinator"...........and then being promoted if Dorsey becomes a HC or getting his pick of better OC jobs.

What would be a "better OC job" for Dorsey than the one he just got?

• Like (+1) 1

I find it weird that Brady has never played QB and has never been a QB coach, and this is the title we give him. It makes me think it's a title only and that his real role will be to help design the passing game. I imagine next year's offensive design will be a mix of Dorsey, Brady, and Allen's ideas without changing the fundamental system that Daboll ran. I'm still a little worried that Dorsey has no experience calling plays, but the collective knowledge and innovativeness on the offensive coaching staff makes me optimistic.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What would be a "better OC job" for Dorsey than the one he just got?

Was referring to Brady maybe finding a better OC job than he felt was even available this "cycle"........... in the event that Dorsey were to remain in his position as Bills OC after 2022.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ken Dorsey IMO is going to get a Head coach job after next season if everything goes as planned. Bills need someone ready to take over in a year. This would fit the bill.

Only one year as a coordinator and on to head coaching? I hope he does (as that would likely mean we got to the promised land), but seems way premature to think he has a real shot at head coach after next season. Maybe I’m wrong..

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I find it weird that Brady has never played QB and has never been a QB coach, and this is the title we give him. It makes me think it's a title only and that his real role will be to help design the passing game. I imagine next year's offensive design will be a mix of Dorsey, Brady, and Allen's ideas without changing the fundamental system that Daboll ran. I'm still a little worried that Dorsey has no experience calling plays, but the collective knowledge and innovativeness on the offensive coaching staff makes me optimistic.

I agree with this assessment. I could care less what title he has as long as they collectively coordinate the offense without losing too much of Daboll's base scheme. If Dorsey moves on in a couple years, Brady will be ready to jump in.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Andy reid never played quarterback.. he was always an offensive line coach , until he got the chance to coach Brett favre and be his quarterback coach for 2 years 

Gets Donovan McNabb and he's suddenly a quarterback guru

But he never played or coached it until he got the chance

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

And it’s more than just calling plays.  Unless they keep the whole offensive playbook, it’s also designing plays.

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And to be the guy that Josh leans on. The guy sitting next to Josh between series diagnosing what he has or hadn't seen and discussing adjustments. We know Josh likes that. It is why they have been so keen on Barkley and Trubisky too. Josh comes off the field he likes having sounding boards. I presume Dorsey will go up to the box. 

• Like (+1) 6

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree it would be a “get-right” move but I also feel like Dorsey might be one of those guys who could be a HC candidate next year if the offense looks great. Brady would be a good option to succeed him if so and would be familiar with the personnel. 

They better have a good 3 year, must stay, contract with Dorsey. Don't want him to leave after a year for continuity sake.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.