Ken Dorsey Promoted to OC

Mopreme

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Tua or Jones or Allen. 

which one gives Dorsey the fastest track to HC?  

he wasn’t going anywhere. The ONLY wild card was University of Miami. 

If Carucci is to be believed, there were several other taems in hot pursuit.  It wasn't a foregone conclusion.

12 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Now who do we hire at QB coach 👀 

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

The assistant QB coach under Dorsey I’d imagine will get the promotion.  Shea Tierney(sp?)

Yeah, Tierney moves up to QB coach (I doubt Daboll taps him for OC).  And maybe Webb moves to assistant QB coach?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You are exactly making my point....you seem satisfied with the status quo and defending it like it can't be better....

1. When you have set offensive franchise records two years in a row and have been near the top of the league in offensive yards and scoring, the "status quo" in offensive philosophy seems kinda like the way to go.

2. Keeping continuity in offensive philosophy does not mean in any way that it can't also be even better

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2

Congrats Ken.

It's a good deal that things won't drastically change going into 2022.

Daboll was great for the team but if I had to criticize him it was the way he strung play calls together.

At times it seemed to hampered momentum.

Here's hoping that Ken Dorsey has seen that sitting in the wings and can be an improvement.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Happy to keep him...I think. I would like to see some experienced coaches around him. A lot of QB coach experience but none running the entire O. We have an opening at OL coach so ideally we can find a really good one that can be an asset to Dorsey. 

St. Doug is available, "obviously"...

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.  This move is a good one.  It gives continuity, but I suspect Dorsey will add wrinkles of his own, making us look less predictable next year. 

Josh has a great relationship with Dorsey too so that is a big plus on the communication side of it.  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

As I’m not involved in high level Bills meetings I have a question.   Concerning the open O-line and QB coach positions, would those hires be his decisions alone or would he run it by McBeane for them to decide?

I would imagine a collaboration with McDermott in the lead for the OL coach and Dorsey having a bigger say in his QB coach.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

If Carucci is to be believed, there were several other taems in hot pursuit.  It wasn't a foregone conclusion.

Yeah, Tierney moves up to QB coach (I doubt Daboll taps him for OC).  And maybe Webb moves to assistant QB coach?

And yet a Single actual interview request. 

sorry people were making a story were there isn’t one. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.