Ken Dorsey Promoted to OC

Mopreme

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Nice to see the FO listen to its #17 meal ticket in the locker room! 

Yep. Dorsey may be the OC, but make no mistake, this is Josh’s offense and he owns it. It’s not unlike Brady in NE*** as they went thru a string of OCs while he was there and that O never missed a beat because he owned that offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agreed. Was wondering if they found the picture where he looks the most haggard/old just to make him seem like a more tenured/seasoned hire. 

i'm glad i'm not the only one.  now i'm wondering how disgusted someone would be if they hadn't seen me since college, and randomly ran into me. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Not sure how to feel about it.  We have no idea how much Dorsey has been contributing to the game plan and the success.  And he has never called games is my understanding, so that will be new.  I suspect replacing the OL coach will be equally if not more important to next year's success.  It will be interesting to see if he has a running game coordinator to help him.

A fresh new perspective vs continuity.  Pros and cons either way.  

Offense is least of my worries.  Add an interior linemen or two and an upgrade on TE#2 and the offense will be fine.  They have lots of options on how to structure the WR group and as in another thread I'm fine with Singletary as the feature back. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Couple of points...

1. You should be banned for even mentioning Eichel in the same sentence as Allen, let alone comparing them. :nana:

2. When we need crucial yards, you put the ball in the hands of your best player on the field. That is JFA.

3. YAC was low, but Josh's Air Yards per Pass was high. It's a trade off. Teams with high YAC often throw low yardage bubble screens.

4. Absolutely did not use Davis enough. And then blew our cover for next year in the last game of the season so we wont have the ability to "surprise" anyone with him.

1. Whatever...listening to your employees isn't always advised

2. I am hoping JA plays past 30...he ain't going to be the same getting clobbered 5-7 times a  game....Use you Rb's ...that is why you have them.

3. Bills pass routes tend to be run to a spot and turn around...when 19 ripped up NE...he was running crossing routes and YAC...

You are exactly making my point....you seem satisfied with the status quo and defending it like it can't be better....

• Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm glad i'm not the only one.  now i'm wondering how disgusted someone would be if they hadn't seen me since college, and randomly ran into me. 

But would we have to have known you before to be disgusted?

20 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Asking Jack Eichel didn't work out too well...I think the O was more a function of JA being steller than BD. When your go to play for 3rd and 4 and 4th and 2 is stident body right with your $250 million qb....thats imagination? Bills YAC were lowest in the leauge...a function of static pass routes...Didn;t use Gabe enough....

Maybe Dorsey can move forward instead of more of the same....

Eichel recommended Rick Dennison as OC?

19 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

I mean, he was only the QB coach of one of the most polarizing draft picks of recent history and now Allen is basically a Hemi with a surface to air missile launcher mounted to the bed. Of course he'd be getting some looks.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Happy to keep him...I think. I would like to see some experienced coaches around him. A lot of QB coach experience but none running the entire O. We have an opening at OL coach so ideally we can find a really good one that can be an asset to Dorsey. 

Munchak for OL coach?

• Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.